Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-04-26, 6:21pm

Default Northstar Warm Yellow?

I was talking to another boro worker this weekend and he mentioned that he was looking for Warm Yellow. We talked about GA having a Warm Yellow, but he said it was made by Northstar a while ago and he can't find it. Momka's Yellow Pearl is close, but he wants the NS for a certain look. Anybody remember this NS color? I suggested he post here, but he doesn't frequent LE. I'd have posted a WTB in the Garage, but figured this is boro specific.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-04-26, 6:34pm

I believe that it's a Glass Alchemy color. Layer warm yellow over any of the red for outstanding fushisa

Old 2009-04-27, 7:27am
ManBearPig

Northstar makes a Yellow and an Extra Light Yellow. Their Yellow is close to GA Warm Yellow, but I think Warm Yellow seems to get more purples. It's like a weak formulation of Amber Purple or something like that it seems.

Old 2009-04-27, 4:15pm

GA makes warm yellow, and they make solara which also strikes purple. it is a little more saturated than warm.

ns yellows are great for encasing other colors.
Old 2009-04-27, 10:51pm

Northstar Yellow is beautiful and wispy transparent, Winship has it right now, and it looks a lot like the Warm Yellow from GA in rod form:
http://www.winshipdesigns.com/home/w...79/yellow.html

I never heard of a Northstar Warm Yellow, but their Yellow is a 'warm' silvered yellow (NOT like a crayon) if that helps.

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2009-04-28, 1:19am

Thanks all. We did discuss the GA Warm Yellow, but he was sure what he wanted was a Northstar color. Maybe he said WY, but it really had a different name? Whatever it was, he said he couldn't find it anywhere anymore, so maybe it was an old color, maybe an oddlot.

Old 2009-04-30, 9:41am

ABR has sold all the odd lots as far as I know. I know Glasscraft has had some too! I don't remember an odd lot with that name either.

They have had a couple of funky (ABR) odd yellows on Ebay.

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2009-04-30, 11:22pm

Why don't you shoot Abe an email and ask him about it?
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-01, 3:50am

Duh! And why didn't I think of this? Can I blame it on a senior moment? Off to find Abe's email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaD View Post
Why don't you shoot Abe an email and ask him about it?
Paula

Old 2009-05-01, 9:02am

Did you find it?

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2009-05-01, 10:12am

I have an email into Abe right now to see if there actually was such a color

Old 2009-05-01, 3:22pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim V View Post
I have an email into Abe right now to see if there actually was such a color
i've got some ns yellow i'll give you for him to try, if you want. i'm in ri too.
Old 2009-05-01, 9:19pm

I jusdt wish I could tell a difference. Being color-blind shre does have its drawbacks.

Greg
Old 2009-05-05, 9:28pm

i could not get my GA warm yellow to strike worth beans. any tips?