Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-04-19, 9:00am

Default Garaging beads made with Raku frit

He everyone, what a crazy day around here in the Boston area.
I will be playing around with Raku frit for the first time, I know to anneal around 950 degrees. Do you put your beads in at a lower temp to garage and then ramp up to 950 or just put them in at 95.
Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

e-mail:
Old 2013-04-19, 9:08am
I fart diamonds

950 is the garage temp. I garage at 960, ramp to 970, hold for 30 mins and then ramp down but I use 96 COE. When I used 104, I garaged at 950 and ramped to 960. (Actually, I use 104 at work and still garage at 960 but my pieces are much larger than the average bead.)

Old 2013-04-19, 9:09am

Thanks Shawnette.
Bob

e-mail:
Old 2013-04-19, 8:45pm
Dynamic Duo

We garage at 975 and anneal at 940 - usually after the last bead has gone in and been sitting at 975 for at least 30 minutes.

Old 2013-04-20, 6:32am

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaming_fools View Post
We garage at 975 and anneal at 940 - usually after the last bead has gone in and been sitting at 975 for at least 30 minutes.
Thanks, I pulled my three little Raku beads out of the kiln this morning, they don't pop like other beads I've seen on this board board but I did get some nice colors. I think it's a good start.
Bob

e-mail: