Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2009-06-20, 12:35pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Exclamation Propane tank makes rattle noise??

I should have known better than to think I could just jump back on the torch today... sigh.

I haven't torched in months, so I haven't had my propane hooked up. We have 3 tanks. One is empty, one hooked to the bbq, and one DH just traded in last night.

I went out to get the full one... as soon as I picked it up and started to carry it to my studio area, I heard a rattling sound. WTH? I'm not sure what it is. I can't remember ever hearing any of the previous tanks make any kind of noise at all.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal? Is it dangerous? Should I just tell DH to take it back and swap it out? Help please. I'm skeered of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2009-06-20, 12:58pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I seem to recall hearing a rattle in mine before. Try shaking the empty one - does it rattle?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-06-20, 12:59pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
I seem to recall hearing a rattle in mine before. Try shaking the empty one - does it rattle?
Are you trying to blow me up?

If I'm not back in 2 minutes... call 911

off to shake the empty one.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2009-06-20, 1:01pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

lol

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2009-06-20, 1:03pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Ok... I didn't blow up.

The empty one has a tiny, little rattle... like a piece of sand inside?

I picked up the full one again and it sounds kinda like something floating in liquid?!?!

Old 2009-06-20, 1:10pm
honorary bead lady

OPD http://www.propane101.com/opdcylindervalves.htm
Old 2009-06-20, 1:18pm
Smile, it's contagious!

So, David... do you think it's just the float thingie that I'm hearing?

Old 2009-06-20, 2:16pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Ok... DH got home and checked it for me. Says everything is fine and normal. Hooked it up, lit the torch. No leaks and no BOOM!

Thank goodness. Kiln is heating up and hopefully I'll be making beads shortly.

Old 2009-06-20, 2:19pm
Hello?

Yeah don't go blow yourself up, we would have an empty void during the broadcasts then

Old 2009-06-20, 3:15pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Joe, it's so nice to know that you would have missed me during your broadcasts if I were to have blown up.

Old 2009-06-20, 4:36pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

<boom>

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2009-06-20, 4:37pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2009-06-20, 5:43pm
Smile, it's contagious!

meanie.

Old 2009-06-20, 6:30pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

bwahahahhaha

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2009-06-20, 6:35pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelly View Post
So, David... do you think it's just the float thingie that I'm hearing?
BOOM!
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

Rattle OK... Hiss/smell of propane not ok
Old 2009-06-20, 6:54pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Gelly, I'm like you. The only thing I hate about bead-making is the propane and I get nervous every time I have to change out a tank or get it filled. ~shudder~

Old 2009-06-20, 7:07pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
BOOM!
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

Rattle OK... Hiss/smell of propane not ok
Dittos....

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal