Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2005-08-28, 4:51pm
over the moon space cadet

Default Tinyhead help?????

I don't know if this is the right place for this question or not... hopefully if it's not a wonderful LE mod will point me in the right direction...

I cannot for the life of me get my tinyhead small enough to be accepted on LE. I don't know what in the world I can do! I'm at my wits end with this and cannot figure out how to shrink the resolution down enough to get it to the right size!
Can someone please help? I am on Windows XP with Adobe Photoshop 6.0.
Thanks so much!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

" We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled.
The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over
and let the beautiful stuff out. - Ray Bradbury
Old 2005-08-28, 5:10pm
Back from the Dark Side

All i can find is it has to be 80 x 80 pix or 19.5k. I don't use photoshop, so I can't help you with the resizing

~
~
~
Steal List - 48, 50, 60, 32, and 29 for now
Old 2005-08-28, 9:02pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengirl
I don't know if this is the right place for this question or not... hopefully if it's not a wonderful LE mod will point me in the right direction...

I cannot for the life of me get my tinyhead small enough to be accepted on LE. I don't know what in the world I can do! I'm at my wits end with this and cannot figure out how to shrink the resolution down enough to get it to the right size!
Can someone please help? I am on Windows XP with Adobe Photoshop 6.0.
Thanks so much!
First crop out all the crap you don't need, then go to "Image", "Image Size" and make sure that the "constrain proportions" box is checked. Make the resolution 72 (I use 75) and under "pixel dimensions" make the longest side of the image (height or width, whichever is greater) 80. Click OK. Go to "Filter", "Sharpen", "Unsharp Mask" and adjust the sharpness. Click ok. Go to "File", "Save for Web" and choose "jpeg", "high" and save it.

Old 2005-08-30, 3:57pm
over the moon space cadet

Thanks guys...
Shawnette - Thanks so much - I've tried it ..... to no avail. I think maybe my resolution on my camera is too high and I can't seem to get the picture under 35K. It doesn't matter how small I make the picture, it won't get lower! I'm so frustrated with it that I've just given up and I'm going to have to go find an avatar for myself somewhere else
Thanks so much for the reply, though - I appreciate that you took the time to try and help me!

" We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled.
The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over
and let the beautiful stuff out. - Ray Bradbury
Old 2005-08-30, 11:00pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengirl
Thanks guys...
Shawnette - Thanks so much - I've tried it ..... to no avail. I think maybe my resolution on my camera is too high and I can't seem to get the picture under 35K. It doesn't matter how small I make the picture, it won't get lower! I'm so frustrated with it that I've just given up and I'm going to have to go find an avatar for myself somewhere else
Thanks so much for the reply, though - I appreciate that you took the time to try and help me!
If you make the resolution 72 dpi and the pixel count 80, there's no way your image is over 35k (mathematically impossible), especially if you do the "save for web". You must be leaving out a step somewhere. Email me your pic and I'll shrink it for you: fascinicharms at gmail dot com.