Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2012-05-11, 11:46am
Beads Beads Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirima View Post
True about Lucio: he's the best teacher one could ever imagine! Humor, generosity, patience... as you said. And his skills are just incredible!

Thank you, Ofillia, for organizing everything for us!

I'm sorry for the wonky picture, but this is the only one I have showing Lucio's horse on a bead.

I got a question does anyone know what the table top torch is called or where I can get one I can’t find it in my notes I know I wrote it down some where ….???

Actions, even desperately stupid ones, have consequences

working on new blog
Old 2012-05-12, 3:29am

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sra-p96 View Post
I got a question does anyone know what the table top torch is called or where I can get one I can’t find it in my notes I know I wrote it down some where ….???
Hi Kim, that's just a Carlisle burner. Straight gas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-05-12, 3:38am

Thumbs up

[quote=sra-p96;3994549]A centar I made lol

A progression of my work in the Lucio workshop

WOW, Kim! That is really awesome! I bet you are very proud of yourself. Great documentation of your progression. Molto brava!

Old 2012-05-12, 7:34am
Beads Beads Glass

Thank you and before I forget Ofilia …THANK YOU so much for inviting me to play with you guys!!! Trip of a lifetime!!!.

working on new blog
Old 2012-05-13, 6:18am

Smile

Quote:
Thank you and before I forget Ofilia …THANK YOU so much for inviting me to play with you guys!!! Trip of a lifetime!!!.
OMG, Kim, my dear.... you were the epitomy of what one would wish everyone to accomplish on these trips to Murano.

You grew leaps and bounds in the five class days you were there, you relished in the out of studio distractions, and you had oodles of energy to get as much in as possible. You took independant direction and embrased it with all you . I was so happy you were in our mix. Brava, big hugs, my friend. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see what you do with all that aventurina ribbon you scored. Why do I feel you will have some lovely sparkly twisties emerging from the studio soon, if not already.

Old 2012-05-13, 8:53am
Beads Beads Glass

Ofilia you ROCK!!! You’re going to make me cry!!! I miss everyone so much!!!!! I can’t wait to go back!!!!

Oh the goldstone bling is already the new Favorite toy in my studio. I had to share it so I am doing a giveaway of this stuff here on LE in the sale rack. Here is a link
http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224147

lol oh ya and the photo lol

good luck you guys!!
Hay Wait!!! Before you hit the link has anyone who got the Calcedonite glass rods tried it at home yet I can’t seem to get my torch hot enough to make it do anything. I have a mini cc and all I am getting is black or smoky tan. Maybe I am trying to get it too hot?

The ring on the far right is the one that was a bright blue in Italy. When I annealed it at home the calcedonite took on that cool green color. Maybe I should work cold and try to kiln strike it??? what do you guys think???

Thanks again

working on new blog
Old 2012-07-31, 4:29pm
sunscreen me baby

Ofilia, Any chance you have a class planned for 2013?

~

Old 2012-08-15, 5:54pm

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
Ofilia, Any chance you have a class planned for 2013?
Hi Susan, Yes, Lucio and I are just finalizing dates for April of 2013! We can chat at Philly about it. April is a great time. This one will be a little later in April than this past trip was. This way hopefully the rainy weather will be "done" by then and we are stearing away from Easter season air fares. Little things like this help make it all better.

I'll be there for two weeks (just got that firmed up at work) and one week will be dedicated to visiting studios and shopping and scavaging in the glass graveyard. So this means there will be plenty of opportunity to drop money for some of the most spectactular buying trips (tools is always the favorite, but buying direct from artisan friends and factories, is just a-frickin'-awesome. The scavaging, be it for shells in Lido or glass factory discards help balance off the spending sprees . I'm excited!

Old 2012-08-15, 6:24pm
StudioMarcy

Can't wait to hear about the plans!

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2012-08-15, 6:50pm
Nikki Haverstock

Me too.

Old 2012-09-03, 9:08am
Beads Beads Glass

Talking

I finally got the time to just practice I know being busy is a good thing but I just want to play. I can’t remember who posted the faerie wing’s and listed the tool used on LE, I can’t find the post but I had one of the pliers in my tool box collecting dust and could not resist getting it out and making a faerie.
What do you think??

working on new blog
Old 2012-09-03, 9:08am
Beads Beads Glass

lol or most of one.....lol

working on new blog
Old 2012-09-03, 10:15pm
Born to Bead

Looks good Kim.
Old 2012-09-05, 8:08pm

Smile

Awesome, Kim!! That is really fantastic! Love the fairy wings..... So happy to see you continue to stretch yourself with figures.

Looking forward to next April, when I take another group to Lucio's......what can is say?...... How can I not ?!

Old 2012-11-08, 11:56am
Beads Beads Glass

Thanks!! Hope and Ofilia

I finally got time to just play and now I want to take the figure class…… anything going in 2014 or 2015?? I don’t think I can get it together to go any sooner life has been crazy! lol

Ya the mermaid is cold…..

working on new blog
Old 2012-11-09, 1:34am
I speak Murrini!

How absolutely dreamy...!!! Everything! I wanna go someday..

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-12-20, 8:05am

Smile

Hi Kim! Hey, those are just absolutely lovely! Maybe that mermaid is cold because she's swimming in the lagoon about now. Burrrr..... winters sure can be chilly there.

2014 and 2015 are still a bit far, but for sure I'll be going back in April of this year. I'll be getting a new thread going with the dates and details this week. I've been going through my photo archives, and have a lot of resizing to do to be able and post them here.

Would be great if you can join us! So far, we have five countries represented in our eclectic group. As always, I'll be there for an added week of exploring and of course.... more digging in the "glass cemetary".

Still have room for you too, DeAnne!

Ciao,

Ofilia

Quote:
Thanks!! Hope and Ofilia

I finally got time to just play and now I want to take the figure class…… anything going in 2014 or 2015?? I don’t think I can get it together to go any sooner life has been crazy! lol

Ya the mermaid is cold…..

Last edited by Ofilia; 2012-12-20 at 8:08am.
Old 2013-01-09, 1:25pm
susanLambert

I can't go for the class, but am lucky, (soooo lucky) to be able to travel to Italy in the fall. It's my dream trip. We are definitely going to Murano. So... does anyone have advice for me about where to look for tools or glass? Is it possible to shop bit for that? I would love to make the time in Murano the best glass time possible.
Susan

Old 2013-01-10, 11:56am

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanlambert View Post
I can't go for the class, but am lucky, (soooo lucky) to be able to travel to Italy in the fall. It's my dream trip. We are definitely going to Murano. So... does anyone have advice for me about where to look for tools or glass? Is it possible to shop bit for that? I would love to make the time in Murano the best glass time possible.
Susan
Hi Susan, check out the Carlo Dona thread here in LE. You will see Roberto's shop address. He's open Monday through Fridays and sometimes early morning on Saturdays. He only takes CASH, so do not bring plastic. It will be well worth your time to visit him. Just be prepared to spend to your heart's content. Great opportunity being there!

Old 2013-01-10, 6:22pm
susanLambert

Thank you Ofilia!

Old 2013-01-10, 7:06pm

If your starting a list put me on it for 2014 or 2015. I'd love so much to go this year but there is just no way, so I'm counting on future trips. ( I'll be saving my pennies)

Old 2013-01-11, 12:58am
Mad about Glass

Love the fairy and her wings. Can anyone tell me the name of the tool for the wings and where to buy it!

[url]

Old 2013-01-11, 2:06am
Beads Beads Glass

Ofilia I am in for a 2015 or 16 too!!! my sister and friend want to go too, they don't do hot glass, but maybe they will do a mosaic class.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekkie View Post
Love the fairy and her wings. Can anyone tell me the name of the tool for the wings and where to buy it!
Ekkie Thanks the wings are made with a pair or re-bar? pliers, they are heavy and mine do stick to the glass a little...I got them at a hardware store they have a criss cross on the inside in place of the lines that are in normal pliers,
someone on LE posted how she made wings on beads I think?? I can't remember the original poster.....

I will look for my notes... maybe I can find the original thread.......when I am awake...

working on new blog
Old 2013-01-12, 12:23am
Mad about Glass

Thanks. I thought they might be a special glass tool.

[url]

Old 2013-01-12, 7:24am

Were you thinking of this thread?

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...liers+necklace

Darrell
Old 2013-01-12, 11:14am
Beads Beads Glass

YES!!!! Thanks dwgrant

working on new blog
Old 2013-01-14, 10:45pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote: