No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2005-08-04, 2:26pm
Professional Bead Pimp

Default Even a Pro gets burned !!

I was trying to put a bead into the annealer, when I dropped it very close to the edge of my bench.

Instinct sent my hand down to the 'about to roll off onto the floor' bead and stop it.

This is the result, on the side of my palm. BTW, it doesn't hurt, just looks cool. You can see where the 4 dots hit my hand, and the odd diamond shaped burn is where my hand touched the base bead.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Another Analog Brain in the New Digital World" - me
"The fact that nobody understands you doesn't make you an artist" - PopCap Zuma game, Level 12-7
Old 2005-08-04, 3:07pm
Satake Woman!

Much better looking than my burn from today. All I got was a measley crescent shape.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2005-08-04, 7:55pm

You are now offically bead branded. Everyone now knows who owns you...The beads. lol

Hey you might start a trend

Cathy
Old 2005-08-04, 7:59pm
Is it May yet?

So did you rescue the bead, or is it a lost cause?

For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life
Old 2005-08-05, 3:09am
Professional Bead Pimp

Absodamnlutely I rescued the bead !! I was cooling it for the annealer, when I tried to switch hands with the mandrel, and that when I dropped it.

Maybe we ought to have a new channel on LE called 'Tatoos & Brands' LOL

"Another Analog Brain in the New Digital World" - me
"The fact that nobody understands you doesn't make you an artist" - PopCap Zuma game, Level 12-7