Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2012-03-13, 10:40pm
Bead Maker / Instructor

Smile Learn to Make Hollow Glass Beads! Brighton, UK (From May 2012)

Learn the art of hollow glass bead making!

Instructor: Tim James

Class duration: 9 hours (2, 4.5-hour sessions)

Course summary: Learning to make hollow core glass beads on the mandrel. Includes learning various shapes, bead decoration etc.

Maximum 5 people per lesson (Posted price is for a one-person private lesson. Group rates are available for two or more. Please visit our rates page for more details).

Added bonuses: Besides the obvious benefit of learning to make hollow beads for the sake of the beads themselves, you will also glean from this course a whole new way of working with glass. I can honestly say that the techniques used in course have literally become the standard by which I make each and every bead, hollow and non-hollow alike. Perfecting the use of gravity and spot-specific heat techniques will give you an incredible amount of control and open the door to endless shaping and designing possibilities.

Mastering the art of hollow bead making is WAY easier with the assistance of a patient instructor. Believe me, I learned the hard way; In 2005 I received a commission from Chanel to create more than 1,500 handmade hollow beads for their 2006 spring collection. Of course I took the job, but unbeknownst to them I had never made a hollow bead in my life! Learning this process under that kind of pressure, and all by my lonesome in my studio at the time in Florence, Italy, was torturous at best. My students, on the other hand, can have the learning curve dramatically decreased by working together side-by-side as we break down the learning process step-by-step.

Fun! Relaxed! Cool!