LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-01-05, 10:23am

Default Strange message on Etsy

Has anyone else recieved this message? I don't want to reply via email because I'm afraid they are just trying to get my email address. They don't state which "item" they are referring to.
The profile next to the buyers name does not exist. Here is the message:

Hello Seller,
How are you doing today?Am highly interested in your item..i want to know if the item is still available for sale,i want you to answer the question below:
1!Why are you selling the item? 2!Are the first owner of the item? 3!What is the condition of the item? 4!Do you accept a cashier check or money order as mode of payment? 5!Get back to me with the final asking price of the item......

(note) I will like to have your respond through your mail (Ben.kelly424@hotmail.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-01-05, 10:25am
Mr Brutus RIP

Thats the same type of crap I get when I list things on craigslist............SPAM! LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-01-05, 10:28am

I have gotten similar. I have an expensive stained glass lamp that I took down because people obviously target expensive items. I either don't respond or tell them I only deal through Etsy and Paypal

Old 2011-01-05, 10:29am
...displaced ocean lover

Also, bad English...

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Now featuring SOCK MONKEY AND SEA TURTLE beads!

....and now with Hot Steeeeenking Peppers!!!

...and Muggle Made Sorting Hats
Old 2011-01-05, 10:29am

Got two of them this morning. Thanks for posting. I was going to and figured it was a bogus thing. I mean...gee why are you selling it? Ummm okay, What's the final price, ummm it says so. Oy

You Have a Message From bendkul on Etsy

** Do NOT reply directly to this email.**

------------------
SUBJECT: Red hot Valentine Beads (Set of 9) SRA, listing #65297703

Hello Seller,
How are you doing today?Am highly interested in your item..i want to know if the item is still available for sale,i want you to answer the question below:
1!Why are you selling the item? 2!Are the first owner of the item? 3!What is the condition of the item? 4!Do you accept a cashier check or money order as mode of payment? 5!Get back to me with the final asking price of the item......

(note) I will like to have your respond through your mail (Ben.kelly424@hotmail.com

Kindly get back to me as soon as possible so the payment will be issued asap..

Regards...

Message sent on January 05, 2011
---------------------

Old 2011-01-05, 10:31am

Why are you selling the item? LOL!

Old 2011-01-05, 10:41am
Experimentalist

"Am highly interested in your item"

Then buy it.

"i want to know if the item is still available for sale"

No, I thought I'd keep the listing up just for sh*ts and giggles.

"Get back to me with the final asking price of the item"

That would be the price listing in the f***ing listing.

Old 2011-01-05, 10:59am
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

1. I am selling the item to support my 15000 relatives who have moved into my small basement closet. We desperately need new architectural ideas due to this fact and the sale of these beads will almost begin to defray the cost of this delusion.

2. No, I am the CREATOR of this item - hopefully YOU will be the first owner.

3. The item's condition right now can only be described as languishing...due to its unending embarassment at still being unsold and unloved.

4. I accept only gold bullion and pick of the litter for payment.

5. Normally, the final asking price for this item would be $10.50, but - for you, as you seem to be of superior intellectual dishevellment, the price will be $1050.00!!!

(note) I will like to have your gold bullion or pick of the litter deposited to my paypal.

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!

Last edited by j2canoe; 2011-01-05 at 11:24am.
Old 2011-01-05, 11:26am

Haaa ha haha ha ha!

Old 2011-01-05, 11:52am
Unmedicated since '62

money washing - they send you a cheque for too much, you send the item with a refund, cheque bounces, you wear the fees, they get the item anyway, blah blah blah - variation of Nigerian scheme, you'll find that they will be in some obscure African country

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-01-05, 12:01pm
...displaced ocean lover

You're a riot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2canoe View Post
1. I am selling the item to support my 15000 relatives who have moved into my small basement closet. We desperately need new architectural ideas due to this fact and the sale of these beads will almost begin to defray the cost of this delusion.

3. The item's condition right now can only be described as languishing...due to its unending embarassment at still being unsold and unloved.

5. Normally, the final asking price for this item would be $10.50, but - for you, as you seem to be of superior intellectual dishevellment, the price will be $1050.00!!!

(note) I will like to have your gold bullion or pick of the litter deposited to my paypal.

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2011-01-05, 12:06pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

I got this one on Nov. 1st.

Shimmering Peachy Pink and Gold Holiday Handmade Glass Lampwork Beads by Vivian SRA, listing #60514713

by bendercool profile shop contact
PLEASE REPLY ME BACK TO THIS PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESS
bendercool0446@gmail.com

Below is an inquiry about your listing.

Am interested in immediate purchase of your item,but before i
proceed on this transaction i will like to ask some question as follow. i can only raise money order for the payment of your item so i will like to know if the itm is still available and also if is in good condition?Please your answer on this, will enable me to issue your payment to you asap

1. Do you accept a Money order and as a mode of payment

2.What is the firm price of the item?

3. Will you let our shipping company to come to your house for the pick up of the item

4. do get back to me with your full name and address to mail the payment out to you over there asap.

5. i will like you to email me to my personal email address which is :bendercool0446@gmail.com

PLEASE REPLY ME BACK TO THIS PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESS
bendercool0446@gmail.com
1 November 2010 3:36pm EDT

Vivian

-

Old 2011-01-05, 12:30pm
...displaced ocean lover

Well pooh....I feel kinda left out.
Guess my etsy site isn't very attractive to scam artists.

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2011-01-05, 12:39pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

This was the one that really got me. I guess they don't even look at the item before sending this stuff out. They're going to send their shipping company to pick up a set of beads.

3. Will you let our shipping company to come to your house for the pick up of the item

Vivian

-

Old 2011-01-05, 12:46pm

LOL Sure! If you will let your shipping company bring me CASH!

LynieG
Old 2011-01-05, 12:52pm
Formerly FishBulb

Quote:

ROFLMAO!!

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2011-01-05, 3:30pm

Quote:

ROFLMAO!

Old 2011-01-06, 1:47am

One thing that stood out to me was they were inquiring about a private listing. Of all the things they could have chosen in my shop, they were "interested" in someone else's order! ???

Old 2011-01-06, 7:43am

I got the same one.Reprted to Etsy .I'm sure it's spam
Naomi
ETSY:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/NAOMISH?sec...ws_desc&page=1
Ebay:
http://shop.ebay.com/naomi-sh/m.html...from=&_ipg=200
Old 2011-01-06, 7:49am
Katherine

I cannot stop laughing at all your funny replies and comments.

Old 2011-01-06, 8:01am
Formerly Kellyhorton

I am getting inundated with hotmail spam/phishing!

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.