Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2011-04-07, 1:55pm

He is telling the truth. I have seen his first goblet. It does hold water!!!

tweeky, Ron is the absolute best when it comes to helping out and answering questions. What you see is what you get with him and his better half Rocio.
Old 2011-04-11, 6:38am

a few reds.....

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-04-11, 8:53am

The last add-on with two pages of reds was just sent out.
Enjoy!
Ron
Old 2011-04-11, 9:50am
Curmudgeon Engineering

Without reading thru the 5 pages of posts let me ask this;
Is the tutorial a download with followup marble and orniment in the mail OR a pay by PayPal and get a DVD/CD in the mail?
PJH
Old 2011-04-11, 12:23pm

Quick answer....
The buy button is paypal run... so paypal or credit card works.
You get a PDF file emailed back to you that you can save on your computer and print out. The marbles have been running three weeks or so.... but I got a lot of work done this weekend and will be up to date this week.
Thanks,
Ron
Old 2011-04-11, 2:30pm
Curmudgeon Engineering

thanks.
Old 2011-04-12, 7:18am
Out walking the dog

Just ordered one, can't wait!! It' finally warm enough here to open the studio again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-04-13, 9:05pm
Oh my!

Ron, I am having a few problems. Should I ask here or would you rather I pm you?
Old 2011-04-14, 4:27am

I have some pics! (Mine are all soft glass).

First, what I was making before the tutorial:

Immediately after the tutorial:

And a daffodil that still needs work, but is recognisably a daffodil! This is a great tutorial and I have all manner of things to try from it.

My gorgeous marble from Ron arrived at the weekend. It's huge! The last pic is just to show the difference in scale... His is about 3.5cm in diameter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-04-14, 5:33am

Hi Tweekey....
Its up to you.... I'll pm you my 800 number too.
Thanks,
Ron
Old 2011-04-14, 5:46am

Kalorlo - Heather,
Thanks for posting and your implosions look great!
The marbles I send out for the tutorials are 1 3/8 - 1 5/8 or so. Which is the size I like to make. I go 1 3/4 to 2" on the collector side, but not as often.
Thanks and keep in touch!
Ron
Old 2011-04-14, 10:34am

cant wait for my marble!

i love how much this tutorial has helped me

i just wish i had all the colors you use lol

any chance you could do a couple all GA or Northstar color sets?

Old 2011-04-15, 5:38pm
Oh my!

Ron, I am going to post here just in case someone else is having the same issue I am having. I seem to be getting an air bubble just under the center of the flower. It is sort of between the flower stamens and the first row of petals. Does that make sense? I am wondering if maybe I need to 'flatten' it a bit more. Ok, I am not sure that even made sense to me. I will see if I can post a pic if it would help. And just as a side note, are you teaching any classes this summer?
Old 2011-04-16, 8:46am

Yes, flatten the bottom some more. If the bottom point of the flower is indented too far into the marble, AND the punti is too big to fit inside that hole, it will grab the edge of the hole and trap air inside, even though you pull it closed. Switch to a small, fine flame and heat around the bottom point of the flower and press it back on the marver to flatten it out more. Using this small focused flame, will help you to "only" heat the very bottom... which will prevent the 3D design inside from squishing. Also at this step, you should hold the glass level with the table with the bottom pointed toward the torch. This will help close the back, without folding more clear over. Please let me know if you need more information or tips.
Thanks!
Ron
Old 2011-04-16, 11:32pm
Oh my!

Wow, thanks Ron. I will give it a try in the morning.
Old 2011-04-17, 5:56am
Never give up

Do you have any idea when your going to do the soft glass flower tutorial?? I need some help in the soft glass area.
Old 2011-04-17, 3:40pm

Kim ... I've tried this in soft glass and it works well. Exactly the same principles and techniques just a lot more challenging on the heat control front (mine cracked)!

I can see where I've been going wrong now (in boro) - I didn't close the back.

Give it a go Kim!

Sadie

Old 2011-04-17, 5:37pm
Never give up

Thanks I have done a few before. I just can't get them to look near as good as yours.
Here are some I have photo's of. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks
Old 2011-04-17, 10:10pm
Oh my!

Kim, those are beautiful!! I mean really beautiful. I like your color combinations and your top loops (or whatever they are called) are amazing.
Old 2011-04-18, 6:15am
Never give up

Thanks I actually like make the loops. I just want to see more layers and the stem. I know Iam really close to making really nice pendant, but something is just missing. Not sure what Iam missing but something. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Old 2011-04-18, 7:59am

Hi Kim!
There are a few ways to do the pendants. I would play with size first, like the orange and white flower in the bottom right. Keep the clear disk big and don't place your line pattern too far out towars the edges. Keeping the flower design in close with keep the flower more 3D and more detail.
Pendants..... There is a 3/4 view implosion that you should do. It will change your life as far as sales go. I'll PM you a graphic in a bit.
Ron
Old 2011-04-18, 8:38am
Oh my!

Ron, is there any chance that you will be offering classes in either this or the Christmas ornaments? I need to plan early (and I am looking for a good excuse to get to Florida this summer). I love the tutorials, but let's face it, nothing beats face to face hands on help.
Old 2011-04-18, 8:50am

There will be three classes in Florida on marbles and one flower / Fish sculpture class. The summer schedule is not set yet, but PM me with ideas.
The plan now is to run a marble class in my studio on a Saturday followed by a sculpture class on Sunday. People could take one or both days. Then we are planning on a Marble class at Kathy Truba's Glass Studio in Deland, Florida this summer as well.
Thanks,
Ron
Old 2011-04-18, 10:50am
Never give up

Just received your pm. You are so sweet. I still think I need to buy the soft glass one ,maybe the boro tutorial. I am not sure, wish I was rich I would get both. For now that should help me alot. Thanks for the information, cant wait until my arm heals so I can get working on my torch again.God I miss it. God bless you and thanks for all the help.
Old 2011-04-18, 10:52am
Never give up

P.S. I haven't sold very many things I have made, I am really attached to them. Since I hurt my arm and neck and haven't worked for a couple of weeks I might have to sell some of them. How much would you all think I should charge. They aren't perfect, but they aren't bad either.
Old 2011-04-18, 11:23am

Kim,
I am sending you a PM about pricing. That is kind of a "Hot Topic" which could change the direction of this thread.
Ron
Old 2011-04-18, 3:41pm
Oh my!

Ron let me check my calendar and I will get back to you. It would be better for me to have the classes back to back since I would be traveling from California. Could you tell me more about the flower / fish sculptor class? And thank you so much for your earlier help, no more bubble in the middle!!!

Last edited by tweeky clothespin; 2011-04-18 at 10:52pm.
Old 2011-04-18, 4:01pm
Damn Yankee!

Ordered mine...too excited cant wait to try it!

Samantha

Old 2011-04-18, 10:59pm
Oh my!

Samantha, it is a great tutorial. You will love it. The very best thing that you get is the wonderful help from Ron.
Old 2011-04-19, 7:41am
Never give up

Can't wait to see what you all do with your new found information. Right now I can't torch. I hurt my arm, so Iam off the torch. Please show me, it will help pass the time. Thanks.