LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Old 2005-06-05, 11:14pm
Administrator

Default Other Beads

Don't remember who posted these.. sorry

A fun combination is to make a black core bead cover in silver burnish then make white dots...encase half in ink blue and the other in green transparent...melt in...swirl between the dots to make a swirly pattern....melt in or not depending on your mood....encase...gorgeous beads! I have a necklace and bracelet that I made when I first started using these swirly beads and still have lampworkers asking me how they are made. One of my favorites!!

Make base bead in the ink blue. Then dot it with rubino and melt in. Roll in silver foil or leaf. Heat and burn off silver. Add a few flakes of reduction frit - I like copper ruby or silver blue then swirl with a little bit of silvered ivory stringer. Melt flat and encase.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-06-06, 4:28am
Piscean Fire Goddess

to get a nice grapey purple..

base bead of periwinkle
encased with transparent ink blue
encased with clear

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- SJS Glasswork & Creations
Exploring a philosophical fantasy world.
Old 2005-06-09, 4:40pm
Fire Diva

Default Re: Other Beads

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorriDawn
Don't remember who posted these.. sorry

A fun combination is to make a black core bead cover in silver burnish then make white dots...encase half in ink blue and the other in green transparent...melt in...swirl between the dots to make a swirly pattern....melt in or not depending on your mood....encase...gorgeous beads! I have a necklace and bracelet that I made when I first started using these swirly beads and still have lampworkers asking me how they are made. One of my favorites!!
This was me...let me go hunt down a picture

Old 2005-06-17, 8:38am
Crazy Horse Girl

Yes Girls I love to see photos pretty pretty please Thank You Gina

Old 2005-07-07, 11:27am

Anyone have pics of these beads? I tried both of these yesterday and couldn't get either to come out and not sure what I'm doing wrong .

Thanks!

Old 2005-07-07, 5:28pm

Pictures please??????
Old 2005-07-07, 5:34pm
looking for work

I think i have sort of the first one, Just that it was a colbalt base though...
OK ignore the dotty bead in the middle...
these are colbalt base, silver, burn it off, add ivory dots, put on trans green over one side of the dot and I think I used colbalt on the other side..melted in, twisted in places, then incased.

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time.
James Thurber