Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-02-23, 10:02pm
Corgi Cult Member

Kristy, that looks like it has some interesting possibilities! Was the second one reduced?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-02-24, 8:05am
Uh-oh means it's too late

OMG soooooo LUCKY!!!! I also love the cog look!!! Kristi- from someone who has made a lot of silver glass murrini I would think that if you are only reducing it is the reason you are not getting the rainbow color effect but the MOP. If it was meant to be struck then reduced you may achieve a similar effect to Ekho. I would play around with just striking, striking then reducing then encasing, and then just reducing then encasing and so on. it looks great from here but I keep looking at the paler lines and wondering if they were meant to be struck???? As for the clear core it could be aether at the core or even a great silver glass like aion or Olympia Rain???? who knows with the genius of DH!!!!! :GRIN: Keep the pics coming and I am with you Hayley I reallly hope they keep making it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
Oooo, how cool is THAT!?! From a hard-core murrini maker, you guys are lucky And, of course, I'm green with jealousy! Just kiddin' - but still, that's pretty neat! Love the "toothy-cog" look!

Thanks for showing!

De

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-02-24, 9:58am

Hello!
Kathy - both picts are of the same bead, I just tried to angle it to try to capture the MOP look - so to answer your question, I did reduce it then put a clear dot over the top. I didn't want to melt it in all the way because I was afraid to lose the little bit of color that I did get!!

Sun Door Beads - Thank You so much for the suggestions - I will give that a whirl tonight and let you know how it goes I never thought to strike then reduce too!! Hmmm - you got the wheels spinnin' in my head!!!

Thanks again
Kristy
Old 2010-02-24, 2:38pm
Uh-oh means it's too late

You are so welcome Kristy- That is what I love about the latest glasses from DH they have so many possibilities and my thought was these patterned canes would be no different. I can't wait to see more pictures of what you come up with!!!!

Old 2010-02-25, 12:08am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Lutman View Post
For those of you that ordered when Clio came out, you may actually have received a sample and not realized it. It was a piece about 3" long in a little 2"x3" baggie. It was loose at the bottom of the box, separate from the rods, and I almost didn't see it.

So, if you have your packaging still, go check it out!
I've checked my packaging 3 times and still don't have any!