Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2012-01-13, 3:34am

Default Dark Ivory Shortage??

Is there any truth behind the rumors of a major shortage of dark ivory? If so, it doesn't make any sense. Its like a gas station running out of regular.

Mike, do you have any input on this?

thanks

Duane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-01-13, 7:24am
Breaks Things

We've had some trouble getting it from our supplier. Kind of hit or miss, they now call us when it comes in (not often enough I should add.)

Old 2012-01-13, 10:00am
"Sinners have soul too"

It is true... I tried to get some from Mike last week for a class this weekend. They wouldn't give me any.

Old 2012-01-13, 10:06am

Default It is Friday at Frantz

Quote:
Is there any truth behind the rumors of a major shortage of dark ivory? If so, it doesn't make any sense. Its like a gas station running out of regular.

Mike, do you have any input on this?

thanks

Duane
Dear Duane, before we ran out of Dark Ivory, we had over 3,000 pounds, But big sales took our inventory from tons to a few pounds. I do have some DarkIvory coming in February and then more coming about a month later.

Sometimes you just run out of color, but when we restock, we do it by the ton, not by the pound, we want to be your Effetre, Messy and Vetrofond supplier, plus so much more, and at great prices.

Mike

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2012-01-13, 12:19pm

Thanks Mike! I've been on a Hades and Opal yellow kick lately so my dk Ivory has been ok. Inquiring have wanted to know though.

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2012-01-16, 9:29am
SCIENCE Teacher!

Following this thread with baited breath..
Old 2012-01-17, 1:38pm

It is odd what sparks the high demand for a color. With the cost of glass as low as it is, it is common for bead artists to call and order 10 lbs of Dark Ivory per order. With that in mind, when demand runs, hundreds of lbs can go quick (days). Our next Efftetre shipment is on the way, but it will be a few weeks on the water before we see it.
Ron

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-01-17, 1:39pm

Oh.....
ON the good side, Effetre made a special new Purple Pastel, just for us and it is in this shipment as well................
Old 2012-01-18, 7:27am
Formerly FishBulb

New purple! You will post pics, right?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2012-01-18, 8:13am
Disconnected

Are you also getting some 290?

Old 2012-01-28, 2:51pm

Default Dark Ivory from Effetre

We have a shipment from Effetre with 660 pounds of Dark Ivory 591276 arriving the first week of February, and then a week to pass though customers and be delivered to us.

Do expect a sale on Dark Ivory when our shipment arrives. And another shipment is soon to leave Effetre with 2,000 more pounds of Dark Ivory amongst the 25,000 pound glass shipoment.

New colors on both shipments!

Mike Frantz

The Torch Website:

Old 2012-01-28, 2:52pm

Default Dark Ivory from Effetre

We have a shipment from Effetre with 660 pounds of Dark Ivory 591276 arriving the first week of February, and then a week to pass though customers and be delivered to us.

Do expect a sale on Dark Ivory when our shipment arrives. And another shipment is soon to leave Effetre with 2,000 more pounds of Dark Ivory amongst the 25,000 pound glass shipment.

New colors on both shipments!

Mike Frantz

The Torch Website:

Old 2015-06-23, 3:18pm

Bumping this old post back up because I was talking to Mike Frantz today about Vetrofond light and dark Ivory glass.I was under the impression that the dark has been impossible to find and I have a bunch of it.He inquired from someone there and they told him it was not the dark Vetro that people wanted that it was the light instead.I don't have any light nor think I ever tried it..so ppl..which one were people looking for? Thanks..
"

Old 2015-06-23, 3:44pm
Lampworkaholic!

The Vetro light ivory was coveted but there were some awesome batches of Vetro dark ivory too

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2015-06-24, 7:19am

Thank you Elizabeth..so..neither are available in Vetrofond now..is that right?
"

Old 2015-06-24, 8:00am
I like to melt things

Quote:
Thank you Elizabeth..so..neither are available in Vetrofond now..is that right?
Sadly, nothing is available in Vetrofond. Unless you can buy from someone who bought when it was still in production and has stashed it away, or from the stock remaining at the vendors who carried it. There are not going to be any more new batches of Vetrofond glass for lampworkers, from what I understand, and have not been for some time.

-
-
Old 2015-06-24, 8:24am

Thanks Melanie..I knew Vetrofond was not going to be in production and I did stash a lot of the dark ivory.I am considering selling some but not decided yet.I am not sure if there is enough interest as I heard people favored the light ivory and I don't have that.
"