Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-10-30, 5:23pm

Default Pink Glasses Tutorial ?

Hi everyone! on Halloween Eve! I recently saw a tut on Pink Glasses for sale. I didn't make a note of who wrote it and now I can't find it. Anybody know anything about it? Thanks ... a BeauTiful evening to alll .... Susan R in SC
Old 2010-10-30, 5:41pm
Jacqueline Parkes

There are two, one by Kandice Seeber and the other by Sarah Hornik.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-10-31, 5:16am

Thank you! It's the Sarah Hornik tut... groovey day to you!
Old 2010-11-03, 2:38am
Resident hippie

Think Pink really is a fabulous tutorial - I'd recommend any of hers though.

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2010-11-04, 6:07pm

I highly recommend Think Pink also. I liked Sarah Hornik's tutorial on goldstone very much too. The color combination one is OK, but many of the colors she recommended are no longer available. I think it needs to be updated.
Old 2010-11-04, 11:44pm
Cat Winx

Okay.. it's definitely been a long week.. I read through half this thread before I realized we weren't talking about a tutorial on how to make Pink Sunglasses (and was wondering how in the world I'd missed one of Kandice's tutorials AND why anyone would make a tutorial on such a subject!
D'oh!
(and here I thought I was a bright girl! )

~Rachel

Old 2010-11-05, 5:53am
Resident hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandice View Post
Oh, wow. Ingetraud, that's actually not true. My Glass Color Families: Pinks tutorial actually talks about pink shades that are still readily available. There's only one I detail that is hard to find these days, and that one is in the "rare" category. I cover 18 different pinks in the tutorial. I don't mean to sound defensive, but I really felt the need to...well, defend the tutorial.

I've also done a lot of color talk on my blog, which does cover newer colors, and that's free for everyone.

I also have Sarah's Think Pink, and it's wonderful. It only covers Rubino Oro, but it's really detailed. She and I have completely different views on color and totally different techniques in our tutorials.
It's OK Kandice - Ingetraud was talking about Sarah's Favourite Colour Combination Tutorial when she mentioned that some of the glasses in the tut were hard to find.

Old 2010-11-05, 5:53am
Resident hippie

Rachel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB23 View Post
Okay.. it's definitely been a long week.. I read through half this thread before I realized we weren't talking about a tutorial on how to make Pink Sunglasses (and was wondering how in the world I'd missed one of Kandice's tutorials AND why anyone would make a tutorial on such a subject!
D'oh!
(and here I thought I was a bright girl! )

~Rachel

Old 2010-11-06, 9:16am
MaximumAwesomeIdeaCount!

Ha Kandice! You crack me up!

Actually I have Kandice's tut on pinks and I love it. I have read through it many times and picked up something new each time!

--Joy

Use LEFRIEND as a 15% off coupon in my Etsy!