Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-03-10, 11:19pm
Corgi Cult Member

Lana, hope your hand heals quickly!

Hi everyone!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-03-11, 6:40am
Covered in glitter

Lana I hope it's going to be OK! Get thee to a doctor for some silvadene cream! It'll help with the healing.

Kathy when are you coming to OT? I miss you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-03-11, 10:34am
Type ZZZ personality

Ouchie Lana!! Hope it heals quick. Maybe some Fyodor kisses would help!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2009-03-11, 12:49pm
Covered in glitter

Janien just want to make sure you didn't put the beads in the mailbox yet. I was looking for them and hope that the mailman didn't think he got a present. LOL He's not THAT good! I'll check again tomorrow.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-03-11, 4:47pm

She BETTER have not sent them before taking pics... I want to see the beauty-mark bear!

Old 2009-03-11, 5:30pm
Covered in glitter

LOL I completely forgot about her.

Old 2009-03-11, 8:46pm

Sorry it's taking so long, had a full dayMonday doing fractures and components, pulled orange rod in 96 on Tues. and today we've been tryin to get ready for the show this weekend, Janien is going to post them as soon as I'm done, so I'll get off of here so she can do her thang.....we'll drop yours off tomorrow Deb, as we're heading back to the shop to finish getting stuff together for the show....D

Old 2009-03-12, 7:34am
Covered in glitter

No problem at all! I just want to be sure the mail man doesn't have them. LOL Don't worry about when they get here. Sounds like you're having a busy but good week!

Old 2009-03-12, 8:18am

This is a group shot of the beads minus the fishies because there wasn't enough room so they got a special shot all on there own

This next shot I believe are all Deb's...I think!~ If they are not all your Deb let me know because we are dropping yours off to you today.

Next are Cassies, we think....if these are not all yours please let me know ASAP.

And here are the much anticipated Fishies~ They are very cool but VERY hard to photograph...took about 10 tries to get a halfway decent photo of it.

Someone please tell me who's beads these are so that I can put them together with the right stash. Thanks

It is going to be nailpolish on the mandrels for the next OT....it is too hard to keep track of them all.
have a great day and we will see you all next month for OT...not sure of the date yet...when is easter? Can people do OT that weekend or no?
Hugs for a great day~
Janien

Old 2009-03-12, 10:23am

How cool! Everyone made some awesome beads! Jeff was just admiring the fish, of course, cuz he's aquarium boy... everything else he didn't see because they weren't fish.

The first bead in the picture with my stash isn't mine... at least I don't recognize it. The pair of green beads in the last picture are mine... believe it or not I DID use the skinny mandrel! I used lime green on the ends of all but one bead (one of the white/pink ones) but it looks like some may have broken off, probably because they were so thin.

I can do whatever weekend... I work the 18th but only til noon so I'd be able to make it, anyway. You guys pretty much never have to worry about what works for me... I'm usually pretty much good to go on the weekends!

Old 2009-03-12, 10:31am
Covered in glitter

I can do anything but April 18. I don't celebrate Easter so that Saturday would work fine for me.

Old 2009-03-12, 10:40am

I love Fishes - who made the fishes ? Is it you Patty?

and I love the purple bear - who's is it?

That looks like a lot of beads you guys made they are so cool - the ones with bumps are very cute.

and I think I can recognize all the Deb's beads - she has a special style! - Deb you may disagree and it's OK with me ...

OK about the hand .... don't laugh The burn was really bad, I googled the info and it sounded like a second degree burn. It hurt awfull and I couldn't keep my hand out of a water bowl and once the water got a bit warmer, I needed to change it to a cooler one. The whole palm was red like a ripe tomato.

I am posting this only because we are dealing with fire here and who knows, it might help someone.

Here is what I did.

First, I opened fresh aloe plant leaves and put them on a burn.
It was hurting a lot, so I couldn't do it for too long, maybe 5-10 min or so.

Then I neede to cool it - I wish I did that first! So I deeped my whole hand in a cold water - not freezing cold, but cool cold.
It really releaved the pain. I probably had it in the for about 20-30 min.

When I took it out of the water, it was starting to hurt in about 5-10 min.

I put fresh kefir in a plate ( I guess you can do yougurt) cold and put my hand on it. It was really helpful. we used to use it n russia for sevier sunburns - it was a lifesaver.
Kefir has live cultures in it which helps to retore skin balance, the same goes for yougurt, only kefir has a lot more.

Next, I went to water again .... ohhh and i had some ranger balm - which is supposed to be for burns and cuts and heals without wounds. So I put some on. All would be good but the burning was so bad, I just couldn't stand it.

So I was keeping it in cool water a lot, changing jars.

I went on the internet to see if there might be some good remedies and found 2 articles about using our mind and our own energy to heal our body.

So, I decided to try it .

I put my other hand over burned hand and concentrated, sending healing energy and basicaly asking the whole universe to come and help my hand to heal. I was imagining how energy of light - very powerfull poures over my hand and heals everything it touches.
I must've went into some kind of a deep meditative state becasue i remeber only half of what was going on - you may say half asleep.

I woke up and in about 15 min the burning calmed down to the point where I could handle it. I put a clean gauze pad, wraped it with bandana and went to sleep.

I remember I woke up in the middle of the night and the hand wasn't hurting - it kind of surprised me and I went back to sleep.

In the morning, I opened up my wrap and all I had a few reddish spots, no blisters, nothing - one would think it happened weeks ago!
the hand didn't hurt at all, I could touch everything with it.

I think it's pretty amazing ! I had burns before and some lasted weeks and up to a month.

Today is the 3rd day and you can barely see it.

Now, I don't know scientifically which one or maybe a combination of all those things helped. But in my heart I feel that i really believe in a power of our mind and ability to heal our bodies - if only we really work on it.

- I made this!

- - My Gallery

-MyStore
Old 2009-03-12, 11:03am

And Thank you all very much for healing thoughts - I believe they work like nothing else in the world.

- I made this!

- - My Gallery

-MyStore
Old 2009-03-12, 11:12am
Covered in glitter

I think you did heal it Lana. My friend Marilyn did healing touch and when she was in her 'groove' if she was holding her hands a few inches above you and 'pulling' away the bad, you could really feel a tingling. She worked on my back from time to time and even though I could never see what she was doing, I always knew what area she was working on.
Mari's sister has hands like that too only even more so. She gave me a back massage one time and the energy I felt coming from her hands was one of the most amazing things I've ever felt. What a gift she has!
I'm glad your hand is better. It makes my hand hurt just to think about that kind of burn!

Old 2009-03-12, 12:34pm
Covered in glitter

OMG I made some butt ugly beads. LOL I knew the mojo wasn't there but I didn't think it was going to be THAT bad. I hate it when the beads look better in a quick picture than they do in person. And gak! what happened to that first lentil I made?! Guess I should've left off the silver glass. All I get is baby poop with it.

Old 2009-03-19, 9:45pm

Deb, went to the studio today, and picked up your beads, they turned out great! I'll get them to you on Saturday........Patty, your fishies are going in the mail tomorrow.......what no Cassie? come on girl, show us the goods from the new digs!
Lana, glad your hand is better! Had a great time with the gals at Bead Club, was the token testosterone in the room.....20 plus people this meeting! I really lack in my stringing skills.....I'll stick to makin beads.....Hope everyone's doing well.....cannot wait till we can all hook up and torch again......D

Old 2009-03-20, 6:53am
Covered in glitter

Thanks Darby! I'm excited to see some of them. After the schlock I made at OT, they have to be better. LOL It was a great torching day and went by amazingly fast. It was the good company.
Looking forward to the next OT whenever it is. See you Saturday.

Old 2009-03-20, 10:04am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARBEADS View Post
what no Cassie? come on girl, show us the goods from the new digs!
What... who? I can't hear you... speak louder... the static is drowning you out... oh wait, we're not talkin on the phone. lol!

I've only made a few small beads and one big one. Still don't have a good fan so I try to not offend my respiratory system by torching very much. I wanted to make sure I didn't owe a fortune to the IRS before I got a fan and now that I know that my taxes won't cost an arm+leg I'm in the middle of *not* getting answers from a company about the fans they sell. I guess it really IS that hard to answer simple questions in an email so I've got to call.

So that means I've just been hoarding instead. I fell in love with Luna2 and Elphaba unique (dark rods) so I went for it. Prolly shoulda spent that money on the fan but oh well! It was hard to pass up the Elphaba since it's pretty much impossible to find, being a unique n all!

Old 2009-03-22, 5:18pm

Friday's group is meeting on Wendsday this week, see you then!

Old 2009-03-30, 9:06pm

How is everybody surviving the snow ?

we have a pretty big load out here in NW. It's like in the midle of winter, like it's never melted. Feodor is super happy - he loves snow and jumping through the big hoops, chasing the ball through the snow is his favorite.

I love when he is happy like that makes me laugh a lot.

It all starting to melt pretty fast now ...

- I made this!

- - My Gallery

-MyStore
Old 2009-03-31, 10:33am

Snow here.....Snow gone!!! we live across from the park, so it's great to see people walking their dogs and playing in the snow! We're doing well, we miss you, were hoping you were going to make it out with Deb, hopefully next time!!! Deb, did you like the beads you made? there were a couple I was unsure if they were yours or Cassie's but I think I got them seperated right.....Cassie will let me know if I didn't...LOL...see everyone soon, I'm off to get a few in the oven!!!

Old 2009-03-31, 11:08am

Lana, I'm glad the snow makes someone out there happy... if I had a dog that loved it that much it might make me smile, too! My cats couldn't give a rat's behind for the snow. They're too busy making a kitteh pile-up on the couch when it's that cold outside to care... lol!

That's right, I'll let you know about the beads. I do think there were a few there that looked a lot like ones Deb would have made but I do think they're mine... like some of those floral beads... it seemed like she was making some of those but really, that was me. LOL!! Of course, I'm kidding... they were too fab to be something I made!

Before I forget to torture you guys over an OT date... please let me know when the next one is when you guys get a chance. I've got someone who would like to come out and at least visit if not actually try torching! She's never done it before but is really fascinated!

Old 2009-03-31, 12:25pm
Type ZZZ personality

I wanna know when the next OT is!
My schedule gets pretty full, so the sooner the better for me.
On the weekends anyway. Any chance it'll be a Friday sometime?

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2009-03-31, 2:35pm
Covered in glitter

I was going to whine about coming out to torch tomorrow but I can't anyway. LOL You all luck out. I have to do a power point presentation for Don and it has to be done Thursday. Of course, I don't have most of the information yet. It'll be interesting.

I loved the beads. I don't know why I don't do more of those florals cause I love them. There's one little bead--really pretty, swirley colors--that isn't mine. Too bad, too. I love it.

Old 2009-03-31, 6:15pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio View Post
I wanna know when the next OT is!
My schedule gets pretty full, so the sooner the better for me.
On the weekends anyway. Any chance it'll be a Friday sometime?

Me Too!!!!!
It's crazy around here as of late.
My brother is getting married in two months and the fiance's daughter was supposed to let them have the wedding at her house... well, she's not anymore, so I've been hectic trying to get them a place to have something, etc.... plus, as always, my herniated discs are HURTING like a beyotch!
And I've been feeling low, without my glass friends to make me smile and laugh at a constant pace... nobody to shoot hot glass at me from across the table.... nobody to tell me to hush when I'm singing.. blah blah blah.
If I don't get behind a torch soon, I'm going to have a bitch fit.

So... when is the next OT????

lol

Jo
Old 2009-03-31, 6:55pm
Covered in glitter

Jo we need to talk about your discs. I promise I'll shoot hot glass at you if you you show up.

Old 2009-04-01, 8:03pm

The next OT date:
Who can do April 1oth...Good Friday? or is
Saturday April 11th better?
Please chime in so that we can set the date.
We look forward to seeing the regulars and hopefully some of you Indiana folks can make it out...we would love to meet you!
All the BEST
Janien and Darby

Old 2009-04-02, 7:46am
Covered in glitter

I can do either. Saturday would work a little better but not enough to make a huge difference to me. I'll be there for either!

Old 2009-04-02, 10:12am

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
I can do either. Saturday would work a little better but not enough to make a huge difference to me. I'll be there for either!
What Deb said!

Old 2009-04-02, 9:44pm

Well, alrighty then...
Date: Saturday April 11th
Time: 1:00pm
OT Donation for Oxy and power: $15.00
Munchies to share always welcome....but hey, let's make it a healthy OT.
I will have a big yummy super delicious salad filled with all kinds of goodies that it won't even seem healthy but will be! We'll also have a bunch of drink choices and Lana I will have a coffee maker there to make hot water for Tea...you bring the tea, because i dont know what kind you like.
We can also do a garage sale if you all want...so bring stuff to sell if you got it!
Ok, theres the details!

I REALLY HOPE WE GET A BIG TURN OUT...IT WOULD BE FUN TO SEE SOME NEW FACES THERE TOO....SO COME ON INDIANA PEEPS...SW MICHIGAN PEEPS TOO!

if you need directions just drop us a PM.
See ya next Saturday,
Janien and Darby