Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-11-09, 12:27pm
I'm a lilac!

I am as well... diagnosed ADHD in 1990. It's mellowed out quite a lot as I've aged though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-11-09, 2:31pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

I would bet many artists are ADD, ADHD or bipolar. I think it is what makes us creative. LOL

Nagi, I don't sleep much. I have narcolepsy, but that doesn't mean I sleep a lot. If I do fall asleep and get woken up I cannot go back to sleep because of the way I sleep. Narcoleptics go from awake to REM sleep in 60 seconds.

I work this crazy job computer job (50-70hrs/week), just finished up as a campaign worker during the election and have two boys. I luckily have a good DH who is OK with me doing my non-stop activities. I never watch TV or sit quietly. If I do, I fall asleep. So constant activity is my thing.

Old 2008-11-09, 2:34pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
Deb,
Here's my advice to you (as one professional bead hoarder to another).

Try this...
Make "sets" of ten random beads. No special order. No special colors.
Just pick ten beads you like.

Take a picture of them.

List them on Etsy as a "Random set".

That should get your feet wet and start you on your way.
You won't have to worry about all the details or anything else.
I have bags of orphan bead strands (104 glass) that I did not take pictures of. I never like how they look so I just put them back into the drawer. I just gave a friend a box as big as the one I took a picture of to take to a girl scout camp.

Old 2008-11-09, 2:54pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I'm ADD diagnosed since high school - AND I'm formerly in the computer industry.
I think that there's certainly a correlation there.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-11-09, 3:47pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
Deb,
Make "sets" of ten random beads. No special order. No special colors.

List them on Etsy as a "Random set".
Unless I plan to make earring pairs or just fall in love with a "set," I prefer to buy them that way. Bonus if there are some coordinating colors in there. With boro, I am more interested in pretty color than matching.

Old 2008-11-09, 5:27pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

I didn't mean for this to turn into my gallery thread. Perhaps it is my confession thread. LOL I cleaned out my beads that I made this week, so I took pics. (That is a big deal for me) Again, I have serious ADD...

These are new boro "sets"for this week. I like the black background..thanks Brent!

Then a bunch of 96 glass sets..

And now, I will go check myself into the local OCD ward. LOL

Old 2008-11-10, 9:33am
yukue fumei

WOWIE!!!
gorgeous!

That has got to be tough to wake up and not be able to go back to sleep--even if your body is tired...I hope it is quality sleep

I think I have ADD as well. I get flooded with random thoughts and it is hard to stay focused on one thing for long...

nagi

Old 2008-11-10, 10:24am

Very niiiice!

Old 2008-11-10, 3:09pm

I love your round beads.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-11-11, 12:15pm

Very beautiful beads. I am sure you would have no trouble selling all of em.
Old 2008-11-16, 8:40pm

agreed - i think 8 to 10 beads makes a great set
Old 2008-11-16, 9:41pm

awesome beads. What colors did you use on the orange ones? Theyre my favorite
Old 2008-11-16, 10:22pm

sell sell sell! Beautiful beads there - and nothing horribly wrong with the photography either!

Of course it's always harder to do the selling than the making! Well for me it is!

I definitely have some "issues" ... that's why I flit from project to project - work in multiple mediums ... and am constantly creating. For instance tonight - I made 2 pendants (floral implosions - learning how to do this), one angel (just a test - learning how to do this), 2 spacers in a new boro color combo, one focal in a new boro color, one focal in a boro color I know a bit (all boro is fairly new) - now I have the kiln ramping down to 950 for soda lime which I'm about to start. In the mean time I've made 8 silver bails (for my fused glass) - still have to drill the holes in 5 of them but decided to check the computer first .... lol ...

Ok off to finish drilling and onto some beads again!