Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-05-17, 11:05am

Default Best boro prices

Hi,

I just got my new torch, Red Max, and I need to order some boro rod and maybe some tube to play with. Lots of places have it and I'm overwhelmed with the options.

Where do you all buy from? I've been considering some of the color sampler packs just to play with some color as well as some common size clear in the 8/10/12/15mm range. I'd like to play with some tube also and was considering 25x4 to try some pendants and ornaments.

I'd rather not spend the money on full case quantities just yet since this order is just get get some practice and see what sizes are good for what. Any thoughts on what would be best?
Old 2008-05-17, 11:24am
Macaw Mamma

I buy my clear from Mike (Auralens)

He has sampler packs of Clear rods:

http://www.auralens.net/ag_sampleclearrod.cfm

And Clear Tubes:

http://www.auralens.net/ag_samplecleartube.cfm

He also sells any quantity of each on his site, I just love the samplers because I never know what I might do!

I buy color from whoever has it on the best sale, my faves are:

http://www.vaporglass.com/servlet/StoreFront

http://www.mountainglassarts.com/

http://www.generationsglass.com/

Torchin' with a Cheetah and a Bobcat on tanked O2
Fusin' in a Jen-Ken
Old 2008-05-17, 12:34pm
Don't be a zombie...

Generations glass offers free shipping on orders over $250. This will help alot if you are ordering clear rod, tube, color and anything else all at once. Cases of clear can have alot of shipping charges. I order alot from them they are cool people. Generally everyone has about the same prices if theres not a sale.
Old 2008-05-17, 1:25pm

Where are you? That makes a difference on shipping..
Old 2008-05-17, 2:55pm
ManBearPig

www.abrimagery.com
www.mountainglassarts.com

Those are the two I buy from.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-05-17, 3:17pm
Enabler

Mountain Glass Arts ROCKS!!

Old 2008-05-17, 3:19pm

Thanks for the responses. I'm in Michigan and got my torch pretty quick from ABR so I'll have to check them out.
Old 2008-05-17, 3:31pm

Another vote for www.mountainglassarts.com
I live in Illinois and if I order on Monday, I get mine by Wed.

Old 2008-05-17, 5:42pm

I've gone through a number of the sites mentioned and I don't really notice any big price differences really. My orders have been about $350 or so just for clear AND I also want some color!!

It would be VERY easy to spend $1000 getting glass and still not get everything I want.

Oh yeah, I still need to get the oxygen thing figured out yet as well. I may have to put in a smaller glass order so I have enough $$ left over to get my oxygen sorted. 100 pounds of glass is worthless if I can't run the torch to melt it.
Old 2008-05-17, 5:57pm
Madmanmarbles

Generations has a code for 10% off for LE Members..

[color="Red"] Chettah
Old 2008-05-17, 7:57pm

I looked quickly and maybe I overlooked it but whats the code?
Old 2008-05-17, 8:07pm

I live out west and get most of my glass from either Winship Designs http://www.winshipdesigns.com/ or ABR Imagery http://www.dichroicimagery.com/ .

I have had great service and great pricing. Both are one stop shops. They carry a full line of tools, torches, and every line of boro color. I actually shop with them because they offer the full pallet of boro colors.

"Sometimes you see the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" Robert Hunter

Old 2008-05-17, 8:18pm
Madmanmarbles

http://generationsglass.com/BoardMembers.html

here is a link for the discount..

[color="Red"] Chettah
Old 2008-05-17, 10:39pm

If you do the boro club buy in from Ross at ABR imagery you get a discount of 30% off all boro. Pick up the northstar/GA/Momka/Trautman full rod sample packs, test them out and order poundages on what you love the most. Gotta pick up full pounds of momka purple thunder, tequila sunrise, DAP in rod and frit, Trautman's penumbra, reds and yellow, borostick blush, cotton candy, & eggplant. Grab a pound of white stick color while your at it.

http://www.dichroicimagery.com/produ...oducts_id=8699

~ Starleen

Old 2008-05-18, 9:15am

I think Vapor glass should be listed here. I love Mountain Glass as well and Generations Glass for free shipping over $250 plus the discount.

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.
Old 2008-05-18, 9:24am

Don't you have to pay 100$ to get the 30% off from ABR?

Look for sales.

I have a bunch of tubing I want to get rid of but not sure how I would do shipping if I put it in the garage sale

Old 2008-05-18, 9:47am
Temptress

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowesky View Post
I have a bunch of tubing I want to get rid of but not sure how I would do shipping if I put it in the garage sale
I've got the same problem Brandie. Would love to hear if you figure it out. Pick up only is not a good option here as there doesn't seem to be anyone around me that uses it.
Old 2008-05-18, 10:34am

Generations Glass is having a 25% off sale through today on boro color and clear. If you put in the LE Code (GDBD) you get an addtional 10% off.

I've ordered form them before and always had great service.

Amy
Old 2008-05-18, 12:16pm

Call Sandy at Glass Alchemy I got a great deal from her along with some freebies!
Old 2008-05-18, 2:03pm
Pyromaniac

I just ordered 300 dollars worth of boro from Generations Glass because of this thread!

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-05-18, 4:46pm

ABR has frequent sales. Get on their mailing list.
Old 2008-05-20, 12:46am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkgoglass View Post
I just ordered 300 dollars worth of boro from Generations Glass because of this thread!
I placed my first boro order from Generations Glass on Sunday evening too. I'm paying for two 125cf O2 tanks Wednesday and then I'm giving the credit card a rest. Hopefully I'll have everything here by Friday so I can play with it over the long weekend.

I can't wait to see what the NorthStar Double Amber Purple does.
Old 2008-05-20, 1:45am

I buy all of my boro or 99% of it from Ron Jr. I guess people don't know he sells and stocks boro because it isn't on his website but I get great prices and excellent customer service from Ron. He's been really good to me as far as helping with the transition to boro as well and I've never been disappointed with his shipping, recommendations for colors or anything else. I order by sending him a PM here. I have ordered a couple of things from ABR but I get my boro and silver glass in 104 from Ron. He sells regular moretti too and PMC supplies so he's a one stop shop for me.

Old 2008-05-20, 2:49am

mountain glass!
vapor glass is the best deal you can get on color, period. he ships quick as hell too. mountain glass is the best deal for everything else.
generations is great too but if u just wanna get some cases of clear call mountain glass.
Old 2008-05-26, 11:21am

I buy a lot of color from tecnolux www.tecnoboro.com sometimes its better to call it in rather than on web, ask for any discounts they are offering, they also have a good amount of odds.
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2008-05-27, 6:09am

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebirder View Post
http://generationsglass.com/BoardMembers.html

here is a link for the discount..
Dang!! I thought he took that away! It used to be
Boardmember...
Thanks for the link!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-06-02, 11:09am
product of the universe

If your anywhere near Vermont i have a large supply of Schott boro artistic and always try to hook people up when they need it.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-06-02, 12:07pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

If you need clear or tubing, I'm hosting a bulk buy right now. It's a great time to get what you need at case prices. I've also added some colored rods this time. (hey, I have to toot my own horn don't cha think???)
Old 2008-06-02, 4:18pm

Chayes, I placed my first every boro order and I got a bunch of the Schott boro artistic and I'm very happy with it. It's without a doubt, the very finest clear boro I've ever used. Seriously, I'm VERY happy with it and I appreciate your offer.

Elegance_1, I may be interested in some of the smaller tube to help me practice pulling points to make ornaments and stuff. I'm also amazed at the boro colors, they're absolutely wonderful so I may be in touch. When is the deadline for the bulk buy to commit/pay and all that?
Old 2008-06-05, 6:51pm

Howie,
Is this you? http://www.youtube.com/user/Hypnopotamust.

Man I hope the fingers are healing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live only 25 minutes drive time from Generations glass so I get the rare opportunity to buy in person. Kristian is a great guy to deal with.

BTW, Love the videos and keep up the good work.