Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-05-31, 9:46am
She better not sell these

If this helps:

I am doing five loops and a double weave, on a 11mm dowel and pulling down to about 4.5 mm. I am using 24 guage wire. I am using the dowel and pull plate from Sharilyn, it is perfect!

I get a nice heavy cable that still bends, but is not lacy. I am using mine like Madeline is using hers, for cored big hole beads. The beads sit beautifully on the chains!!

If you are having problems getting your weave off your dowel or pencil, don't pull straight off. Twist it off. Go in one direction, not back and forth. Because the weave has a direction, one direction works better than the other, so if one direction doesn't work, try the other direction. (clear as mud?) I also have learned to pull it up my dowel every so often so I don't have too much weave on the dowel at the same time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#T53
"I love making lampwork beads, one at a time, with a Cricket or Minnnow burner on 5LPM oxycons".

Last edited by twiggyinaz; 2009-06-03 at 8:02pm.
Old 2009-05-31, 2:43pm

I've just learned to start the weave a little looser then work 'off-dowel'!

Oh and Im doing six loops cause I'm using an allan key as a starter so it sorta works.

Old 2009-09-08, 2:15am

Works like a charm!!!

'

Old 2009-09-08, 4:22am

thats cool, would love to see what it looks like finished!!

Last edited by MadelineBunyan; 2009-09-08 at 4:23am. Reason: cant spell!
Old 2009-09-08, 3:53pm

There are a great many really nice bracelets here and also good tips and advise.
I guess the only thing I could add is I always have my caps first and draw my chain down to bit properly. Or remember you can use a pencil, or chop stick, something to
add a bit of size to the ends also.

Do check out our mandrels for making your own caps.
All info on the web site if you haven't seen them already.
Jeannie

HOME OF THE MULTI USE MANDRELS
Viking Knit Bead Caps, Pandora, BHB, ???
Check the web site for more information
Old 2009-09-15, 1:16am

I bought the Irene book, I am really smart

Old 2009-09-15, 2:13am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelgreen View Post
I bought the Irene book, I am really smart
Really? I didn't know I had a book

Old 2009-09-15, 2:16am

Quote:
Originally Posted by J W Kama View Post
There are a great many really nice bracelets here and also good tips and advise.
I guess the only thing I could add is I always have my caps first and draw my chain down to bit properly. Or remember you can use a pencil, or chop stick, something to
add a bit of size to the ends also.

Do check out our mandrels for making your own caps.
All info on the web site if you haven't seen them already.
Jeannie
Thanks Jeannie. I'm still having problems finishing the chain and how to bring up all the loops together and then put the finishing wire on it. I've made my own caps by the coiling method but haven't tried making end caps yet. I bought some but again, it's figuring out how to tie it off or whatever and then slip it through. I need to look at the tutorial bought to see how she did it but mostly, she makes her own coils.
I'll share when I actually finish one!!