Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Old 2008-09-01, 11:14am

Default Oxycon USER REVIEWS Wanted

LE oxycon users are needed to submit reviews. The results of all reviews are immediately and automatically posted to a database which is viewable to all who wish to see them.

Submit your review

Read the reviews

The vast number of threads about oxycons tend to get off topic more than not and the information many are seeking seems to get lost among it all. I have seen many requests and wishes for one place to read only reviews by end-users of oxycons to help them make an informed decision for such a large purchase. In an effort to give back to the LE community, I have created a website with a form for oxycon users to submit their personal review. The results are viewable by anyone at anytime.

I ask and invite all oxycon users to help out your fellow LE members by submitting your review.

I wish to thank Pam Dugger for submitting the first oxycon user review. Thanks Pam!

I also wish to add that I have no affiliation to, nor do I promote, any oxycon manufacturer, distributor or vendor. I don't have a so called "dog in the fight". I, like many others out there, just want to buy an oxycon and would like to read reviews before laying out $$$$.

I hope that many oxycon users will participate and that potential oxycon users will find the reviews helpful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
From chaos of the mind...comes creativity.
Theresa (Tee) McConatha ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-01, 11:21am
In search of her path....

Great idea! I think this could be very helpful for peeps!

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2008-09-01, 11:29am

Quote:
Originally Posted by IF-Designs View Post
Great idea! I think this could be very helpful for peeps!
Thanks but I can't take credit for the idea. I agree, but there will be (read: are) those that disagree strongly.

Old 2008-09-01, 12:15pm

Theresa, there is never going to be an issue that everyone agrees on. I think what you are doing is great and it is one step to clarifying the oxycon selection problem. Thank you again for doing this.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2008-09-01, 12:20pm

Yep, I know. You're very welcome!

Old 2008-09-01, 12:32pm

Theresa -

This is a wonderful source for people looking at buying an oxy con. Thanks for taking the time to do this!!!

I just did the survey, but realized afterward that maybe I should have noted that I use 2 m-15's for my cheetah. I was concerned that a newbie might think one m-15 would be great for boro on a cheetah and I didn't want to be misleading. Sorry about that.

Old 2008-09-01, 12:38pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbless View Post
Theresa -

This is a wonderful source for people looking at buying an oxy con. Thanks for taking the time to do this!!!

I just did the survey, but realized afterward that maybe I should have noted that I use 2 m-15's for my cheetah. I was concerned that a newbie might think one m-15 would be great for boro on a cheetah and I didn't want to be misleading. Sorry about that.
Hi Susan! You're welcome and thanks for participating! I guess I should add the question about the number of oxycons used as part of the form.

Tee

Old 2008-09-01, 12:58pm

Great idea! I have 2 concentrators (different models) and reviewed them both.
Old 2008-09-01, 1:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyDinBC View Post
Great idea! I have 2 concentrators (different models) and reviewed them both.

Thanks Kathy!

Old 2008-09-01, 1:06pm
Smooches!

Tee - I just filled out a review on mine. I checked "other" for Warranty only because I can't remember what the warranty is. If you want me to find out & let you know so the database is up to date, let me know!

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2008-09-01, 1:14pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Kate View Post
Tee - I just filled out a review on mine. I checked "other" for Warranty only because I can't remember what the warranty is. If you want me to find out & let you know so the database is up to date, let me know!
Thanks! If you PM me when you get a chance to get the warranty info, I will update your review.

Tee

Old 2008-09-01, 2:10pm

Okay, now I'm curious. I thought the Unlimited Oxygen concentrators were used machines that were refurbished. Am I wrong about that, or is it new because it has been refurbished?

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2008-09-01, 3:35pm

Good question!

Old 2008-09-01, 4:11pm

I used 'used' for refurbished. I didn't buy my concentrators from other beadmakers, but since they were retired medical equipment, I considered them used.
Old 2008-09-01, 4:37pm

In my opinion, "New" means that the unit was never used in any way by any other person except for testing by the factory. If a unit was used by another person for medical or any other use, then refurbished and re-sold by anyone, I still consider that a "used" unit.

Old 2008-09-01, 6:36pm
doyenne of the homebodies

Theresa, this is a great thing you're doing. You might want to mention it in the family room or bathroom too, since they are higher traffic areas.

Andrea
Old 2008-09-01, 6:52pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreajane View Post
Theresa, this is a great thing you're doing. You might want to mention it in the family room or bathroom too, since they are higher traffic areas.

Andrea
Thanks Andrea. I'll do that.

Old 2008-09-01, 7:26pm
Smooches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnana View Post
Thanks! If you PM me when you get a chance to get the warranty info, I will update your review.

Tee
Will do!

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2008-09-01, 8:04pm

Great idea!

I put down 'new' for my M15... refurbished with a new warranty I thought should be new. I bought my Integra 10 'used', it came with no warranty at all.

If we call refurbished 'new' then how do you differentiate warranty and non-warranteed 2nd party/3rd party units??

For what it's worth, my $700 UO M15 is close to the power of my $1400 Sequal Integra 10 (I did not pay $1400, but it's in new condition and never used by previous owner), and less noisy, for a bobcat or lynx. 2 M15's has to be more oxy than 1 Integra 10 (same as Regalia) unless they are not working correctly.

For a larger torch, I'll have to see if the output is still similar, since I intend to use each to power inner and outer for a phantom, so I'll be drawing more. When working with soft glass, I turn the Integra down between 2-4 lpm anyway... or the glass and mandrel gloops to my table top in 10 secs or less.

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2008-09-02, 4:43am

Theresa, can you add a choice - new, used and refurbished - if you think it's necessary?

My Blog
Old 2008-09-02, 7:08am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
Theresa, can you add a choice - new, used and refurbished - if you think it's necessary?
Done!

Old 2008-09-02, 7:22am

You are a miracle worker!

My Blog
Old 2008-09-02, 7:25am

LOL

Old 2008-09-02, 7:36am

Thanks to everyone who's participated and submitted reviews so far. Please spread the word to help us get more reviews.

Old 2008-09-03, 12:59pm

Just wanted to say again ....Thank you, and Great Job!!
Sherena

Old 2008-09-19, 9:59pm
Fancy Mammal

Thank you *so* much for doing this. It is so very helpful, I've been thinking about changing for the better part of a year, but always got stuck / sidetracked in the threads!
Shelby
Old 2008-09-19, 10:13pm

It's really good to hear that it's been helpful. That makes it worth the effort!