Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2012-03-14, 12:06pm

here are a few I have done over the last day or two. You can't tell but the clear one in front is actually dichro.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-03-14, 1:34pm
Evil Glass Enabler

Looking great, Autumn! Angelique

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledragonfly View Post
here are a few I have done over the last day or two. You can't tell but the clear one in front is actually dichro.

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2012-03-14, 1:41pm

Thanks Angel

Old 2012-05-01, 3:10pm

Bump up! Surely, there are some new ideas~~~~~ I love this thread!

More, please?!?

Barbara
Old 2012-05-01, 4:55pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Love this thread. Yes, please keep 'em coming.
I haven't come up with anything worth contributing (not for want of trying!), but would love to see more

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107
Old 2012-05-12, 9:13pm

The combo I use most will have Michelangelo/Sasha sliver. I do it with just CIM black or intense black. Before pull I reduce and put a thin strip of clear around the whole thing without letting direct flame hit my blob. Then I pull straight or twist. Also the mandrel I got somewhere has flat discs on the bottom and that has helped me a lot with building cane. I hope she still makes them. If anyone is curious just let me.

Old 2012-05-13, 2:38pm
Isellstuff&alsothings

Rachel, do you have a bead with this combo on it? I'm not sure I understand what this looks like. You reduce the blob and then encase before pulling. And the reduction shows up when it's pulled so thin?

I use Michelangelo a lot too, never checked to see if it held the reduction under encasement! Have you bought any recently? The newest batch seemed to not reduce the same as my older batches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
The combo I use most will have Michelangelo/Sasha sliver. I do it with just CIM black or intense black. Before pull I reduce and put a thin strip of clear around the whole thing without letting direct flame hit my blob. Then I pull straight or twist. Also the mandrel I got somewhere has flat discs on the bottom and that has helped me a lot with building cane. I hope she still makes them. If anyone is curious just let me.

Old 2012-05-14, 9:29am
da General

For all of you twisty lovers, we just started a new exchange - Reactive Twisty and Murrini - if you are interested!

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=223905

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-05-24, 11:31am

i've got what may be a stupid question here.
these twistie canes.....is there a market for them?
seems to me i love to make them, but can't really find too many applications to use them in my marbles/paperweights.
Old 2012-05-24, 12:24pm
what's a senior moment ?

I do think there's a market for them. I know of one person that posts here that sells them and that's about it. I'd say go for it and post on LE when you're ready to sell. Good Luck !

Old 2012-06-15, 6:23pm
Don't worry, bead happy!

I didn't see if anyone mentioned it yet, but make two two-color twisties and turn each in opposite directions when you pull them. Lay them side by side on a bead and you get a chevron pattern. Learned that from Kim Adams class.
Old 2012-07-04, 7:10am
Glass-aholic

That's cool bretta !

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2012-07-04, 10:36am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretta View Post
I didn't see if anyone mentioned it yet, but make two two-color twisties and turn each in opposite directions when you pull them. Lay them side by side on a bead and you get a chevron pattern. Learned that from Kim Adams class.
Way cool idea Bretta! I do this with wire but never thought about it in glass! COOL!

LynieG
Old 2012-07-06, 6:30pm
tanglebeads

Great thread - looking forward to more recipes and photos - when I do some this weekend I will have to remember to take photos.

Cheers Tania - tanglebeads

Old 2012-07-06, 6:35pm
tanglebeads

Here are a few twisties I made after I bought the Sarah Hornik tutorial - I loved the spreading effects. Sorry for the huge photos - still working that out

And here are some of the beads I made with them

Cheers Tania - tanglebeads

Old 2012-07-24, 1:40am

Quote:
Originally Posted by istandalone24/7 View Post
i've got what may be a stupid question here.
these twistie canes.....is there a market for them?
seems to me i love to make them, but can't really find too many applications to use them in my marbles/paperweights.
They make awesome flower petals for implosion type marbles. I make boro twisties combining diffrent colors and writing down each recipe.

Heres one for an awesome lavendar flower petal: use a core rod of NS transparent violet(not sure of the NS number) then go around it with stripes of Iris, Star White and Wisteria(TAG color) I use full rod so it makes more but it can be difficult as the twistie gets longer.I usually get three stripes of each color when using full rod around the violet core rod so it should be >Star White ,Iris , Wisteria repeat till core color is covered. I am stringer pull challenged is the main reason I use full rods. You'll need to find a way to melt all colors together before twisting, when I add the clear punty I just melt it and kinda push it together while rotating without twisting, then let cool a bit and begin heating then twisting. The flower petals for this will look slightly translucent which makes them look fragile. Unfortunately sometimes there are air bubbles which I think is caused mainly by the violet core color. Some like air bubbles in thier marbles(I've been told the air bubbles on the flower petals look like water droplets). Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Old 2012-07-24, 5:52am

nice i'll try that. i have no northstar (and not much boro until the brown santa arrives today with a new torch and oxycon, can't wait) glass but i'll try it with soft glass and see if i can get something close.
Old 2012-07-24, 11:40pm
Lover of Life

I want the brown santa to come to MY house... I've been good!

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2012-07-25, 5:39am

no matter. i may be returning all of what i ordered anyway. i may be quitting my job and having just spent about $1000 on torch/oxy/glass/etc that grand could be put to better use.
i'll still have a mega minor and one oxycon, but i've been toying with the idea of returning all of it.
if i do that, i'll lose $200 on shipping, but the money will be there if i need it. fml.
Old 2012-07-25, 7:51am
Glass-aholic

This is no fun without a recipe!
Very very pretty! Just no fun! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdesigns View Post
Here are a few twisties I made after I bought the Sarah Hornik tutorial - I loved the spreading effects. Sorry for the huge photos - still working that out

And here are some of the beads I made with them

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2012-08-11, 8:45pm
No Longer an LE Member

Jet designs, what glass are those made with ? Very colorful is it gaffer glass?

Last edited by fyregallerie; 2012-08-11 at 8:46pm. Reason: sp
Old 2012-08-12, 4:01am

very nice colors!

well of course i ended up keeping my new torch and toys. i just could not pack it back up to return.
oh well
Old 2012-08-12, 3:30pm

Post Interest in a intermediate tutorial on complex twisties?

Are there people interested in a intermediate tutorial for several kinds of complex twisties (other than the tutorial of Mary Lockwood), with the exact theory explained of the many options (what do you do to get a particulair result) and several methods of use?
Attached Images

Old 2012-08-12, 10:14pm

you mean other than the one sra-p96 did.....the cane cookbook?

Old 2012-08-13, 3:06am

Yes, a compact version, for a smaller price (+/-25 euro)... Just wnat to know if it is interesting enough for me to write one... Less theory, more practical tips and several different complex canes.... Interesting?
Old 2012-08-13, 10:16am
Queen Tut ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyregallerie View Post
Jet designs, what glass are those made with ? Very colorful is it gaffer glass?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaci View Post
This is no fun without a recipe!
Very very pretty! Just no fun! Lol
These are made with combinations from Sarah Hornik's Think Pink tutorial, which is why there probably aren't recipes listed. Really great use of that tutorial, which is my favorite lampworking tutorial, ever. As you can see, it's not just about pink

Old 2012-08-13, 10:51am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadorsplace View Post
Yes, a compact version, for a smaller price (+/-25 euro)... Just wnat to know if it is interesting enough for me to write one... Less theory, more practical tips and several different complex canes.... Interesting?
I think there are many books out there on twisties already. There's at least 4 of that I know of plus the actual printed books with them in as well. Corina has a section in her passing the flame book that's pretty extensive. There's also a thread on LE that has color combos for twisties.
I think yours would have to go beyond the "basic twisty" combo and go something that hasn't been done yet

Old 2012-08-13, 11:40am

Cool Think Pink Tutorial...?

Well, my twisties are certainly not from the Think Pink Tutorial, as I don't have one... Are there many twisties in there then?
My twisties are original and I use CIM, Effetre en Reichenbach.
Will post some pictures extra later on...
Old 2012-08-14, 7:38am

I don't think anyone was implying your twisties were from the think pink tutorial. She was stating that twisties posted by Jet Designs were made from the think pink tutorial.

Old 2012-08-14, 10:15am

Thanks for pointing it out, but that's also not what I meant to say... I just wanted to say that mine ore not from there... Greetings, Janneke Peters.