Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-12-29, 6:30pm

Default I have new DH colors!! Now what??

the rods sure look alot different than the pix I've been seeing in showcases. I only have one rod of each and don't want to waste them.

So... Do I use them for service decoration only? Or do I make a whole bead from them? Or something different?

Can I roll in silver foil? Frit? I read something about kiln striking. Does that mean put the rod in the kiln for a period of time before I make beads with them?

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I really don't want to mess up too much. I've waited a long time to get more expensive glass than the usual 104's.

I have Gaia, Nyx, Electra 2, Luna, and Terranova.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2007-12-29, 6:57pm

Default I can't help you but...........

wanted to say THANK YOU for showing me how to do encased flowers! I made some today and they turned out well enough for me to make a set and sell! I will have to take some pics once I get them out of the kiln. I think previously I was trying to do too much - creasing the petals and doing more than one color etc....

I just ordered Gaia and Nyx myself. I also ordered CIM Hades, I think I saw someone say the DH colors really pop on Hades.

Vicki
Old 2007-12-29, 7:42pm
Sheryll

Donna,
I would recommend surface decorations, stringers, and instead of making a whole bead with it, use a base color and encase it w/ DH - more bang for the buck. Go check out the two silver-color exchanges and the 2nd post in the 2nd large bead exchange thread - it has tips for silver glass. Plus there's lots of tips and pics if you like what you see...
Old 2007-12-29, 8:16pm

I got some Hades too! I want to see pix Vicki.
Thanks Raven for the where-to on silver. Going now to research.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2007-12-31, 8:04am

I like to stripe some on over base colors for a streaky look. Also, if you use it on larger pressed beads, the more you work it the more color you can get.
These have luna striped over the black half and there's some odd kronos over some of the blue halves.