Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-02-13, 12:30pm

Default DH odd lot help!

I purchased these odd lots in Louisville and have just gotten around to using them! I wrote down whether they were reducing or striking but I must have gotten it wrong since I can not get anything at all!
The lots are. RH-446
TH-473
BE-458
Help!!!
Thanks Debi
Old 2012-02-13, 12:42pm

TH-473 opaque blue-green luster/striker
http://www.doublehelixglassworks.com/th-473.aspx

BE-458 dark purple luster
http://www.doublehelixglassworks.com/be-458.aspx

RH-446 - silvered ruby striker/ kiln
http://www.doublehelixglassworks.com/rh-446.aspx
Old 2012-02-13, 12:57pm

Adam I have seen and looked at the pictures a few hundred times and I still have no luck getting that reaction. It might just be that those are not colors for me. They may be in the garage sale next week!
Old 2012-02-14, 9:19am

The only one I played with so far is the RH-446, I got some nice colors from it

its a striker so treat it like the other strikers, shape the bead hot and let it cool, then strike it at the tip of the flame.
I got the best results unencased but I have not explored it further than some test beads.

I have made one or two test beads with TH-473 but I didn't do anything more than that.
I will do some testing tonight
Old 2012-02-14, 9:50am
Fried Cat

I have one of the pale purple luster bundles... Nothing. It too may go in the garage sale.
Old 2012-02-14, 10:40am
da General

Debi, work the ruby striker like any striking glass. It's easier on a bigger bead so the shaping on a marver helps the cooling. The green opaque luster is a beautiful shiny green ... Think Silver Rattan type effect. Use it as a base or as raised stringer decoration. Purple tinted luster is best reduced and encased. Hope this helps!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Old 2012-02-14, 11:02am
Storm Queen

I really like these glass colors because they react with ivory. My only complaint was that the purple went brown on some of my beads and I had to toss them. These have the green and a tan DH in them (it's the blue-green. The brighter olive is ASK):

These have the purple and tan:

Old 2012-02-14, 1:11pm

Thank you everyone for your help. I will try these again later this week. I also emailed DH and Jed sent me some great tips! The customer service from Jed and Julie is fantastic!
Debi