LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Old 2011-01-11, 5:01pm
Otter

Default How to apply Feather Murrini

I spent the other day with Cynthia putting together a two part youtube tutorial on how to apply feather murrini to a bead.

So here you go I hope you like it.

John

Part 1,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hjaX..._order&list=UL

Part 2,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4IYspwdW_I

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Murrini for Sale
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#R124
Old 2011-01-11, 5:42pm
Burning Fingers!

Thanks Otter - is there a tutorial on how to actually make the feather murrini?

/
/
/

Old 2011-01-11, 5:46pm

Great video, John!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

gail

Cricket w/ 5 lpm Oxycon
Old 2011-01-11, 6:13pm
Otter

Hey Jane there is one in this thread.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...hlight=feather

John

Murrini for Sale

#R124
Old 2011-01-11, 6:24pm

The video came out great! Niiiice murrini!

Old 2011-01-11, 6:58pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Great video John!!!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-01-11, 7:04pm
Fiddle-dee-dee!

Wow! Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!
Old 2011-01-11, 7:39pm
Eight Miles Wide

Thanks for the video!

Old 2011-01-11, 8:08pm

ooooo,pretty feather's,pretty bead Otter.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripzz
Old 2011-01-11, 8:58pm
Burning Fingers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Hey Jane there is one in this thread.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...hlight=feather

John
Thanks so much - that looks great!

/
/
/

Old 2011-01-12, 12:31pm
Beadmaking.nl

John Great video.

I learned also a lot more then just apply murrini! Thanks!

And... great tools for your glas! Love it!

I searched also for a video how to make murrini glass grinn...

Last edited by Margrieten; 2011-01-12 at 12:35pm.
Old 2011-01-12, 12:49pm
birdergirl ~o~

Awsome video thank so much!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2011-01-13, 8:42pm
Otter

Hey thanks you guys I'm glad you like it.

John

Murrini for Sale

#R124
Old 2011-01-13, 8:46pm
GlassDocNC

Nice videos! Thanks!

Take life with a grain of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
Old 2011-01-16, 12:10pm

John - Cool video tutorial. You and Cynthia did a great job. I'm so glad you were at the meeting yesterday with your murrini because they really are beautiful and now I have my own little package to play with!

Old 2011-01-16, 4:53pm

Thanks John! Excellent tutorial - I look forward to my next time at the torch so I can try this out with the murrini I bought from you yesterday. It was great to meet and chat with you!

-Diane

My Facebook business page:

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2011-01-16, 8:03pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

John, so sorry I didn't stick around longer at the meeting. I would have loved to meet you!

Lisa; I wish I'd seen that! I would have snapped some up too. Guess I'll have to make 'em!

John, your video makes it look simple, easy enough for even a chicken like me to try! THANK YOU for sharing the video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaF View Post
John - Cool video tutorial. You and Cynthia did a great job. I'm so glad you were at the meeting yesterday with your murrini because they really are beautiful and now I have my own little package to play with!

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2011-01-16, 9:07pm

Hopefully John will come to more meetings and bring his wonderful murrini (hint, hint!) It was also a treat to see his Jack Sparrow murrini in person. Amazing work.

-Diane

My Facebook business page:

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2011-01-16, 10:04pm

Thankyou John for the great tut video. It's so much easier to see it done than just to read how to. It made it so much easier for me.
Old 2011-01-17, 8:55pm
Otter

It was really nice seeing everyone at the meeting the other day. I used to be at almost every meeting for years after opening the gallery I have not had the time to go. I plan on getting back into going and hope to see you at a lot more meetings.

Have fun with your murrini,

John

Murrini for Sale

#R124
Old 2011-01-27, 11:52am

Wink

How cool, John, you handsome devil, you!! At least I can hear and see you this way, since our paths have not crossed in a long time......

Keep up the good work!

Old 2011-01-27, 12:20pm
Karen James

Quote:
Originally Posted by margriet@stainedglass.nl View Post
John Great video.

I learned also a lot more then just apply murrini! Thanks!

And... great tools for your glas! Love it!

I searched also for a video how to make murrini glass grinn...
This! Thank you so much for the video! It was great to watch and learn from.

Karen

Cricket, Mini CC, Devilbiss MC84 Oxy and NG
Old 2011-01-30, 2:37pm

John, what great information. Thanks ever so much for sharing in such a great format.

You and Cynthia have too much fun. together.

On your work table, do I see one of those special torch lighters? Guess I thought they were more for hand torches. So do you pick it up or use it for a torch other than the one attached to your table? (If what I think I'm seeing is correct.) Thanks. . .

Yvonne
Old 2011-02-05, 10:44am
Otter

Hey Yvon,

Glad you like the video.

Yes that is a lighter for the torch just pick it up and put it to the head of the torch works great.

John

Murrini for Sale

#R124
Old 2011-02-05, 2:28pm

John, thanks for the response. I have one of those lighters, so I thought I would ask how you use it just in case I could just pick it up.

So glad that your buttons, along with the murrini, are offered on Etsy! You know I love your work.

Yvonne
Old 2011-05-28, 2:55am
Light My Torch

bump
jeri