Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2013-02-14, 5:45pm

Default March 2013 Soda Lime Times - Midnight tonight!

It seems like ages since I've posted on LE. This has been such a busy month!

The March issue of the Soda Lime Times will be ready for our subscribers to download at midnight tonight. Here is a photo of the projects in the upcoming Soda Lime Times: electroforming on glass beads by Kate Fowle Meleney, an introduction to sandblasting and oil painting on beads by Hannah Rosner, Moss Rocks (using baking soda on your beads) by Mary Lockwood and Coldworking 101 by Libby Leuchtman. If you want an introduction to a few new techniques you've been dying to try, this issue will open your eyes!

In Tips from the Masters Jim Smircich shares his technique for tumbling beads in a rock tumbler. And of course, Amy Kuczewski shares some great goodies in the Grubby Mitts Report. We are so excited that Amy has joined our little family and will be writing the Grubby Mitts Report now. As you know, she knows everything!

See you at midnight!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-02-14, 7:30pm

Can't wait!!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-02-14, 8:36pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Diane,
The SLT ROCKS!
You and your team always have such great articles, tutus, and information!
Thanks!
Smiles, Sheri

Old 2013-02-14, 9:56pm

Thanks Julie and Sheri, The Soda Lime Times exists because there are talented people out there willing to share what they know with others. I am so excited for you to see this new issue. I'm like a little kid!

Old 2013-02-14, 11:15pm

Isn't it wonderful to be doing something that you love & are excited about? Your passion for the SLT shows through each & every page. Congrats Diane & thanks to you for fulfilling a huge need.
You Rock, sista!
ginger
Old 2013-02-15, 12:08am

You too sweet friend. Thanks so much! And congratulations on being inducted into the Beads of Courage Hall of Fame. I think you have made more beads for BOC than any other person...ever!

Old 2013-02-15, 6:02am
Knob Creek Glass

Wonderful!. Thank you.
Old 2013-02-15, 10:43am

Got mine. This is my first issue and I am really impressed. Can hardly wait for the next issue.
Old 2013-02-15, 10:54am
Chief Creative Goddess

Quote:
Got mine. This is my first issue and I am really impressed. Can hardly wait for the next issue.
Seriously--ask for back issues for your birthday, St Paddy's Day, Change Your Underwear Day--whatever day you want to celebrate--or just buy them yourself!!

They are amazing and really worth it, especially if you are just starting on this obsession!

Diane and her husband pour their hearts and energy into producing a quality product, and so do all of her writers and testers. It shows.

Welcome to glass--and the SLT Fan Club!

Smiles, Sheri

Old 2013-02-15, 10:57am

Wow time does fly. I'm so far behind on everything. Let me run and get my March issue. I've been waiting with anticipation after my first issue last month. Time got away from me. Thank you for all your hard work.
Old 2013-02-15, 5:59pm

Thanks so much for the encouraging words. Sheri, you always know how to make me smile. Just a reminder to our subscribers that we sell our back issues for the same low price of $4.95 from the subscribers area on our website. So if you do want to get them, you don't have to pay the non-subscriber price of $6.95.

Old 2013-02-15, 6:09pm

Diane, I love every issue but every single article in this issue spoke directly to me. And I looove Mary's moss bead!

Old 2013-02-15, 6:13pm

Thanks Rhonda. Everything Mary does is just magical! I'd love to have her talent for just one day.
I'm so happy you enjoyed the issue. There are so many things I've been wanting to try myself and really didn't know where to start. Now I feel like I can! Now if I just had a bigger studio.

Old 2013-02-16, 12:51pm

Every month inspires me, but this one was exceptionally good. Just ordered all the items needed to begin electroforming. I've always loved the look, but never had the guts to try it. I hope you know how fabulous this is for those of us who need an occasional boost to get us going. Thanks for all you do!

Beth

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
Old 2013-02-16, 6:14pm

Thank you so much for your kind words, Diane. (and congrats to you too for being induced into the BOC Hall of Fame!) I think everyone can feel what a love you have for glass & all it's virtues from your fantastic publications each month. Bravo on such a stellar job to you & all the contribuitors.
Hugs,
ginger
Old 2013-02-16, 7:21pm
Spring is coming, right?

I subscribed two months ago and it's the best subscription I have! I even bought back issues because I knew they were going to be loaded with great info that I didn't want to miss. I was right!

Jocelyn

Old 2013-02-17, 11:17am

I think I have to try it out...even im not that good at english....

my blog:
Old 2013-02-17, 8:27pm
Echo's Mother

This is the most awesome issue. I have been thinking about adding surface texture to my beads. Even bought the rock tumbler. The baking soda technique looks interesting. This issue came. At the perfect time.