LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-09-16, 9:33pm
MacGalver

Amy can you give a list of some of the different reduction glasses this technique will work with other than Olympia Rain, for those who have are not silver glass savvy? Thanks!
Old 2009-09-16, 9:37pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrlartist View Post
Amy can you give a list of some of the different reduction glasses this technique will work with other than Olympia Rain, for those who have are not silver glass savvy? Thanks!
It works with almost any reduction glass. In the tutorial I use Taxco, Juno, Golden Emerald, Psyche, Triton, Aurae, Zeus..... I think that covers most of them. Nyx doesn't storm too well and Aion....forget it. Other than that, I can get something out of almost any reduction glass. I've even stormed Ekho.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-09-16, 9:38pm
Storm Queen

I guess I should add that the color layering chart included in the tutorial will show a variety of different glass stormed and layered for different effects and colors.

Old 2009-09-16, 9:39pm
MacGalver

Thanks!
Old 2009-09-16, 10:06pm
Oooooh Sparkly!

Thanks Amy
Old 2009-09-16, 10:08pm
Storm Queen

Thank you Lili!

Old 2009-09-16, 10:11pm

Ack I'm bleeding green! Still another one I was looking forward to and had to have!

Old 2009-09-17, 5:43am
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

Hi Amy! Thank you soooo much - I'm so excited that the tut is here! I just purchased it and cannot wait for the weekend to get some torch time!!!! Thanks Again! Joan

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2009-09-17, 5:47am

Way cool Amy! Can't wait to go play.
Old 2009-09-17, 5:50am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Sweetie your tutorial is absolutely awesome, you did a fantastic job!!!!!

Old 2009-09-17, 7:35am

I must say I had tried getting the effect even with OR but missed a few steps. LOL
Great tut Amy. Have you tried Sissley stormed? It would be a good way to use up the bunch I have sitting here. Also would you share what temps you garage and anneal with this glass. I have a new GlassHive kiln and it's a bit hot.

Last edited by Pat; 2009-09-17 at 11:10am. Reason: oops wrong name of kiln
Old 2009-09-17, 8:45am
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
I must say I had tried getting the effect even with OR but missed a few steps. LOL
Have you tried Sissley stormed? It would be a good way to use up the bunch I have sitting here.
Pat, I'm actually going to try the techniques in the tut with Sissley. I think it will work well! Fingers crossed. . .I have a bunch of it also.

Old 2009-09-17, 8:50am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
man up. no wahwahbabypants crying
I was thinking, in my best Tom Hanks voice, "There's no crying in lampworking!!"

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2009-09-17, 8:50am
Storm Queen

I agree with MaryBeth, Sissley should work well. It's supposed to be a "Da Vinci light" and Da Vinci even storms pretty well....but can get a little too stormy.

I'm so pleased you all are pleased!

Old 2009-09-17, 8:52am
Burn baby burn

Amy - thank you for writting this wonderful tutorial. I can't wait for this weekend so I can play.

I do have one question...do you always use silver glass for the base bead?

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says~~ "Oh Crap, She's up!"
Old 2009-09-17, 8:53am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
I was thinking, in my best Tom Hanks voice, "There's no crying in lampworking!!"
Are you sure about that?

Old 2009-09-17, 8:57am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post

one of my favorite movie lines evah! It is SO adaptable!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-09-17, 8:58am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Amy - thank you for writting this wonderful tutorial. I can't wait for this weekend so I can play.

I do have one question...do you always use silver glass for the base bead?
For the base bead, yes. I just like the way it reacts with Dark Ivory like I show in Figure 2 on page 5. Plus I always hated the way most glass would cause dots to sink into the base bead instead of allowing it to spread. So it's like a double bonus. You guys can use whatever you like though. You don't have to be all crazy with the silver glass like me.

Old 2009-09-17, 9:05am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I use the glass I get from Ron as my base. I bought 5 lbs of shorts for $20/lb and it is excellent for beads like this.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-09-17, 9:05am
Meow.

Wanted to chime in and add my kudos. I'm by no means a tut-ho, only have three...and I'm so thrilled this is one of them! It's incredible...and I found myself thinking 'Duh! She's a genious!' several times.

Thanks Amy!

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2009-09-17, 9:12am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgslampwork View Post
Wanted to chime in and add my kudos. I'm by no means a tut-ho, only have three...and I'm so thrilled this is one of them! It's incredible...and I found myself thinking 'Duh! She's a genious!' several times.

Thanks Amy!
"Genius"....not so much. I really think my brain is wired different somehow. I like to do stuff you're not supposed to do and see what happens.

Old 2009-09-17, 9:14am
Lover of all things color

I'm speechless, this thing is wonderful!!! I've loved your beads for so long. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge and secrets with us.

The purchase worked like a charm.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-09-17, 9:14am
Certified Glassaholic!

Got my copy. Can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing Amy I have one rod of original OR in my stash and am wondering if I should be getting some of the new stuff while it's still available.

-Yee

Old 2009-09-17, 9:18am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by simvet02 View Post
I'm speechless, this thing is wonderful!!! I've loved your beads for so long. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge and secrets with us.

The purchase worked like a charm.
Thank you! I'm so glad you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeepers View Post
Got my copy. Can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing Amy I have one rod of original OR in my stash and am wondering if I should be getting some of the new stuff while it's still available.

-Yee
Thanks! I would probably pick some up but Jed assured me he would keep it around. Now he kinda has to.

Old 2009-09-17, 9:47am
I speak Murrini!

All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I just love this! I may have to wait a while to try it - but now that I've got it, I'm thrilled! Your presentation is exceptional, your color use charts awesome, and I'm excited and saturated with all great information!

Thanks so much Amy!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-09-17, 9:50am
Storm Queen

Thank you De! That makes me happy.

Old 2009-09-17, 10:51am
Just a bit DOOPY DOO DAH!

OMG How did I miss this, damn there are some awesome tutes out at the moment! Need cash need cash, seriously need cash.

Anyone know a blind man with no feelings in his hands and (uuuhm humm) so I can sell my body and get my mitts on these!!!

This is so amazing Amy congrats on doing a tute!

------------------------------------------------

~ SRA#L-88
Old 2009-09-17, 11:01am
Storm Queen

Thanks Michelle!

Old 2009-09-17, 11:12am

Amy-- I just bought and downloaded the tutorial. As others have said, it's very well written, the pictures are placed right where they should be next to the text and are great, and the explanations really make sense. It's evident you put a lot of time and thought into doing this tutorial, and I'm delighted that I get to benefit from it. Thank you!

Mimi
Old 2009-09-17, 11:17am
Storm Queen

Thanks so much Mimi!