Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-08-25, 9:56am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam
Default new glass alchemy color fuchsia

I just did a hit and run after receiving GA's newsletter. They have a new color up right now called Fuchsia something ( lol I didn't even catch the right name)

I've never ever hit a bin button so fast in my life, my finger just hurts!

http://stores.ebay.com/Glass-Alchemy-Ltd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-08-25, 10:11am
Button Queen

Ooo... Looks like my Birthday present to me...!
Old 2008-08-25, 10:26am
Serenity Now!

ETS: I had some 'shipping' issues with GA, but am truly pleased-as-punch to say they've all been worked out ~ thanks to the super attention and service, S and J. I also wanted to add that our very own Bead Crazy (Lori) is a true and absolute peach in somany ways.

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2008-08-27 at 4:23pm.
Old 2008-08-25, 10:28am
traumaqueen

Val have you emailed them about their shippingfees? their fees are way of! I got $180 quoted... I don't think so

Kimberly that sucks, try emailing them , and if they don't have anything left I'll send you some of mine.

Old 2008-08-25, 11:36am
Serenity Now!

Hi Suzanne, you lucky pink-lovin' girl... Damn. With a $180 shipping quote, you must've ordered all the fuschia, eh? <giggle>

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2008-08-27 at 4:23pm.
Old 2008-08-25, 11:37am
Borovangelist

ugh, I missed out on the fuschia. I knew I should have bought it when I got the email!

|
|
Old 2008-08-25, 11:59am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I clicked that link in the email as soon as I saw the message,
but it was long gone. SOOOOO SAAAAAADDDDDD.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-08-25, 12:00pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Missed the fuschia as well but got some other stuff. Now I'm gonna mail them for the shippings costs, $30 for 3/4 lb seems a bit much.

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-08-25, 12:00pm
traumaqueen

lol Val, I only ordered 1.5 lb and there is no way that this would cost 180 to ship unless they are flying it in themselves

I hate paying shippingfees but it's either that or pass on this color, and that's not an option

Old 2008-08-25, 12:05pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Whaaa Suzanne, they charged you $180 for 1.5 lb?

Well, they can always try of course .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-08-25, 12:23pm
traumaqueen

I did, and I received a perfectly healthy invoice. 30 for shipping, wich is normal for that weight.

edit to add: it's not GA making up those shippingfees, it's ebay's international shippingfee calculator wich obviously doesn't work correctly

Old 2008-08-25, 1:26pm

I missed the pink. Boohoo.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-08-25, 1:35pm

Hi Everyone –

We are responding to your demand. Fuchsia Fantasy has sold out on our Ebay Store, but we are making more as I type this. It should be available for purchase tomorrow at 8am PT so keep your eyes peeled. Also, Suzanne is correct about the international shipping calculations. Ebay tends to calculate very high. We are working with them to see if we can get a closer calculation.

Thomas
Old 2008-08-25, 5:44pm
Gay rights R human rights

Thomas, what about the issue with paypal accounts? We all have paypal accounts but when we do a bin it doesnt recognize it. Very frustrating.

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2008-08-25, 5:50pm

Ohhhhhh, so that's 11 am my time. I will be waiting.....bawahaahahahahaaaaa.....
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-08-25, 6:01pm
Borovangelist

Can't you wacky NL kids pool the money for the international shipping then split the shipping inside the country to divy it up? I'm sure there are enough fun colors that come out that if you just wanted to take turns on the domestic shipping it would even out in the long run.

And second run? I'm gettin' me some!

|
|
Old 2008-08-25, 6:05pm

I live just across the river from them and would be happy to pick up and mail anyones glass for you.

Old 2008-08-25, 6:42pm
Spoiled

How do I get on this email list?

Is there any scrap laying around? Seconds, hell I'd take thirds, fourth, fifths.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-08-25, 6:44pm

I hear ya. I bought from them the last time they had new colors and I didn't get an email. (Can you tell I'm pouting?) Anyhow, there's to be more tomorrow!
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-08-25, 7:09pm
traumaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee View Post
How do I get on this email list?

Is there any scrap laying around? Seconds, hell I'd take thirds, fourth, fifths.
I'd even settle for used twisties, and popped off bits ( wich aint gonna happen with boro lol)

Heck, I'd remelt wonkies if I have too

Old 2008-08-25, 8:35pm
funny mofo

Here you go: http://www.glassalchemy.com/ To sign up for the newsletter, look for the white box on the left hand side of the screen. Put in your email address, and then click on "Go".

You now know all of my secrets. Such as they are.
Old 2008-08-26, 8:03am
Borovangelist

goin' fast!

|
|
Old 2008-08-26, 8:04am

It's up now. Got some! Ooooh it's so purty.

Old 2008-08-26, 8:32am
Gay rights R human rights

It still wont link my paypal account.....arrgh. would anyone pls buy my 4 bundles and I will pay pal asap?

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2008-08-26, 8:43am

Whooopeeeee, got me some!
purrrty!
Jo
Old 2008-08-26, 8:51am
Gimme that silver glass!

I got the last 2 bundles, whoohoo!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-08-26, 9:11am
Does it come in Purple???

I missed it again :*

Kim - I got that same message the last time I tried to order Agua Chameleon. I had to re-link my credit card number for some reason in order to get it to work.

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2008-08-26, 9:15am
Borovangelist

I wait until they invoice me so they can combine shipping.

|
|
Old 2008-08-26, 9:32am
Spoiled

Crap!

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-08-26, 9:42am

Hi Everyone – I wanted to follow-up on the two Ebay related issues. The International shipping calculator should be accurate now, but for International orders, you can wait to be invoiced by Glass Alchemy through Ebay for a more accurate rate.

We have also talked to Ebay about the PayPal issue. If your PayPal is not being recognized, they said it is because your PayPal address is not verified and needs to be linked to Ebay. If you have on going problem with this, feel free to give us a call directly and we can get it worked out. (503) 460-0545

Thanks,

Thomas