Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2007-03-16, 11:48am
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

Default Do you like my website?

Does my website look okay & is there anything I should change? I'm wondering how it looks to other people & if there's anything I should change. Thanks!!

http://www.vivianslampworkbeads.com

Vivian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-03-16, 2:33pm

Hi Vivian!

I think your website is really well organized and easy to navigate.

The only suggestions I have:

-Use the same background on all pages. It adds to the professionalism of it and makes the site more cohesive if everything matches.

-You might want to consider having your links that lead outside of your site to open in a new window. (Like the one for designers, for example). That way, your web visiters will stay on your website in the event they start exploring outside links and wandering.

Hope this helps--
Rachel
Old 2007-03-16, 3:14pm

Thanks Rachel, I changed this. I never noticed that you could set it to open in another window....duh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Originals View Post
Hi Vivian!

-You might want to consider having your links that lead outside of your site to open in a new window. (Like the one for designers, for example). That way, your web visiters will stay on your website in the event they start exploring outside links and wandering.

Hope this helps--
Rachel

Vivian

-

Old 2007-03-16, 3:33pm
thinking4myself

Vivian, I really like all the information you have, but I agree with Rachel about choosing one background for all the pages. Any of the ones you have would be fine, like all the ones I saw. Looking good!
Old 2007-03-16, 5:43pm

Okay, I think I've fixed those things.....thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinabeadalina View Post
Vivian, I really like all the information you have, but I agree with Rachel about choosing one background for all the pages. Any of the ones you have would be fine, like all the ones I saw. Looking good!

Vivian

-

Old 2007-03-22, 2:11pm
reaction junkie

I would fix it so all the pages either center or are left-aligned.

I would also put BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" in your content table so the pink dots don't distract from the text and photos - it will help your photos stand out more too.

You might even consider putting a BORDER="1" in all your photo tags which would help define them as well.

Hope this helps!

/
/
/
Old 2007-03-22, 6:50pm

Thanks, I fixed the pages so they would all center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBetween View Post
I would fix it so all the pages either center or are left-aligned.

I would also put BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" in your content table so the pink dots don't distract from the text and photos - it will help your photos stand out more too.

You might even consider putting a BORDER="1" in all your photo tags which would help define them as well.

Hope this helps!

Vivian

-

Old 2007-03-23, 2:16am
what's a senior moment ?

Looks great Vivian ! And by the way, I love those blue and green square beads on the first page ! Nice job.
Debbie A.

Old 2007-03-23, 11:39am

Thanks Debbie!!!

Vivian

-

Old 2007-03-25, 4:52pm

I love your website! Can't think of anything I'd change.

(website in construction)
Old 2007-03-25, 5:01pm
trying to follow along

I agree with adding borders to the images. With the dot background it's interrupted by the white background of the image and my brain goes HUH? kwim LOL if it had a frame around it I think it would stand out more. I would use a frame that is the same color as the dots but one or two shades darker.
Looks good!
Old 2007-03-25, 7:06pm

I can't add the borders to my photos with my website program. The only way I could do it would be way to much trouble for me.

Vivian

-

Old 2007-03-26, 11:19am
Striking-impared...

One thing to add -- make your email address a graphic link instead of having it as text. Otherwise, you are bound to get lots of spam from the bots that crawl around and harvest email addresses.

Nice website!

Old 2007-04-11, 8:35am

nice but the dots in the background distract my eye from the photos. too bad you cant border them.
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2007-04-11, 12:39pm

Okay everyone, I changed the background. Does it look better now? Thanks for all the comments!!!

Vivian

-

Old 2007-04-12, 7:21am

Vivian I really like your big bead pictures on the front page. It brings immediate attention to the beads. I think I will do that on my website also when I get time. That's my only comment - I'm sure no expert on websites. Also love your diving photos.

Old 2007-04-12, 7:26am
Did someone say Oddlot?

Love your site and love your beads!
Old 2007-04-21, 7:04am
Irish Eyes A Smiling

I really like your site....easy to navigate....nice colors.....the thing that I would change if it were mine, is the category buttons seemingly "disappearing" when you mouse over or click.....call me attention deficit, but I don't remember what the category was so have to move off to see and then move back on....JMHO

Old 2007-04-28, 5:38pm
It's all about art.

I like the large bead images too. I won't take the time to click on thumbnails. My only comment is that I would like to see a solid color behind the pictures and navigational names. It would unify the important points. You could use a table and leave the pattern around the outer edges.

It is looking good.
\
Barbara