Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-12-19, 3:21pm
Pyromaniac

I think that IS the stuff'n'puff technique. =) A baby version at least. Are you thinking blow-in?

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2011-12-19, 4:00pm
Pyromaniac

Speaking of honeycombs, here is one that would be a honeycomb... if I had lensed the other side (you can still see the 'comb through the fume):
Attached Images

Old 2011-12-19, 5:55pm

Wow, that one is awesome!!

J. Krishnamurti

[url]www.BlownAFuseGlass.etsy.com
Old 2011-12-19, 6:06pm

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think that IS the stuff'n'puff technique. =) A baby version at least. Are you thinking blow-in? "

Yeah, blow-in, blow-out, stuff n puff, I confuse all of them LOL Which ever one requires blowing a bubble, popping a hole, and flaring the opening is the one I'm not ready to attempt yet. So far my bubbles are getting pretty good though. When I get a perfect bubble I want to just leave it like it is.

J. Krishnamurti

Old 2011-12-20, 6:35pm
www.createdfromfire.com

Default Few boro hearts

Watching Brent's dvd has paid off....Now if I can just tweak the colors

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.com

GTT Sidewinder, two M15 oxycon's (center fire), tanked (outer fire), Glasshive kiln.
Old 2011-12-20, 8:23pm

Love the shapes, and the colours. Bunyip that pendant is to die for I really need to work on my fuming I would love to get some colours like that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-12-21, 1:05pm
Harold Williams Cooney

Word. Merry Days to all. Fresh keepers from me.

American Trade Bead Food Program; Necklace auctions
, entertainment that improves Colorado.
Old 2011-12-21, 2:17pm
needs creative tagline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkgoglass View Post
Someone asked me how I worked the red tubing for good color
Is that red opaque? Cause all the chinese tubing I've got is transparent except the white...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWCGlass View Post
Happy Days, everyone. Great glass so far . . . some stuff fresh to my permanent collection . . . . .

Want!!! I just love the black and white stuff.
I'd settle for some tutorials or lessons with you!

laura

Facebook -

Lynx with OGSI-15 and big holding tank, Redmax on tanked, and National 3b that swings both ways...
Old 2011-12-21, 5:13pm

Love the white and red ones HWC I can see why you would want them in your private collection.

Old 2011-12-21, 10:44pm

HWC when I grow-up I want to be able to do that.

Love the color in those hearts.

heres my shot at a honeycomb.

back side

Last edited by mightymike; 2011-12-21 at 10:47pm.
Old 2011-12-22, 12:18am

Wow mike wine glasses and now this you are versatile. That honey comb is beautiful you want to share what colours did you used.

Old 2011-12-22, 7:03am
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha200 View Post
Is that red opaque? Cause all the chinese tubing I've got is transparent except the white...

laura
It's the transparent -- just a lot of reflection in this shot for some reason and the red struck really well.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2011-12-22, 8:13am

Thanks I don't know if you can see the darker ring in the honeycomb but
I coil pot the color onto the tube and its Carmel then a ring of blue Carmel and back to Carmel in the center. And with the Carmel the picture doesn't do the back justice as is really sparkles from the silver reduction.

and thanks I am a newbie and I just love doing something new when ever I can. Maybe someday I will fine my niche?

Last edited by mightymike; 2011-12-22 at 8:41am.
Old 2011-12-22, 9:35am

I am still looking for my niche. Thanks for sharing I don't quite understand the process of a honeycomb as I have never made one but I am looking to find out now.

Old 2011-12-22, 11:40am

Hmmm. I just bought some carmel with my other stuff and after receiving I was wondering why in the world I bought it. Now I know what to do with it. thanks mike, it looks like you didn't add a lens to the comb is that right? It looks great!

Deb- I think a honeycomb is really just the back end of an implosion, but instead of color dots on clear, you do clear dots on color. I tried with clear dots on transparent and it doesn't come out so hot, I need to add clear to the transparent color so it's not so dark. But I hear the same technique works great with AP, DAP, Blue moon, and mike's carmel looks great too. When clear dots are added to an opaque color I think the term is 'basehead'. Traditionaly honeycomb is done with silver fume on the inside and clear dots on the outside, then selectively strike in the flame and/or kiln to get different colors from white and blue all the way to red. At least that's what it says on paper. I call them all honeycomb. LOL

J. Krishnamurti

Old 2011-12-22, 1:08pm

here is the tutorial link on honeycombs and he is right i didn't put a lens on it, and all the silver colors look great. and oddly so dose white.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ycomb+tutorial
Old 2011-12-22, 2:29pm
Save the Numbats

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate-d View Post
Hmmm. I just bought some carmel with my other stuff and after receiving I was wondering why in the world I bought it.

Definitely, the best thing to do with caramel/butterscotch/silver strike/caramello/etc. in my opinion is to exploit the contrast between how it looks reduced on the surface, and how it looks under clear.

You can also heat the hell out of it and get it to strike purple. GA Caramel Luster (esp. the old formula?) works great for that.
Old 2011-12-22, 5:21pm
Pyromaniac

Caramel heart with clear frit would look awesome.

Old 2011-12-22, 6:09pm

Cool thanks for the link.

Old 2011-12-22, 8:49pm

Been playing around with wine bottle stoppers. Took a few times to get them big enough not to look silly on top lol

Old 2011-12-22, 10:30pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkgoglass View Post
Trying to get better at tubing work!
Here's a little red vase.

Wow! Lana, what color is this? I mean......besides red.......who makes it and what is it called? It looks like red chrome!

Flinging flaming frit at friends for fun!

Deb
Old 2011-12-22, 10:37pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Lana, oops, never mind. Guess I should read ahead first! Amazing color!

Flinging flaming frit at friends for fun!

Deb
Old 2011-12-23, 10:33am

Great wine stoppers, and I know what you mean by making them big otherwise they do look silly.

Old 2011-12-23, 1:54pm
Borosapien

Here is a little vase with heart inside i call love potion.

Old 2011-12-23, 3:25pm
Harold Williams Cooney

^^^ Sweet design!!!!! Very smart.

American Trade Bead Food Program; Necklace auctions
, entertainment that improves Colorado.
Old 2011-12-24, 3:23am

And lovely.

Old 2011-12-24, 9:59am

Heart in a bottle great idea looks outstanding.

did two thing i have never done before yesterday.
A honeycomb marble with the combs going all the way to the top.

and i don't know what you call this but i see it a lot and had a hard time wrapping my head around how to do it.

Old 2011-12-24, 7:12pm

No glass for me this Christmas but you can see what I have been doing over here http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213684 .

Old 2011-12-25, 8:04pm

Marcel love the bottle
nice stoppers untamed rose
mighty mike very nice
here is a tiny goblet I made today playing with the Jacks I got for Christmas

#C-151
Old 2011-12-25, 10:44pm

Love it Morgan.