Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-10-19, 6:38pm

Default Working with whites.

I have been playing around with some whites in some implosions, and this is what I have so far. The one on the left is 'whiteout' by tag and the other one is china white. When I first tried china white a few months back I had no bubbling with the two rods that were gifted to me, but this new batch I bought last month I have to be a little more careful to prevent the bubbles. The whiteout from tag is a little bubbly but no more than the new batch china white. I found that if I heated the whites slowly till it was up to temperature I could apply more heat but once it cooled down it would bubble if heated back up too quickly. I need to play around with these two whites a little more to really speak more on how to work them with better results. I will get back to them next week as I have to get ready for a bead show. Enjoy.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-10-19, 9:12pm

i gotta try out that TAG color

thanx for the comparison terry!

Old 2011-10-19, 9:50pm

Thanks, Deb. Did you remix the whiteout for this?
Old 2011-10-19, 9:51pm

Your welcome and please post your results when you try on this thread, with tips and tricks.

Old 2011-10-24, 3:14pm

Deb, I could kiss you!
FWIW, Paul is like a dog with a bone when it comes to white. He has made over a dozen batches of this new Whiteout so far, and no two are exactly the same. At least one is a tad more off-white than the others, and he feels the newer batches are more dense and less airy than the ones we made in August. Deb, I think you have one of the 2 August batches? Anyway, THANK YOU for doing this comparison! You're right about bringing the whites up to temp slowly, I think we advise that for all the white we make.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2011-10-24, 4:33pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb tarry View Post
Your welcome and please post your results when you try on this thread, with tips and tricks.
I really like the TAG whiteout. Smooth and dense and somewhat more resistant to boil than most whites I have tried. In the last few months I have learned to work 99% of the time at least 4 inches away from the candles and with colors that like to boil I SLOWLY bring them up to temp. My Mirage will boil this if I dial in too much oxygen as well so I stick with a neutral mix. Deb, what are your experiences so far?
Old 2011-10-24, 6:03pm

SLOWLY up to temp is the key word I will go back and underline it. Oops don't know how to underline so I capitalized it. lol Will play with it more this week. Jenny if you want me to play with some of the newer batches I can send you my address and I would be more than happy to share what I come up with.

Old 2011-10-24, 7:52pm

I recently tried the GA sno white I Like the color and it worked well following the usual precautions, I loved the TAG dwarf white but I needed to find one a bit less costly the marble below is Sno white

#C-151
Old 2011-10-26, 10:47am

FWIW... The Whiteout is still at an intro price, while Paul keeps tweaking it. That intro price is less than half the price of Dwarf.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2011-10-26, 7:31pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand Beads View Post
FWIW... The Whiteout is still at an intro price, while Paul keeps tweaking it. That intro price is less than half the price of Dwarf.
ooh I'll have to check that out

#C-151
Old 2011-10-26, 7:40pm

I don't see white out any where on the website?

#C-151
Old 2011-10-26, 9:02pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baywinger View Post
I don't see white out any where on the website?
Its an experimental. Gotta call Jenny at TAG.
Old 2011-10-26, 9:43pm

ok thanks, the order form said to check the rare and specials page for experimental colors and it was not there

#C-151