Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-12-01, 9:23pm

Default December S&T

Here is a pic of my first try at icecles. My first try at blown ornament turned into a pendant. LOL

J. Krishnamurti

[url]www.BlownAFuseGlass.etsy.com
Old 2011-12-01, 9:26pm

... and an aurora frit implosion with a twist pendant.

J. Krishnamurti

Old 2011-12-02, 12:18pm

Yay its December!! Seem like ornaments are a great start to this festive month. This is what I have been doing.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-12-02, 2:22pm
Always learnin' & yearnin

Nat-d those are really good for the first try!

Deb that marble is the shit!!!!! looking good on your stems too!!!!
I got a few marbles in the kiln now and gonna post later!

I really think that marble kicks ass!!!!!!!!!

Old 2011-12-02, 4:29pm

here are 2 marbles I made today... not too happy with the implosion but got good colors.
Name:  marbles 001.jpg
Views: 1125
Size:  34.0 KB

Name:  marbles 004.jpg
Views: 1158
Size:  24.3 KB

Name:  marbles 012.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  24.1 KB

Old 2011-12-02, 4:36pm

Thanks dragonlite I see you use rings for stands for your marbles too. I picked up a bunch of stainless steel ones on ebay for 25 cents each if you bought 100. So I did and I love them.

Old 2011-12-02, 4:37pm

Yup! It is my personal ring I wear everyday! They are the perfect holder I think!

Old 2011-12-02, 5:10pm
Torch junkie

Here's one for the dragon fans out there.

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2011-12-02, 5:13pm

Rog you know that is me!!!!!!!!!!!! I cherish the one I have of yours! It has front row in my Glass China Showcase!

Old 2011-12-03, 4:36pm
Torch junkie

Thanks Steven, I'm glad to know that one of my dragons has a good home.

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2011-12-04, 6:56am
Pyromaniac

Trying to get better at tubing work!
Here's a little red vase.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2011-12-04, 9:33am

Thats one sweet red vase. I got to get me some red tube.

Here is a little flower implosion.

Old 2011-12-04, 10:20am

Cute flower Mike.

Old 2011-12-04, 11:19am

Thanks Deb I was looking for LOCH NESS and didnt have any but found some steel wool that I hadnt tried yet.
Old 2011-12-04, 12:41pm

So is this steel wool over white? I have to say also that the red vase is beautiful Lana, was that red tubing from china or did you coat clear with a red?

Old 2011-12-04, 3:47pm

here is a christmas candle from me.
Name:  candlestick 003.jpg
Views: 1252
Size:  23.8 KB

Name:  candlestick 005.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  23.3 KB

Name:  candlestick 006.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  18.0 KB

Old 2011-12-04, 4:07pm
Flame Dame

Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlite View Post
here is a christmas candle from me.
Attachment 119912

Attachment 119913

Attachment 119914

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2011-12-04, 4:14pm

Thanks Leah!

Old 2011-12-04, 6:52pm
www.createdfromfire.com

Default Amber Purple/DAP flower

Had to re-watch Brent Graber's dvd and found the colors that have been eluding me.

.com

GTT Sidewinder, two M15 oxycon's (center fire), tanked (outer fire), Glasshive kiln.
Old 2011-12-06, 6:24am
Pyromaniac

oooo pretty glass!

The little red vase is from Chinese tubing. I would love to get some TAG red elvis tubing but am trying to use what I have in the garagio.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2011-12-06, 9:45am

I tried to get some red in Oregon when I was there at Glass Stock but they were out so I got some of their other colours. I will have to get some red when I order next cause that is beautiful. Bob the colours in that pendant are to die for, and dragon that candle is great. It reminds me of the candles that used to clip on the christmas tree back in the day. I wish I had some of clip on candles to add to my collection on antique christmas stuff. I have some of the clip on birds which are very cute. I did try making my own 'clip on birds' yesterday I need to go out to the studio and see if they worked out.

Old 2011-12-06, 10:00am
Harold Williams Cooney

Love the candle!

American Trade Bead Food Program; Necklace auctions
, entertainment that improves Colorado.
Old 2011-12-06, 10:15am

WOW HWCGlass!!! That is gorgeeeeeous!!!!!!!!

Old 2011-12-06, 11:01am

What he said ^^
Old 2011-12-06, 12:56pm

Ditto here is what I have been doing. Wine glasses, and a little blown bird for my grandson. The blown bird has a feather in it's tail that was from the first grouse he shot in the fall.
Attached Images

Old 2011-12-06, 1:20pm

Nice Deb, I have been watching your progress with the glasses and they are getting very nice! The tail feather is a great idea, im sure he will love it.
Old 2011-12-06, 1:36pm

Thanks Meader.

Old 2011-12-06, 1:44pm

Wow, nice grouse and glasses Deb. So if I get a piece of driftwood will my glass will start looking better?

J. Krishnamurti

Old 2011-12-06, 2:22pm

Yes they will but it has to come from the beach on the Shuswap Lakes in B. C. lol

Old 2011-12-06, 5:21pm

What a beautiful show and tell.....
The marbles, goblets,vases, pendants and dragon are fantastic...

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]