Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2010-05-08, 6:27am
Wonderland sounds fun...

Default New Webbie Space. Please critique.

Ok, just finished it up. I know the shopping cart is non functional, its just going to be paypal links with each item. I also know I have to put a sitemap at the bottom and do my google tags and such. I was just wondering what you guys thought of overall. I was thinking about taking pictures of my current beads and buttons and things and string them throughout the margins on the sides. So, tell me what you think, what would you improve, etc?

http://karencolaneri.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*+.+*
C L E A R A N C E Sale in my Etsy *+.+*
Old 2010-05-08, 7:30am
Mr Brutus RIP

Karen, I really like what you have there!! Everything looks nice and neat, easy to read. It will be wonderful to see some lampwork beads at the pier 60. (we get there on occasion)
My dh is half german and half italian!! LOL
Sue

Old 2010-05-08, 7:39am
Wonderland sounds fun...

YAY!! I'd love to see some fellow Le'ers at pier 60. That would be so fun! I'm still waiting to hear back from propay to accept credit cards. I have to fax them another form. They seemed easier and cheaper than paypal. I wonder if anyone has NOT been accepted and what their reasons for not accepting someone would be. This is all a process for me. Your hubby must be very stubborn! I know I am and thats what my hubby blames it on. I just think I'm spoiled and like to get my way. It sounds so much better that way.

Thanks for checking it out. I'm learning my way around my cpanel. I set an autoresponder for my contact form. And I learned that the mailing list that came with with is WAY to complicated for me. I think I might try vertical response again. I had it a looonnng time ago. I don't remember it being very complicated.

*+.+*
Old 2010-05-08, 8:12am

Karen, Your site is very nice an clean and easy to navigate. I like the idea of adding strands of beads throughout the site.
Maybe adding color to your tabs and sidebar frames would be a suggestion. It would compliment your wonderful colors of your beads and jewelry.
Have fun selling at the beach!

Old 2010-05-08, 8:30am
Wonderland sounds fun...

So far, I couldn't figure out how to add color to the actual bars themselves, but I did change the color of the font in the bars when hovered over to pink. I'm also working on trying to center the page automatically to anyones computer screen. This site builder seems a bit outdated so I'll see. If I knew how to work css in dreamweaver, I'd be so ahead of the game. I have a program, yet its useless if ya don't know how to use it.

*+.+*
Old 2010-05-10, 10:43am
ManBearPig

So... I have to ask...

Was this page created from a template? Reason I'm asking is that it uses a lot of placeholder images and uses tables for formatting. Also, the CSS file makes no sense (which makes me think it's a template - you see that a lot when people start with templates).

Also, there are a lot of instances where there are CSS tags in the body of your document, which overrides the ones in the linked style sheet. That explains why you are having a hard time changing things.

As for CSS - check out www.w3schools.com.

But, it is centered, at least on my screen. I checked it in a couple different browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome) and at different resolutions, and it stays centered.

Last edited by Cosmo; 2010-05-10 at 10:45am.
Old 2010-05-10, 11:23am
Wonderland sounds fun...

Yep, it was. Are you kidding? I have no time to learn how to make webpages! LOL! As for the tables, I had to make them in dreamweaver because the template wouldn't let me add things where I wanted them. So, I copied and pasted the code into their site builder. The site builder didn't leave me much room to make it my own so I had to change things the best way possible.

*+.+*
Old 2010-05-10, 11:31am
Wonderland sounds fun...

It looks tacky doesnt it? I so suck at websites... grrr...

*+.+*
Old 2010-05-10, 11:41am
ManBearPig

Ahh... Sitebuilders are usually a lot more trouble than they're worth.

CSS is really a lot simpler than using tables. I'd be glad to take a look at it for you if you want though. PM me and we can talk about it...

Old 2010-05-10, 5:14pm
BeadsonCypress

small suggestion...on your page with artist statements, darken the light pink text. I found it hard to read....could be my monitor tho....

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2010-05-11, 4:41pm
Wonderland sounds fun...

Thanks for the suggestion, I was wondering about that. I wanted it light, but wasnt sure if it was too light

*+.+*