Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2014-07-17, 2:47pm
@miniuniworld

Can i also sign up for 2 boxes? Thanks!

Learn how to help empower women to stand on their own two feet!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-07-17, 3:30pm
JennyD

ETA: Since I am not torching as much anymore please consider someone else for my spot. Thank you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...I'd rather be beading!

Last edited by yessysbeads; 2014-08-20 at 12:30pm.
Old 2014-07-17, 3:44pm

I so wish I could grab a barrel!
Sigh .........
What would your shipping rates per box to Canada be Mike?
Old 2014-07-17, 4:11pm

If this is the sign up, I'll take 2 as well, please. What treasures! Mike did you have any idea what you were in for???? If there is anything I can do to help from Ohio, just let me know.

Sharlyn
Old 2014-07-17, 7:19pm

Mike - this is great of you to consider, and I thank you for it. I relish my ordering new "toys" from your company all the time and would also "sign up" to purchase a box if/when possible. THANK YOU
Old 2014-07-17, 7:23pm
Living out Loud

I want some glass too! 2 boxes pleeese!

Last edited by lampworker1; 2014-07-24 at 8:45am.
Old 2014-07-17, 8:25pm

I would love some of your dirty glass
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-07-18, 6:36am

Oooo - sign me up for 2 boxes as well! Hopefully you have some left... If not, consider this my request for the first 2 of the NEXT round!

"I'd rather have glassy friends than classy friends."
Old 2014-07-18, 11:56am

I want 2 too please!!
Old 2014-07-23, 5:17am

Put me on the list for 2 boxes if any still left.
Old 2014-07-23, 6:04am

I would like to try to get in this too
Old 2014-07-23, 9:45am
Glass Addict

I'd like to also sign up for 3 of the 10lb. boxes!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-07-23, 10:40am
flight risk

Two for me, please!

Old 2014-07-23, 11:21am

if you do the 10lb boxes please put me on the list for one as well.
Old 2014-07-23, 2:13pm
tiptrinket

I would like 2 boxes also if possible.
If not in this round, PLEASE include me in the next round!
Thank you!

Old 2014-07-23, 3:23pm

Has anyone received a reply on this from Mike?
Old 2014-07-23, 4:50pm
Bead me up, Scotty.

Please add me to the list for 2 boxes if there is any left. Lol!
Cathy
Old 2014-07-23, 4:53pm

Default Buck a Pound

Quote:
Has anyone received a reply on this from Mike?
Hi everyone. Ok, let me tell you what is going on with the $1 per pound glass. I guess there was a misunderstanding, that I was selling small amounts of scrap glass for $1.00 per pound. Normally we sell scrap glass for $4.00 per pound. But we had around 700 or more pounds of glass and about 500 pounds were in trash cans in our cutting room.

I was offering this glass at $1.00 per pound if somebody would show up and haul the glass in the trash cans away after giving me $500..

Then LEr's started saying they want 10 pounds, and they wanted it shipped USPS Flat Rate.

I began to remove the glass from the barrels and as I washed the glass in the trash can, the frit would fall lower into the can and then it was like cement and I had to pull one rod at a time. If I had given this job to an employee, I would have had to charge more than $1.00 per pound. And indeed some posted for me to charge more than $1 a pound to make it worth our while.

Soon I found out that this was a larger, bigger job than I ever could have imagined, but $500 for 500 pounds sounded good as nobody has to pay me to work here.

I was using the carts we use to fill orders as a work station to place broken glass on. Then I drilled holes into the carts to let the water out as I washed the glass. Sure, the frit would wash away, but the rods were still coated with a film of dirt.

Today I have brought a new tool for separating the frit from the glass rods and as soon as the sun comes out I will start cleaning more glass.

I found out that I could put about 20 pounds of scrap glass into a USPS box, but soon found out that I was not using the flat rate box. But I feel that I can get 15 pounds of glass in a box, but with no protection from damage. Yes broken scrap glass and break even more.

I still have many pounds of scrap glass to go through. Once I am done with that I will pack up the order for 500 pounds and ship smaller packages to those who have requested so.

I should have a few hundred pounds left, and I will pack some in the USPS Flat Rate and see what I can get into it and come up with a price which may be higher than a buck a pound (but not much higher).

As I said, this project is bigger than I thought due to the frit turning into cement, and it is not urgent to do and will continue to process glass when the sun decides to shine again and dry out my wet glass.

So there is the update.

Mikey

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2014-07-23, 5:48pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Awesome!!! Thanks for the update!!

Old 2014-07-24, 2:40pm
StudioMarcy

I am interested too!!

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2014-07-24, 3:03pm

The Torch Website:

Old 2014-07-24, 3:05pm

I am a glass rod archeologist
Or am I a strip miner
It is a sunny day
Could not be much finer.

I am having fun!

Mikey

The Torch Website:

Last edited by mikefrantz; 2014-07-24 at 3:07pm.
Old 2014-07-24, 3:13pm
GlassDocNC

A
and you're cute too.

That's an impressive aggregate. Makes me wonder what would result if you ran a full fuse on that chunk and then sliced it up. I'm sure someone in your neck of the woods has a really big kiln and some cold working gear.

Take life with a grain of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
Old 2014-07-24, 3:45pm

I Finally had to stop as the tip of m finger got sliced open on a piece of clear, took two bandages to stop the bleeding.

In the building behind us some folks are using the building for garage sales and they just pulled in with stuff to sell.

I found a jar of marbles, one of them looks handcarved out of lapis, hot perfectly round, looks interesting, but have no idea if it is valuable.

The other item is a Grffin glass saw. In the morning I will give it a test and see how well it works and how much they would take for it.

Mikey

The Torch Website:

Old 2014-07-24, 3:57pm

Just think, if you hadn't been cleaning that glass you never would have found those bargains.

Sharlyn
Old 2014-07-24, 5:17pm
JennyD

Quote:

I am a glass rod archeologist
Or am I a strip miner
It is a sunny day
Could not be much finer.

I am having fun!

Mikey

Holy Moly, you where not kidding with the cement Frit lol!

At least you got some good bargins

...I'd rather be beading!

Old 2014-07-24, 5:25pm
Bead me up, Scotty.

Thanks so much for sharing pics! I did guess that you would need to charge more for smaller boxes-but it still sounds great and like a treasure hunt! Just sorry we can't help you with the hunting!
Cathy
Old 2014-07-24, 7:51pm
Living out Loud

Mike one picture really is worth a thousand words.......

Thanks!!

Old 2014-07-24, 9:01pm

Mike - you're having a good time at this, enjoy the sun on your shoulders and the fact you have a ton of glass enthusiasts who love your business, and keep that grin on your face!

I think you're the first glass geologist.
Heather in Tucson
Old 2014-07-26, 1:01pm

Default Saturday Market

I had mined about 10 pounds of glass when my finger tip hit a sharp edge of a clear rod and I bled. Decided to call it a night. On Friday I took a look at what was left of my first barrel and decided to wait til Monday to go back to glass mining.

It was a lovely day on Hartstene Island, at the farmers market. I found out good way to keep mosquitoes away from ones skin. Take a mixture of two parts water and one part vanilla, they swear by it.

Every have a garden troubled and riddled by mites? Make a tea that is 1/3 oregano, 1/3 rosemary and 1/3 mint (any kind) and spray on your plants.

So much wisdom is shared at our Saturday market.

Mikey

The Torch Website: