Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-07-24, 6:10pm
Anyone need some spacers?

Default Business Card Tutorial

I would be more than willing to pay for a Tutorial on how to make business cards in either Word for Vista or Gimp a free program. I know it can't be that hard I just do not have the next 5 years to figure it out myself.

There use to be a wonderful free program that I had and it made the whole business card making a breeze.

Any help would be helpful.

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-07-25, 1:06am
Beadmaking.nl

Hi Tracy,

I order my businesscards for free at Vistaprint.com: http://www.vistaprint.com
You can order 250 cards for free and you have only to pay the sendingscosts.
The cards looks very professional.

In the Netherlands a lot of beadmakers do that and I have also heard they order at
http://www.moo.com
You can make there small cards with all your beads on it. I have seen them and they are really beautifull.

I hope that I helped you. Good luck with it!

Old 2009-07-25, 5:00am
Wait.....what?

Hey Tracy,
Hubby and I make our own cards all the time.
If you want I'll post a quick and dirty set of steps a little later today.

Old 2009-07-25, 6:16am

When you purchase the blank business cards to print on it should have a label number associated with it. In Word, go to Tools, Labels. In the first box type what you want your business card to say, in the second box click on Options and select that label number from the box of blank business cards, then click ok. You can then paste in a picture or clip art on each box.
Old 2009-07-25, 6:37am
Wait.....what?

Yup, pretty much what Tracy said.
My version of Word says 'Envelopes and Labels'.
And if you can't find the labels number in your list of labels there's always an option to create a custom label - which is what you're using for your business cards.
So just create a label and print it on business cards instead of labels.

Old 2009-07-25, 9:01am
Does it come in purple?

I use Vista for my cards. You can use their templates and add your own photo for a nominal cost. Their service is good and fast.

Carlisle Hellcat, OGSI generator, propane
Old 2009-07-25, 9:53am

Vista user here as well. Cheap, fast and customizable. I have my nail business on one side and jewelry business on other side of card. I sell my jewelry at the salon so same addy and phone number for both businesses.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2009-07-25, 10:58am
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

avery has perforated card sheets and at their site (avery.com) they have templates you can either download to fill with word or you can make it right there at the site and print.
I also use Corel's print house, it comes with some very nice templates for Avery and other brands.

Giving
a try!
Old 2009-07-25, 11:37am
I fart diamonds

I usually make my own cards using MS Publisher or Photoshop but I was playing around with the card maker on Avery.com and they turned out awesome. I was really surprised because I used low res photos, but you can't even tell.

Old 2009-07-25, 7:49pm

Thanks for all the help I am going to go try again tomorrow and see what I get.

I like them to look something like this...

this I like curved over the top of my bug

name
address
phone
TracyBell.etsy.com

and I like them the tall way.
I can do all this but get the email address to curve around the bug

None of the companies have a template that has curved lettering. I made these for years with a free program and little effort we moved so I have needed new ones for a year!

Last edited by Beadbug; 2009-07-26 at 5:39pm.
Old 2009-07-26, 4:50am
Wait.....what?

Tracy when I open my Word program I have a drawing toolbar across the bottom of the page.
In that toolbar there a letter A that's sitting kinda sideways. That will open the "Insert Word Art" menu. You should be able to arch your lettering that way and turn it all on the side so you're printing the cards the tall way too.

Old 2009-07-26, 5:39pm

Thanks for the help everyone

Old 2009-07-26, 6:20pm

Hi Tracy,
I ordered my cards from overnightprints.com who is currently having a 20% off sale. I got 1000 two-sided business cards for $49.52 which included shipping. I used to make cards using MS Publisher but found that between the price of the business card stock and printer ink ordering them is cheaper and easier.

Audrey

Old 2009-07-26, 7:47pm

I PM'ed you about putting it together for you if you want.

I have used 4over4.com in the past and been really happy with the quality (full color on both sides) and price.

That moo.com site looks really cool too!
Old 2009-07-27, 3:06pm

I just ordered some off the moo.com but would still love to be able to print some of my own. When the moo order comes I will let ya know how they look.

Old 2009-07-27, 4:25pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bead_bug View Post
I just ordered some off the moo.com but would still love to be able to print some of my own. When the moo order comes I will let ya know how they look.
Moo cards rock! I get the mini cards all the time. I'm sure you will love them.
Old 2009-07-27, 4:31pm
Does it come in purple?

The mini cards from Moo look really sweet, love the little keychain holder you can get for them. That way you never get caught without a business card!

Carlisle Hellcat, OGSI generator, propane
Old 2009-07-27, 4:36pm
Experimentalist

If you just need a new graphic with the words curved around the bug, pm me. Then you can go from there to make biz cards with whoever/whatever program you want most likely.

Old 2009-07-27, 4:44pm
Experimentalist

Old 2009-07-28, 12:31pm

Thanks so much for your help Laura. I got it all under control now and the one you did I am going to use for little cards to send out with my Etsy goodies.

You all are such a wonderful group.

Old 2009-07-28, 12:56pm
Experimentalist

Email me if you want a high-res tif file... otherwise, at least re-copy the jpg... I didn't realize here was a little black line on the side of the one from yesterday (sorry).

Old 2009-07-29, 3:59pm

Thank you Katie.
I found i found that tool and moved it on top bar so i can use anytime. That's perfect. Now, i can feel colors and amazing shapes.