TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Old 2009-09-14, 9:22pm

Default Jellyfish pendant?

k so im looking for a jellyfish pendant tut. so iv made jellyfish a couple days ago using some borosticks sky blue with forest green dots byt taking 6mm or 11mm? just like reg size clear boro rod like the size that colours come in and i take that and put 4-7 lines of colour with blue stringers then melt in abit but not fully then encase in clear then with a stringer i wrap around the clear at the top of the rod to have the effect of the tenticals comming out of the muchroom cap like thing. i then either ad another set of lines around the outside then encase again or just encase again. i find that just encasing looks better but i made these wit ha loop and there just round like something ud hang in a window about 1 inch big and my cousin and her dughter which is 3 or 4 have been given 2 of these by me and said theyd like to use these for necklaces well i dont think they will make a nice necklace because of no flat surface so any tutorials on a jelly fish pendant would be GREAT and colout combos would be amazing

sorry for spelling mistakes

and if any one wants i will make a video and writen and pictorial of how i do this, of course edited to proper english

Last edited by d2063614; 2009-09-14 at 9:33pm.
Old 2009-09-14, 9:33pm

Mary Lockwood has a great Jellyfish tutorial and you should be able to implement it into a pendant. Check out the tutorial section (for purchase)
It's a great tutorial!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-09-14, 10:12pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
Mary Lockwood has a great Jellyfish tutorial and you should be able to implement it into a pendant. Check out the tutorial section (for purchase)
It's a great tutorial!
thank you i will look into that iv heard good htings about her tuts and the free ones are great

Last edited by d2063614; 2009-09-15 at 9:51pm.
Old 2009-09-15, 8:37am
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
It's a great tutorial!
Agreed!!!! I love it!

Here's a pic. of one of the beads I made using Mary's tutorial...I'm sure it can be adapted to pendants, too!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-09-15, 8:52am
Mary Lockwood

I've used the techniques in my tutorial for offhand work. They are actually slight adaptations of common offhand techniques to begin with, so they translate over very well.

Or, you could put them on a mandrel and make them as beads for your cousin and her daughter to use in their jewelry.

I'm sitting here at my desk with 5 brand new jellyfish focals all photographed and ready to upload to etsy- I really hate that part. LOL Just mentioning it because I'll have them done within an hour or so and you can take a look at what I have to help you decide if my tutorial would be something that could help you do what you're trying to do.

Best of luck!
~~Mary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-09-15, 11:09am
I speak Murrini!

Gads, Mary - they are just so beautiful!!!! I especially like the Pink Jellyfish one....

Hugs! I think "thankfully" of you often...
De

Old 2009-09-15, 11:28am

Mary,

Can you put a link here so we can go see them? I love your jellyfishies!

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2009-09-15, 11:37am
I speak Murrini!

I clicked on the "My Etsy Shop" link in Mary's posting...got me right there!

De

Old 2009-10-04, 8:41pm

There is a video on youtube showing someone making jellyfish with boro. That's what I've used as a reference. I love the seascapes I've seen on some of the soft glass beads on LE. My boro jellyfish are a work in progress but I flatten the back, add frit, make a loop and call it a pendant.