Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2011-12-31, 2:43am

Default PAPPASHOP Review! MUST read

This is a very unprofessional business! Really uncaring and they were very rude to me.
I asked for help because my site was down and they ignore me. They give help tickets but they are about as
good as wishing on a star that papashop will contact you. They should
name them NoHelpTickets. all they say is "it's not our problem, it's your problem"
I do not recommend. Also, if you give them a bad review they suddenly threaten to sue you.
Pretending to have a "lawyer"... fake. But I am not breaking any laws by giving my opinion or reporting what I see.

Last edited by Patrickv; 2012-01-03 at 1:50am.
Old 2011-12-31, 9:40am

Great video. It's people like that that make me fear for my husband commuting every day to work. Makes my stomach turn. To top it off they have kids in the car. How trashy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-12-31, 10:40am
Storm Queen

Well, if they ever get into a car accident and seriously hurt or kill someone, that would get used by the prosecution.

Old 2011-12-31, 12:32pm
Salt Box Beads

I dropped them years ago after only a few weeks! I think that video was the most boring one I have ever watched, I couldn't even finish it.

They are on the top of my list in my little black book. Yes, I keep a little black book of people and businesses to remind me not to ever do business with them.

The last two years the entries have increased damatically along with my ignore list on LE. Sheesh! I couldn't keep track anymore and had to start my little black book.

It's so sad because you see people here on LE that are steller at customer service, they make it look easy and I believe it is because they are kind people to begin with and have great business ethics.
Old 2011-12-31, 1:05pm
uncouthful cats

This is not the first (nor the second) negative thread I've seen here about this company. It seems when they go rogue they do it big time. I'm sorry you are in this situation.

Oh no! The cats forgot to vacuum AGAIN!
Old 2011-12-31, 1:06pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I had a Pappashop website for less than a month. I got zero help from them.

I have my website with Janelle Zorko (http://www.pigeonpointglass.com/) She merged two websites into one and it was seamless. It looks just like what I would have done if I knew how or had the time.

Old 2011-12-31, 1:18pm
Jacqueline Parkes

All four of them are on electronic devices while in the car, including the driver who has two children.

Unfreaking believable. And then she posts it for all the world to see.

Old 2011-12-31, 1:24pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I am confused. Is this the same JayChantell that creates lampwork beads?

Old 2011-12-31, 1:27pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
It is...

Old 2011-12-31, 1:27pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
Yes.

Old 2011-12-31, 1:35pm
Jacqueline Parkes

That is REALLY dissapointing.

Old 2011-12-31, 2:12pm
one day at a time

Why would anyone be dumb enough to have a video of themselves drunk and on YouTube?? For the whole world to see?!
Old 2011-12-31, 2:16pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Just because they own a business doesn't mean they aren't allowed a social life outside of that... the video is stoopid but it's not illegal.

Old 2011-12-31, 2:31pm
Storm Queen

Nobody said it was illegal. Lisi said it was dumb, you said it was stoopid. I think everyone is in agreement.

Old 2011-12-31, 2:39pm

They really need to be working instead of posting videos of themselves online drunk and driving whilst on the playing games on the phone.
Investing time into pappashop would be time better spent.

Last edited by Patrickv; 2012-01-03 at 1:52am.
Old 2011-12-31, 2:59pm
Salt Box Beads

If she is allowing her child to 'have a drink' that is illegal and if texting/game playing was going on while driving that also is illegal.
Old 2011-12-31, 3:24pm
Serenity Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Nobody said it was illegal. Lisi said it was dumb, you said it was stoopid. I think everyone is in agreement.
Word.

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2011-12-31, 3:38pm

I found them to be very rude too after having their services for years when I had an issue. Been very happy with the customer service I receive at Inmotion Hosting.
Old 2011-12-31, 4:07pm
Still makin' flowers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom View Post
Just because they own a business doesn't mean they aren't allowed a social life outside of that... the video is stoopid but it's not illegal.
Actually, I think it actually is illegal to text and drive here in Ohio. But apparently not... wherever they are.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2011-12-31, 4:29pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I meant the drinking and posting to YouTube wasn't illegal. It;s illegal in California to text/talk on the cell phone here in Cali too.

I couldn't even watch the whole "giggling/drinking" video. It was annoying. If they were serving their kid alcohol they need a clue.

Old 2011-12-31, 4:42pm
Bohemian Bead Peddler

So wait a minute - the blonde lady OWNS Papashop and she puts these videos of herself on youtube AND she makes lampwork beads?

Holy shit.

Old 2011-12-31, 4:48pm
Storm Queen

Old 2011-12-31, 6:17pm
I speak Murrini!

Gul! How embarrassing! I'm entertaining input for any host that I can move to...I have really not been happy with PS but because I used one of their "website builders" (who seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth - emails bounce back as undeliverable after countless tries to reach them). I need to either start my own site that I can "build" from the ground up (assuming the new host provides "templates") or find someone else to build it for me AGAIN! What a HUGE waste of $ they have been to me...

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2011-12-31, 7:23pm
Serenity Now!

I switched to www.3dcart.com over a year ago, and aboslutely love the service and features. Just for the record - PS can still kiss my a**! They totally suck on so many levels professionally, and those videos are not only disturbing, but disgusting - again, on so many levels.

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2011-12-31, 9:15pm
Cat Lady

Dreamhost is a very professional and capable Webhost.

I've also had terrible experiences with Pappashop as a site user. Pappashop's support is unprofessional, condescending and uninterested in fixing problems. They have cost at least one glass vendor my business - no grudge against the vendor, but I just can't get the site to work correctly.
Old 2011-12-31, 10:58pm

She is really crazy, I can not fathom how her husband can stand it.

Last edited by Patrickv; 2012-01-03 at 1:53am.
Old 2012-01-01, 12:00am

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
Gul! How embarrassing! I'm entertaining input for any host that I can move to...I have really not been happy with PS but because I used one of their "website builders" (who seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth - emails bounce back as undeliverable after countless tries to reach them). I need to either start my own site that I can "build" from the ground up (assuming the new host provides "templates") or find someone else to build it for me AGAIN! What a HUGE waste of $ they have been to me...
I also had used one of their website builders and when it quit working I could not get any help. I ended up buying one of their standard website designs to keep going. Now the new template has a color change? and they have not fixed it even though they keep saying they will. I will look into another host, I have just been lazy about it because I didn't want to spend more money to get a new template/page built. The first one was a lot of change!!!

Old 2012-01-01, 1:27am

All these people seem to be real customers, with all the same concerns.
Old 2012-01-01, 1:54am
beads....mmmm

I have no horse in this race, but I can offer referrals for those of you seeking new sites.

The software used for Pappashop used to be optioncart. I imagine it's still the same software. I used to build sites with this software and Site Builder. Anyway, while the company doesn't sell directly to the public, they do have a list of resellers here. They have some really good designers there.

When I did this kind of work, the client owned the license to the software. You'd have to check and see if you own the license. If not, it's pretty inexpensive. You can get a new designer to install and design for you from the link above.

I didn't offer hosting - as such, I still have a full head of hair. You may want to keep you hosting separate from the designer - just good policy, I think. I can recommend dreamhost.com I have well over a hundred client sites there and we've never had any major issues. (touch wood!)

If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to assist. I am not seeking web work - just offering assistance for LE peeps.

::
Old 2012-01-01, 2:33am

WOW how a business response to issues shows what kind of business they are and this does not look so good.