Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-07-01, 6:54pm

We are flying directly into Eugene and avoiding the drive Also heading in early (Friday) for the FlameOff

May take Mon and Tuesday to do some sight seeing.... not sure where yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-07-01, 7:13pm
I'm meeeeelting

Fun! If you want beach, Florence isn't too far from Eugene.

I plan to drive to Portland on Mon., goof off there for the rest of the day, collect Kris at PDX on Tues. morning and then head to Eugene.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2010-07-02, 5:03am

Patty - just on the south end of Portland is a Phoenix Inn I've stayed in several times that's very nice AND - has a nice breakfast to go with it

Old 2010-07-02, 7:49am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hey you sweeties! GET YOUR ROOMS NOW! Eugene Celebration is the same weekend and hotels will go fast!!!

Remember, there is room in the hostel too, email John Lindquist!

It is an easy 2 hour drive on I-5 like Felicia said. There are some hotels listed on EGS site too! I am staying at Hughs for the Flame Off and then in a motorhome with a friend behind the venue for GS so I can be onsite at all times.
Wooohooo! xoxo debs

Old 2010-07-02, 7:52am
Wooohooo,GS!

PS There is also lots of camping in Veneta, 8 miles west of Eugene. If you go to the country fair site (Eugene Country Fair) and click on camping they have several sites for the fair that are pretty close to the venue (10 miles) that I noticed when I bought my fair tickets. Hope that helps too!
debs

Old 2010-07-03, 7:42am

Just checking to see if the newsletter went out July 2nd, I don't seem to have recieved a copy ? My mailserver seems to be acting up a bit.

Thanks

Penny
Old 2010-07-03, 8:29am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi Penny! I worked on it late last night and wanted to preview it with my coffee this am. I am on porch now finishing the 2nd cup and then I will be sending it along.

Thanks for your patience everyone!

Hugs, deb

Old 2010-07-03, 8:55am
Wooohooo,GS!

Ok, July Newsletter is out with a ton of info in it! Make sure to print these letters out and then you can cross off items as you get them in. Remember to contact the people in charge of those bits of information we need, especially your names spelled out for double check with sizes for T-Shirts.

If you have questions they can't answer, please email me!

Have a safe and fun 4rth of July! I am having a get together tomorrow so will check back with you all Monday!

Have a glorious Independence Day too!
Hugs and fireworks, debs

Old 2010-07-03, 2:08pm

Thanks deb ! Got it ,on our way to the oregon coast with ur vino! lol!
We will be in yachats at the campground from the 15-17 so delivery round that time !
Chiao.
Penny
Old 2010-07-05, 11:12am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Penny! Give me a call when you get settled and we'll pick a time to meet I am headed to Seattle the 18th for a few days so that works out perfect! See you then sweetie!

Hope everyone had a great Independence Day, I sure did! I got to watch my 3 year old granddaughter see "fireworkies" for the first time under the Yaquina Bridge...beautiful, long show over the bay. It was a great time and she was so happy!

Ahhhh...summmmmmer!
Hugs, deb

Old 2010-07-06, 9:59pm

Awesome Deb, we came thru your area july 5,with all the traffic heading back to portland !
In california now, but see you next week, call you when we are in the area again, sounds like you had an excellent july 4th, the coast is soooo beautiful right now ! Happy to see the sun !!!
looking so forward to meeting you !
TTFN

Penny
Old 2010-07-10, 7:56am
Wooohooo,GS!

Aw, Penny, you should have stopped, we had a great July 4rth party here! The fire so works are so pretty over water!

I just got back from the Country Fair, it was awesome but SOOOOO hot that people were spraying everyone with water, my little grandaughter was a trooper though. Between that and the crowds the 92 degrees felt like 110, there are supposed to be 20k people today, twice what there was yesterday Sure glad my friends there told us to go Friday!

Penny, I am headed to Portland on the 16th early and then on to Seattle, I hope we can meet on the 15th!! We moved the dates up a couple days, my daughter is a head and neck surgeon up there and they moved her "on call" days so we are doing the ferries on Puget Sound and some of the islands again over the weekend.

Sorry to move it up but I don't get a chance to see my daughter very often, hope that is ok with you!
Hugs, deb

Old 2010-07-12, 8:43am

no worries deb we are back in oregon,I love this coast ! the 15th sounds great we are camping at beachside in yachats that day so I will call you on the 14th to make a plan ! Hope all goes well for your daughter !
Talk to you soon

Penny
Old 2010-07-15, 10:54pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Penny, it sure was nice to meet you! What a great trip, Harleys from Canada, wow! You are so sweet, thank you for the wine and sorry it was such a rushed visit! Next time you and your hubby can sit and enjoy it with me after some torching!

I am SO sorry to say we will not be graced with Lea Avroch's lovely smile and great classes, she is having back surgery earlier than expected. The sweet girl was trying to wait until after GS so she could teach there. We sure will miss her this year! We have had to cancel one class (Right angle weave) and I am brushing up on spiral rope with a few bracelets on the road. I have 12 hours, should be about right! We are trying to get Marie rescheduled to teach that, if not, I will be

Bernie has graciously agreed to teach the Kumihimo and was open that time slot.

Let us all send well wishes to Lea for a speedy recovery (she has a few weeks to wait yet), less pain and I hope you come back next year raring to go! Hugs and love!

Ok everyone, I am headed to Seattle tomorrow...hold down the GS fort girls!
Be back on Tuesday....hoping to catch sight of a whale or two on the sound, what a spectacular place! We are doing the full ferry trip, a long and fantastic day on Sat!

Hugs, deb

Old 2010-07-16, 8:17am
Master Procrastinator

Deb, what a wonderful person you are! I really hated to hoist this on you. I know how much time & energy you put into the schedule. I'm so thankful for your understanding. I am missing you all already, but will just keep thinking of next year to keep me going.

Huge hugs!
Lea

Old 2010-07-17, 1:25am

Deb I could teach the right angle weave class. I know how to do it. If you dont want to cancel.
Let me know if you are interested. I could probably teach the spiral class I think it is the same one that I have done before.

Lea, I am so sorry you have to do surgery and can't get is way sooner or have it wait

Old 2010-07-17, 5:49am
Light My Torch

I also know how to do all of the beading stitches. I could and would be willing to help out.
So sorry that you will not be able to join us. I know how if feels to have back problems! I hope that you have a speedy recover and good luck.

Old 2010-07-17, 8:46am
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

Lea, I'm praying for a successful surgery for you. I'm sure your happy and sad about it all at the same time; you'll be fine and better than new when its done. Healing, loving light to you.

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2010-07-18, 9:48am
Wooohooo,GS!

Lea, you are a gem and we are super glad to have you, ANY year!

You will sail through this and feel a lot better! I have had a bad back from an accident for over 20 years and some days, horrible sciatica! So I know how you feel, just wouldn't let them fuse my back at 30 years old. Intolerable pain bites!

Lori and Jeri, you guys ROCK! Thanks so much for the offers! We have staff stepping in, Bernie will do the Kumihimo and Marie (with Doretha's help) will gear up for the spiral rope. They are on staff already and were open those times. We have such a super group of instructors, they are all well versed in most of the classes after teaching for me for so many years.

Obviously the attendees are just as awesome, we really ARE a big family! Those new to GS this year will see and feel it too, a very heartwarming gathering and some incredible connections!

BIG hugs, prayers, love and light your way Lea, we sure will miss you though!

xoxoxo debs

Old 2010-07-26, 4:08pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi everyone! Back from Seattle, we sure had a great time! It was incredibly nice to have my kids in one place, such great weather and spectacular scenery (Puget Sound). A wonderful break for 5 days!

I am ready to send info to the printers on names but am missing a couple sizes! Please check your emails to see if I need a size and name spell check from you!

See you all in 5 weeks, Aug newsletter coming out soon!
Hugs, deb

Old 2010-07-27, 5:12am

I'm so glad you had a great time with your family. Those times are what makes like worth living.
Five more weeks? Not sure I can wait that long. Can't wait. Want to come now. Is it time yet?
Old 2010-07-27, 5:28am

Deb ~ Sounds like a wonderful time with family. You so deserve it.

5 weeks.... did you say 5 weeks!!!! Yikes, time is flying... heading out to the studio to practice, practice, practice.....

Can't wait!

Old 2010-07-27, 3:03pm

Hi Deb,
Great to meet you and we'll be back again for sure! Made it home on Sunday, but my bike broke down on Vancouver Island, tow truck ride home for me and it ! Always an adventure and a fabulous time away!
Awesome to hear you had a wonderful time with your family !
Can't believe time is flying by ! See you in a few weeks again, can't wait to be back in oregon !
Old 2010-07-27, 6:19pm
Type ZZZ personality

I just booked my flight and car for GS10!!! I'm so freakin' excited I can't stand it!!

I'm headed to Portland on Friday the 27th. I want to spend some time checking out Portland and then head to Eugene on Monday. Or I'll got the Flame Off. Haven't decided yet.

Who's going to the Flame Off?

Squeeeeeeeee!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2010-07-28, 1:37pm
Angel's Mom

5 weeks!!! Can't wait to see everyone and melt some glass!
Old 2010-07-29, 12:52am

I am so excited that it is already here but I am just as nervous about the demo part as I was last year. I have not been able to get on the torch since I left glass stock last year. I sure hope I get some time before we go. I need some trade beads too

Old 2010-07-29, 7:11am
Wooohooo,GS!

Aw, you girls are the bestest ever! Thanks so much Joan, Les and Patty! It was an incredible time, I never get enough time with my kids! Came home with some wonderful lavender starts from Squim, on the Olympic Penn and beautiful there!

Lori, you did great last year! It is over quick and then you can relax, I still get a little nervous too, lol!

Kris, me too, can't wait to give you a big hug!

We are all going to the Flame Off, caravan style. We are going to have a blast, you don't want to miss it Patty! Besides, we are having my birthday celebration there on Sat during Flame Off like last year, come celebrate it with us! EGS is family, they are so great to me!

Penny, you are a sweetie! What an awesome bike too, wow, you are amazing. It was wonderful meeting you too, come and play sometime! Sorry about your bike, but then, life worth living is full of adventure and great memories! Glad you made it home safe!

Shirt designs, logos, names are done and headed to print, I drew a cute cartoon with help from my DIL, this year they are a dark grey.

Woooohoooo, 5 weeks from today, I am soooooo excited to see/meet everyone again!

BIG hugs, deb

Last edited by deb c; 2010-07-29 at 7:15am.
Old 2010-07-29, 7:17am
Wooohooo,GS!

PS, yes, the window went in just great and looks fabulous, Nikki is really thrilled! Plus, I made it so she can take it with her when she finishes residency.

Yippee! Plus it was fun to pull out the old soldering iron!
Hugs deb

Last edited by deb c; 2010-07-29 at 7:18am. Reason: typo
Old 2010-08-02, 6:55am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hey everyone! I had students over the weekend and didn't get the newsletter done. I will have it out tonight, this will be the last newsletter reminding you of some important tasks!

PLEASE send your demo info to Doretha ASAP so we can get those scheduled for Thursday morning! There will be a reminder in the newsletter with her email! IF you don't tell us what you are doing we may just pick something for you...(JK) but it is mandatory!

Also, we will have a letter coming in the next week or so from the Auction committee (Sue and Morgan) about the silent auction. This is optional, it helps keep GS going and we sure appreciate any donation to the cause!

The budget to have it at EGS is much higher but it is worth it for the event being all in one building and not having to move my entire studio somewhere! The auctions (Silent and Man auction) sure help defray those higher costs. Plus with almost 60 classes offered this year the supply totals are much higher too!

This event wouldn't be possible without all of the generous help of the staff and all of you attendees!

I would also like to announce that I have paid almost $1,300 in advance for the staff food budget! ALL staff (anyone who is teaching, even one class!) and tech people will receive $40 in food coupons, enough to eat 2 meals a day for the full 4 days, woohoo! The Man Auction will help defray that cost, lets all help feed the wonderful staff that keep this event great by bidding on "my men"! The men get to keep half, the other half goes to GS staff food.

I am off to get that newsletter finished and sent out by tonight.

See you all very soon!
Hugs, deb

Old 2010-08-06, 7:59am
Wooohooo,GS!

I have really great news!
Leslie has graciously offered her notary services for the waivers again this year! The cost is a bead or two and she will be doing notaries Wed evening at the Meet and Greet from 6-9pm. This will save us time Thursday morning getting all 90 people into the event before the 8am safety meeting. You MUST have these waivers in hand with picture ID to enter Thursday morning!

Melody is handling the name tags, you must have these tags on to enter building at anytime.

Thank you Melody and Leslie!

We also awarded 5 scholarships this year, one of which is Mitchelle Toxey medical scholarship. We never announce who got them. 2 extra scholarships were my choice to award and I felt it would make a big difference in their art and muse.

Have a great weekend everyone, see you all in 2-3 weeks (I will be time keeping again at Flame Off, hope to see you there!)

Hugs and a big wooohoooo! deb