Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2007-11-29, 10:40pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Default Juried Art Services

Has anyone here used Juried Art Services to assemble, store and submit applications for Calls for Entries/Artists?

www.juriedartservices.com

Also Available in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-11-30, 5:19am

Tink, I have. I used their service to submit work for the Guild. I wasn't accepted, but since I'm signed up for their service, I get emails about all types of different calls for art entries.

Old 2007-11-30, 8:03am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Thanks for responding, Lydia

There are a couple of other similar services out there in Internetland, too. It's all so labor intensive. LOL! I guess I'm just getting lazy (and jaded) in my old age.

Also Available in

Old 2008-04-04, 8:21am

Jinx,

Did you try JAS? I really like the service; Zapplication is good, too--not quite as demanding as Juried Art Services. I like getting the calls for entries.

I was wait-listed for the one show I applied for ... but I'm still happy. So much easier than submitting via snail mail ... the armchair artist!

Nolly
Old 2008-04-04, 8:24am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

I use JAS, but I've been kind of disappointed that more of the calls aren't for exhibits as opposed to shows. It's a great service though!

Also Available in

Old 2008-04-07, 8:18pm
doyenne of the homebodies

I've never thought about using a service like this...glad I saw this thread!

Andrea
Old 2008-04-08, 4:59am

I have used both JAS and ZAPP shows. They are pretty easy to use once you have your pics uploaded. However, the bad thing about JAS and ZAPP shows is that they get loads of entries for each show since they are so easy to apply to, and require only the jury fee up front. (Most shows require a booth fee at the same time that you apply.) This means that they tend to have rather extensive wait lists. In the past I wasn't big on having to fork over the booth fee, but I actually prefer that since it causes people to have to commit to a show instead of signing up for 10 shows on the same weekend, and then deciding later to pick just one of them.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2008-04-11, 5:01am
Glass Wrangler

I've used Juried Art Service. Done ok with them getting in to shows. I like the fact that I can see how my images view. I've always wondered how they're shown at various juries. But I agree with Eric. The larger shows were always hard to get into , but now the smaller shows that are using Zapp and JAS are getting harder to get into because it's sooooo easy to apply without committing your booth fee to the application. But I feel that this is the way of the future with the digital images. I'm finding it hard to find slide film outside of the large cities and finding someone to develop them is getting harder too.

Oh well, going digital makes us get new jury slides and teaches this old dog new tricks.

Char

Old 2008-11-01, 4:08am
Renee

I've used JAS and had really good luck with them 2 for 2. Much easier than Zapp once you are set up. Renee

"All unattended children will be given an expresso and a FREE puppy!"
Old 2009-01-15, 8:10am

I used an online service to convert my digital images into slides: http://www.iprintfromhome.com/

It was so easy!

Nolly