LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-11-06, 8:58am
Run Free Sweet Boy

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, thanks folks.... and if ya wanna send some good vibes my way, I am scheduled for 11 eastern tomorrow for the big stick. I have had lots of myelograms over the years.. so I know whats comming. I have a lot of scar tissue inthe area they need to do the injection of the dye so its kinda tough. The man who does them has tons of notes in my file and he has to go at a lil diff angle than normal... my plan.. take the good drugs before I leave for the hospital. And I can get a shot of demerol after if I need it... Thank god it doesnt take long, but man is it intense, and ya cant move.... but I can handle it.

Meanwhile I have something really good things happeneing to take my mind off of things, and hubby is taking me out to texas de brazil for dinner tonight. I can eat all the filet mingnon I can hold, and the lobster bisque is to die for. And they have this fabulous goat cheese on the salad bar and really scripy sour dough bread to put it on... and the tut isabout to be born....

ok. off to my PT appointment, and will keep you pdated when its on the web page.. and send out the emails to those who have requested it as soon as its done

diet.. what diet?

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2008-11-06, 9:17am
Chrissy

Candice you are one trooper, me I almost faint at the sight of a needle ( and I worked in the dental field for 30 some years) My prayers are with you ...take the calming drugs.
Please put me on the mailing list too Candice.
Eat up sounds like a fun dinner...... yummmmmm!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-11-06, 9:38am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Yay! I am so excited to get this tutorial!

<---------------- has neon tubing and is ready to rock and roll

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-11-06, 11:02am
Run Free Sweet Boy

Chrissy and others... its best to email me directly at patienthand@cfl.rr.com
to be put on the email list to notify when the tutorial is finished. I am keeping a list in my email folders and its easier for me to just drag and drop you in that file from my email.

Thanks for the good wishes.....

Candice

Old 2008-11-06, 11:06am
Run Free Sweet Boy

Oh... one more thing.. I have decided on 25.00 for the tutorial. I was deliberating between the 25 and 35 mark and decided I would rather sell more at the lower price.

remember this thing has 9 chapters on glass technique. 4 icicles 4 ornaments and puling and straightening points, so its jam packed with pictures and info. I think its a deal considering you get so many different things for the price.

Candice

Old 2008-11-06, 11:13am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I am totally cool with $25 - I am excited

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-11-06, 11:56am
Irish Eyes A Smiling

$25 sounds like quite a bargain! Just emailed you to be added to what I'm sure is an extensive list!

Old 2008-11-06, 12:19pm
Chrissy

Thanks Candice....$25.00 is good for me too!!!

Old 2008-11-06, 12:24pm
Newfoundland lover!

I'll be sending you white light and protection tomorrow, especailly at 11 am!
$25.- is great. I am emailing you.
Enjoy that dinner!!!

I used to live in Orlando from 2000-2002. Wished I knew you then. we could have played with glass-tho I hadn't taken classes yet.

Lynx, tanked propane, M-10 oxy and refurb oxy -5.
Old 2008-11-06, 12:35pm
Does it come in Purple???

Good luck with your procedure. I can't wait.

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2008-11-06, 12:37pm
Tinder Bloom Studio

Yahoooo!!! $25 is something I can dooo!! (too much cofffeee)

Old 2008-11-06, 4:22pm

Yeah!!! $25.00 is awesome!!! ... I'm emailing you now.

Thanks for all your hard work!!!

Think happy thoughts and my prayers go out to you.

Cheryl

Old 2008-11-06, 7:46pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

Merigypsy,

I wasnt in orlando then. I was in bonita springs taking care of my mom. I moved to orlando on 03 when I married marty. Before bonita springs I had lived above asheville NC on 40 acres of heaven. Living in the burbs is um interesting.... I miss my woods and quiet.

we are kinda stuck here for now, we care for my mom in law who will be 91 in december, and marty retires in 5 more years.. then I am headong back to the hills as fast as I can. But for now, I have no regrets, taking care of family is important to me, and my mom in law is a gem.

Candice

Old 2008-11-06, 8:10pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by patienthand View Post
Oh... one more thing.. I have decided on 25.00 for the tutorial. I was deliberating between the 25 and 35 mark and decided I would rather sell more at the lower price.

remember this thing has 9 chapters on glass technique. 4 icicles 4 ornaments and puling and straightening points, so its jam packed with pictures and info. I think its a deal considering you get so many different things for the price.

Candice
$25?? OMG! You guys don't know what a fantastic deal that is!! I'm lucky enough to actually know Candice and I've already seen the tut in it's unfinished form. It was worth more than $25 at the halfway point. With all the information she included, it's definitely a bargain.

Just a forewarning. It's not easy, lol. PPP!!! You should see my feeble (fugly) 1st attempts.

They're a lot of fun, though, and once I get a few more under my belt, I'll post some pics.

Old 2008-11-06, 8:20pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I would love to see your pics, Nette - and it is good to see you again!

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-11-06, 8:32pm
Newfoundland lover!

Candice,
Right there with you on taking care of family, good for you.
Thank goodness for torchwork it is such a great outlet as well as many great things!

I am Heeding Shanettes warning- Shawnette , you are talented! I'll keep my expectations low for filling my tree with perfect ornaments and just have fun practicing!

Old 2008-11-06, 10:10pm
I speak Murrini!

Thanks for the forewarning, Shawnette, and the encouragement! We are all practically whipping ourselves into a frenzy, aren't we?

Truth is, though, I'm equally looking forward to the "icicles" portion of this tutorial as much as anything, as I think it might be more within my skill level and torch "power" - but will hope to work my way up to the ornaments level eventually. I'm sure there will be more than just "how to make ornaments" type information in there...

I've sort of gotten to know Candice a bit while following this thread and I believe she's put a lot of her heart and soul into this project; that kind of information is priceless, and influences far beyond the parameters of the tutorial itself...it's true CORE teaching!

Hope she's doing OK - I'm saying a prayer for her tonight!

DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-11-06, 11:28pm
giggety-giggety

Good Luck with everything tomorrow Candice!
Good Lord! 25.? That sounds WAY cheap. I'll pm you to add my name to the list too. Thanks for all your hard work!

I was just wishin' you could've "threw together" a one page "cliff note version" for those of us who want to be an expert right away. hehehhe.....hehehe.... I would pay double for that!

My etsy:

Old 2008-11-07, 5:08am
Run Free Sweet Boy

lololol Beth.. you remeber how long it took you to get consistent with making your neon bends? plan on that for ornaments too. The lil mini ornaments out of 10mm will be the easiest to master, and I have a rank beginner student who has learned those fairly quickly. And Shawnette and I had some serious laughs as she tried them. It does take a lot of practice, I wont blow smoke up your skirts. hollow work is far different than solid glass

I used to get frustrated in the early years and the guy I learned from would say...its all about putting glass in the fire

the meaning was, its just a matter of practice, and ya gotta enjoy the journey and figure its one more fugly closer to being a lean mean ornament machine.

I have done the e book/tutorial in a progression that should help you build skills, and I do suggest you begin the hollow work with frits and powders. I think you will have more success.

In case you didnt know.. I made the entire tutorial on a minor torch, so it can be done.

Candice

Old 2008-11-07, 5:32am

Ok Candice. You got me. Add me to both lists, the one for the tut and the one that is sending goo thoughts you way today.
Joan
Old 2008-11-07, 1:05pm
I speak Murrini!

Candice...

If you're reading this, LAY BACK DOWN or I'm coming over there to kick some booty!!! Just kidding...sort of!

I received my hollow 104 tube in white from Moretti and More today - it's a nice size (about 1/2" diameter) and it looks great! I'm really getting excited about this - but I am a patient lot and I have to wait for my Cricket anyway. That should give me just enough time to read through your tutorial when purchasable, let's say, oh about 50 times - which is what I'd do anyway without even lighting a torch to try!

Take care, girl! Hope you had a fairly easy time of it, enjoyed that mahvelous sounding dinner (yum, lobster bisque!) and we'll see you when you're feeling better!

If you get a chance before putting the tut out (just so I can be ready) could you please point me in the right direction on where to find a "cutting file" or let me know what type of tube cutting thing (cheap, if possible!) I'll need. I asked in an earlier post, but I think it got lost in the mix...

Hugs (gentle!) for now,
DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-11-07, 4:53pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

hi,

I use a fine tooth bastard file, any hardware store.... or when you are at your local neon supplier ask them for a glass file. I sharpen my files on a grinder, but when you make neon signs you cut tube all day.

Ok, I admit I had to check the thread, been sitting up 5 min and rready to get horizontal again.

Myelogram was ruthless, but am though it now, hope I dont need another for years to come. Demerol is my friend.

Candice

Old 2008-11-07, 6:15pm
Tinder Bloom Studio

Awww...Lay Down!!! Enjoy your Demerol

Old 2008-11-07, 6:48pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

glad it is over!

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-11-08, 7:02pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

Hi Folks,

I have been working on the final edit today. I am managing to sit up for short periods, and am moving around a bit more today. so here is some info on the tutorial

there are 193 pictures and 78 pages in the document.

I have sent of the final corrections to my computer gal and should have the PDF back tomorrow. My web page buddy was here today and will get the page ready tonight for the tutorial and the password. So.. I am almost there folks.

I apologize for being late with this tutorial, but health has been an issue. But I am by no means slacking...

Candice

Old 2008-11-08, 7:12pm

I'm glad you're feeling better today.

Thank-you so much for what you're doing. Before these posts I had no idea you could do this with soft glass.
Old 2008-11-08, 8:15pm
Newfoundland lover!

Candice,
You are not slacking!
So glad you are feeling a little better. take care of you.
sounds terrific.
thanks
Merilee

Oh and Beth I got the tubing A-okay!

Old 2008-11-08, 8:48pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

Thanks for the support and understanding... I am feeling a bit guilty. You guys have been great and patient, and I really do hope you like the tutorial. I have worked rreally hard on it and will be here to supprt you in your efforts to learn blown work.

I started out 32 years ago on soft glass. I still get frustrated with boro when doing the color overlay work, like whats in the tutorial. I love the color pallette of the soft glass, and the colors will spread so much nicer, and it doesnt bubble like boro will. When I learned I use a gas air torch, called a 7 point crossfire. I still prefer to work on that style torch for soft glass, and it took me a bit to transfer over to an oxy torch for soft glass.

Lots of folks swear by boro, or swear by soft glass, but I think each has its advantages and drawbacks. Some things are better made in boro, and some are better suited for soft glass, but in the end its all glass, and the techniques are the same.

When you learn blown work in soft glass, you are forced to practice good habits about keeping the glass warm and paying attention to stress in the glass. It may be a bit more of a challenge in the beginning, but I think the habits you learn will benefit you as you advance in glasswork.

I am making palns for more tutorials down the road on vessesls and perfumes as well as other items. I have also been asked to begin to write for glassline again. If I am up to it I will go next week and do the pics and interview with Ray Olsen on a goblet made with moretti using a mini blowpipe. I am also fiddling with having some tools made and working on some new techniques.

It feels really good to be back in glass again after 7 years away from the torch. Thanks so much for your friendship. I feel like I have gotten to know a few folks though this thread. Its been a long road back, struggling with health issues and a few inner demons. Its folks like you that encourage me, and make m feel welcome, and to want to share the things I have learned.

LE is an amazing place.

Candice

Old 2008-11-08, 9:08pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Don't worry - even the most impatient of us understands delays, etc and just want you to be well. No need to feel bad for making the tutorial all it can be

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-11-08, 11:00pm
MacGalver

Candice I have to agree LE is an amazing place, and you seem like a pretty amazing person, so that's a good match! I'm sure everyone who is awaiting the tut understands that your health and well-being naturally comes first.

I have a question for the group. Somebody offered me a large stash of 90 c.o.e. frit today for what seems like a good price. Is anybody interested in a possible group buy of 90 c.o.e. frit? This guy is getting out of the business and has a pretty good-sized stash he wants to sell. Can somebody tell me what a reasonable per oz. price is, so I can see if it's even worth doing? Thanks!

Jo