LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-11-09, 6:01pm
Oooooh Sparkly!

It is so great! Thanks for the offer of help when I need it. You are an angel for helping rescue animals. Taking in horses is my passion. Off to play.......
Old 2008-11-09, 6:08pm
giggety-giggety

me too! Congratulations Candice!!!!

My etsy:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-11-09, 6:16pm
Chrissy

Got my tut and its awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hats off to you Candice!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-11-09, 6:31pm
The Torch Be With You

Oh Candice! It is BEAYOOOOTIFUL!!!
Old 2008-11-09, 6:56pm
Tinder Bloom Studio

Awesome tutorial already learned a few things I didn't know/think to do and I'm just at the icicles part!

So worth every penny and more.

Thanks again

Old 2008-11-09, 7:24pm
Senior Moment

Thank you Candice for such a great tutorial!

Merry Christmas!

lysa
Old 2008-11-09, 7:46pm

Woohoo! So glad I checked back. Just sent my Paypal. Thanks!
Old 2008-11-09, 7:49pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

lili, I do recue in disaster areas with a group called Noah's Wish, travel at my own expense. and also do poodle and small dog rescue on a local level. I aloso go to trainig every year, and take lots of courses locally for both critters and humans.

Because I am a gimp, I do the paperwork and triage in a disater shelter and locally I groom and do the shelter pulls and temparametnt evals and behavior problems. Its right up there with glas as a passion.

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2008-11-09, 7:49pm
MacGalver

Just got mine... Candice it looks very thorough and easy to understand-- and I like that you give projects of graduated difficulty so people of all different skills levels can jump in and get started. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this!

Jo

Old 2008-11-09, 8:11pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

ok folks its about 10 pm eastern time, I am about to head to bed. I will send any tuts out tomorrow as soon as I get up that come in while I am crashed.

Thnaks for the kind words from everyone, I truly hope you like it and find it easy to use, even if some of the projects are advanced.

Candice

Old 2008-11-09, 8:21pm
Noobie

Wow..what a great tutorial Candice. It really shows how much time and effort you had put into it. The photos are the best.
Old 2008-11-09, 8:41pm

OOOh I I just got back from a bead show - BABE - it was a reasonable show given the current climate but I haven't made a killing yet making beads! I was lucky enough to sell a good piece of jewelry that made the difference for me. Now I want to make ornaments!

Sadie

Old 2008-11-09, 8:50pm
HotFlash Designs

Thanks Candice!!! Just sent my paypal out. Cannot wait to read it.

I hope you're feeling better soon!

Sheri

Be Curious. Not judgmental.
Old 2008-11-09, 9:07pm
Newfoundland lover!

LOVE it!!!
wow
and it is so nice what you do with the animals...
thanks!
Merilee

Lynx, tanked propane, M-10 oxy and refurb oxy -5.
Old 2008-11-09, 10:14pm
I speak Murrini!

I'll be checking back tomorrow - Candice must be exhausted!!! I'm looking forward to buying it, though.

Is anyone printing this out? I'm thinking that I'll have to run to get a print cartridge in the morning so I'm ready. I'm going to run through the thread to check if it's been mentioned already, but if Candice is going to be doing a "booklet" version of this, that would be cool, too!

Can this be put on a disc and printed at a Kinko's or something? I'd love to have it in "bound" form...

De in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-11-10, 1:16am

I'm paypaling you now. I think I can get that size file through email. Can't wait to see it.

My neighbor works at a sign shop. What type neon glass do I ask for and what don't I ask for? LOL

Old 2008-11-10, 2:32am
Run Free Sweet Boy

you want 10mm 15mm and if they have it or can order it for you 18mm and or 25mm.

all neon tubing in america is 90 coe, and as far as I know it is also 90 coe in europe, since they use the same electrodes etc that we do and the glass must be comaptible.

Candice

and yes I woke up 430 and checked the thread

Old 2008-11-10, 2:35am
Run Free Sweet Boy

oops forgot to tell you, you want clear glass nothing with flourescent powders inside. they may have scrap tubing that is a "classic" glass where the tube itself is a color, loke cobalt blue or ruby red or yellow etc. The red glass will tend to turn brown on you, but the blue and yellow would be cool.

Candice

Old 2008-11-10, 3:18am
Run Free Sweet Boy

I have no plans of getting involved with printing costs and mailing out booklets. But you are more than welcome to print this for your own use on a home printer, or put it on a c d or jump drive to take to your local kinkos etc to have it printed out and spiral bound. My only request is, that you do not share or make copies to give away or sell, that you not transmit the file to another person. This tutorial is my way of raising funds for animal rescue work and replacing my materials in the glassshop.

Candice

Old 2008-11-10, 7:29am
Rose colored glasses…√

How many dollars am I paypalling? I got a case of the "I wants". Of course, I should probably purchase some tubing as well, huh? I can only make a hollow bead with 96 COE. I should be able to get 96 COE tubing...yes?

I am aware that I could scroll through this thread and find out where to get it, but I'm REALLY BUSY at work.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2008-11-10, 8:34am
Run Free Sweet Boy

hi Chrissi

the tutorail is 25.00 and my paypal is patienthand@cfl.rr.com

I am not aware of any 96 tubing, doesnt mean its not out there, I just dunno.

you can use boro, 90 coe sign tubing, which is lead crystal, lausha tubing, the chandelier tubing thats 104 available from arrow springs, glasskolben pre pulled points( they call em spikes}

as long as your base glass and your color matches you are in like Flynn, its all the same techniques

Candice

Old 2008-11-10, 9:52am
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patienthand View Post
I have no plans of getting involved with printing costs and mailing out booklets. But you are more than welcome to print this for your own use on a home printer, or put it on a c d or jump drive to take to your local kinkos etc to have it printed out and spiral bound. My only request is, that you do not share or make copies to give away or sell, that you not transmit the file to another person. This tutorial is my way of raising funds for animal rescue work and replacing my materials in the glassshop.

Candice
Thanks so much! You have my word that this will not be shared, electronically or otherwise, with anyone!!! I really appreciate you giving me the OK to have Kinko's do the print out...

My husband uses our printer extensively for his "Home Office" needs through his employer, and I just wouldn't want to interfere with his work...

I'm off to PayPal you...

And bless you for your kind work with animal rescue!

DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-11-10, 5:05pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

no problem DeAnne, I dont mind at all folks printing this out or having it bound for thier own use. I know I cant take my computer into the shop, and would want to print out a tutorial myself. Thanks for having integrity and asking, I appreciate it, It says a lot about YOU.

Candice

Old 2008-11-10, 6:31pm

Sent you a paypal!

Thanks so much, looking forward to this tutorial!

Shauna Mitru
Old 2008-11-10, 8:02pm

AWESOME tutorial Candice!!!

Can't wait to play.

Thanks for all the time and effort it took to do such a wonderful job of it!!!
Cheryl

Old 2008-11-11, 1:46pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

Hi Folks,

Ok, I cant wait to see some pictures of everyones efforts. It would cheer me up, and I need some cheering up. Just got a call from my doc, he got the results of the myelogram and CT back, and is scheduling me to see my neuro surgeon. Looks like back surgery for christmas is a serious possibility. DRAT!!!!

I am still working on getting the tutorial up on the web page, but have emailed a zillion of them with no problems.

Ok, back to horozontal.... and cheer me up folks, I wanna see some good old college trys. I promise I will cheer you on,,, ra ra home team!!!!

Candice

Old 2008-11-11, 3:26pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

I got my e-copy today! It is FABULOUS!! Have an icicle in the cooker.....I've made them for several years, but this is a little different technique - and NOW I have something to do with those scrap ends! I do need to read it a bit more as I've not got a good idea of WHEN to add the scrap end!

Old 2008-11-11, 3:56pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

the scrap icicle in the tutorial is made from the bits cut off of the medium and long blown ornaments, they are hollow. But I never waste a bit of colored glass, and always figure a way to use it, and icicles is a good way to make a lil scrap color do something productive.

Not sure what kind of scrap you have... but am willing to help you figure it out if I can see it.

Candice

Old 2008-11-11, 6:55pm
Noobie

Hi Candice,
I hope this doesnt sound like a silly question, but what sizes (in length) are your icicles and the dewey drop icicles? Mine seem so small compared to the pictures. I am making them about 4-5 inches..Maybe I should add more glass ya think?
Old 2008-11-11, 11:09pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

Hi Cherie,

I think mine average about 6 inches long. So, you are pretty close to that size. You are right, to make them bigger takes more glass. I ahve found that anything much over that 6 inch mark doesnt hang as nicely on a tree, and the teardrops can get heavy, the bigger they get. If you have a natural tree, that weight can make a difference. I do like to hang really long teardrops in multiples in a window though. If you want to make really big teardrops, then it might be a good idea to use a fatter rod than the 8-10mm

your problem solving is sound, you are on the right track... way to go.

Candice