Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-04-21, 6:27am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Default PAUL STANKARD WORKSHOP - May 23/24 2009 Toledo OH

Guys, here is an AWESOME opportunity: Paul Stankard is teaching a two day workshop at the Toledo Museum of Art Glass Pavilion! The Museum's state-of-the-art facility is the perfect place to experience this rare offering.

I will be taking the workshop, and I haven't touched a torch since the first weekend in October. Don't be freaked out by the jurying process: The Museum is doing what I've hoped they would for a long time... Making sure that those taking this intermediate workshop don't scream every time a torch gets lit and don't set themselves on fire repeatedly.

We'll have a blast, and it will be SO GOOD to be around glassy folks again!!!

DON'T MISS OUT!!! Send three images of your work to Jeff Mack at jmack@toledomuseum.org today! You can also cover your bases by calling Rebecca Byers (the registrar) at 419-255-8000 x7363 to sign up for the class pending the jurying process. Tell Rebecca Tink sent ya!

I want to see you there!!! Details follow:

Weekend Workshop with Paul Stankard

This workshop offers an intensive look at the process of
encapsulating flameworked colored glass elements within
clear glass. Students will study the basics of Paul Stankard’s
signature techniques as well as have the opportunity to
create and encapsulate their own designs with the artist’s
experienced guidance. Intermediate flameworking skills are
required for participation in this class.

[$325 members / $375 nonmembers]

Saturday and Sunday, May 23 and 24 | 10 a.m.–6 p.m.

This is a juried class with limited enrollment. The deadline for
application/registration is April 27. Please submit 3 digital
images of your work to jmack@toledomuseum.org to be
considered for participation in this course.

Also Available in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tink; 2009-04-21 at 10:27am. Reason: Added dates to title. Sorry Corri
Old 2009-04-21, 6:56am
ManBearPig

I've been waiting for a chance to learn from Paul for a LONG time. Hoping my work makes it through the jurying process...

Old 2009-04-21, 7:34am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

TRUST ME. You'll be a sure thing. It will be great to be in class with you!

Also Available in

Old 2009-04-22, 6:40am
Button Queen

Damn, that looks like fun... don't know that I can swing it though....
Old 2009-04-22, 7:58am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Cosmo, I just want to mention that if it's been a couple of days since you sent in your images to Jeff, just drop him an email and ask him if you can go ahead and register yet. I have no doubt that you zipped through the process with flying colors, but, speaking personally, it sure is nice to know for sure.

Barbara, it would be great to see you! I'm wondering if the Museum plans to have Paul give a talk or anything since he'll already be here doing the workshop. I will look into it and report here.

Also Available in

Old 2009-04-22, 1:16pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Wow. And what a great price!!! If I were closer, I'd be all over this class.

Have fun you guys!!!

Old 2009-04-22, 1:35pm
In search of her path....

i want to cry i realy really want to cry...

I want to take this class so badly and I just cant afford it....Id send it stuff for the jury process but honestly if i got in and couldnt pay id feel horrible....

I hate not having money i hate not having money

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-04-22, 6:14pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Karin, you don't even want to know what I'm having to do to pay for this class. LOL! I hate not having money, too. Maybe someday I'll tell ya over a drink or two. ROFL!

Also Available in

Old 2009-04-22, 7:05pm

Im really debateing putting it on a CC but I know I shouldnt I have worked so hard to get them nearly all paid off ( down to 2! under $600 total i think) with no good job prospects sigh I just dont know if I can justify it...

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-04-24, 5:49am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

I just found out that the Paperweight Collector's Association is having their Convention here in Toledo the same week Paul Stankard is teaching this workshop. I see a LOT of familiar names on the artist list, and there are many shopping opportunities during the convention. Information can be found at the link below:

http://www.paperweight.org/conventio...onvention.html

Also Available in

Old 2009-04-25, 7:31pm

I'm ticked. I have to be in Kentucky that weekend.

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

Old 2009-04-27, 11:53am
ManBearPig

Great. I actually got into the class, and then my wife reminded me that we have a wedding to go to that weekend...

It figures...

Old 2009-04-27, 12:39pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

That stinks

Also Available in

Old 2009-04-30, 6:38pm

I have to call and set up payment tomorrow but if all goes well I will be there! yea!
Tink do you know any good hotels in the area?

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-05-01, 11:46am

Ok who else got in? come on ...I just got done paying for the class (ouch but so worth it) reserving a hotel, and renting a car. Now to know what to bring? lol

and cosmo wedding be dammed go to the class! just sent them a REALLY nice gift to make up for not going

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-05-04, 3:19pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

OMG OMG OMG You're coming??????????????????????????????????????? Are you serious??????

So what kind of place are you looking for? If it were me, I would stay at the Mansion View Inn. It's a B&B right next door to the Glass Pavilion. Their rates are about $125/night, if I remember correctly (and if they haven't gone up!). I'm sure they have a rate agreement with the Museum, too, so be sure to ask.

Ok. I checked and it looks like the rates are a little higher than they were three years ago. Go figure. LOL! Anyway, here is the link:
http://mansionviewtoledo.com/

There is a Red Roof Inn, too, but it's not nearly as close:
3530 Executive Parkway
Toledo, OH 43606
(419) 536-0118

Here is a map showing the route to the Red Roof Inn from the Museum. It's just over five miles and would take less than a ten minute drive.

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE ARE FINALLY GONNA MEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also Available in

Old 2009-05-04, 3:34pm

lol I ended up making a reservation at an exteded stay type hotel it was really reasonable a bit farther away from the museum but thats ok...im renting a car and driving up and YES we are FINALLY gonna meet! weee! lol I cant believe im coming either! lol

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-05-04, 3:58pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Traffic in Toledo is NUTHIN'. We can get from anywhere to anywhere in 15 minutes during rush hour. No joke. I can't WAIT to meet you!

I sent Jeff Mack an email and asked him if we need to bring anything special or whatever. I'll keep you guys posted. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!

Also Available in

Old 2009-05-04, 10:22pm
Flamewoman

Cosmo,
so your wife goes to the wedding, and you go to the class.
If you were accepted, and you can afford it, you should go.
The wedding couple should understand. Hey, then you
could make 'em a cool paperweight for a wedding present? Yeah.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2009-05-05, 6:32am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K View Post
Cosmo,
so your wife goes to the wedding, and you go to the class.
If you were accepted, and you can afford it, you should go.
The wedding couple should understand. Hey, then you
could make 'em a cool paperweight for a wedding present? Yeah.
If I hadn't agreed to be in the wedding that would work.

I thought the wedding was June, not May...

Old 2009-05-05, 9:00am
I speak Murrini!

WOW, JUST WOW!!!

Paul's work is beyond my wildest dreams!!! You lucky bunch!!! Hope you have great fun and maybe you'll post your creations from class? I'd love to see what you all make and learn!

Have fun!!! Thanks, Tink, for posting this! I'm sure it will be AMAZING!!!

De in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-05-05, 9:33am

Tell em you got the swine flU?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
If I hadn't agreed to be in the wedding that would work.

I thought the wedding was June, not May...

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-05-05, 2:22pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by IF-Designs View Post
Tell em you got the swine flU?
Don't think I haven't been tempted...

Old 2009-05-05, 2:32pm

how good are these friends? are they "casual" friends or like bestest friends? are you the best man? or like a person who seats the people there? lol im trying to think of a gracious way for your to decline being there.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-05-05, 2:35pm
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Don't think I haven't been tempted...
Chad, maybe I could pass for you? Grow a beard? . . . hmmmmm.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2009-05-05, 2:38pm

Lana get this it would totally fool em!
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

lol

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-05-05, 2:40pm
Pyromaniac

LOL definitely!

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2009-05-08, 7:56am
Shelarious

I'm going! Wheee!

I think I'm going to just find a place to stay nearby on my way in; I'll be coming in Friday night.

Last edited by bshelle; 2009-05-08 at 8:04am.
Old 2009-05-12, 10:37am
Shelarious

I called up there and she suggested that the only thing participants might want to bring are their own glasses- they have glasses but they are "a little stratched up sometimes".

Old 2009-05-12, 11:28am

has any one gotten their info and paperstuffs from the museum yet?

Prints for sale in my
!