Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2014-04-07, 9:23am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Felicia! I will try that. This really IS the most wonderful day EVER, baby love and my daughter finally a board certified surgeon ( she passed her last exam yesterday in Chicago while her hubby and I watched Zac) after 16 years of schooling and operating, life is glorious and grand!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by deb c; 2014-04-07 at 9:32am.
Old 2014-04-07, 5:45pm
Glassy Broad :-)

BEST NEWS EVER!!!! Please tell her congrats for me.
Give that baby a smooch for me too!

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2014-04-17, 6:47pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Here he is, the most gorgeous grand son ever, my darling Zachary! Hopefully the pictures are small enough, I resized them a few times!

Zac (my little Zuzu) is my first born to my 2 children and the first grand child of the four of us girls (we had 8 kids between the 4 of us and no other grand babies)! Last week was the best ever, to hold another generation in my arms, complete JOY!

I also have a darling step-granddaughter Isobel I have helped raise for the past 4 1/2 years whom I love dearly! We set up a fish tank last week for her birthday and she turned 7 today so we took a nice drive to get her new fish! We do tons of arts and crafts together, her favorite time is grandma time!

I just love spoiling the little ones....after only a week I already miss Zuzu a lot, he is such a good little guy! We can't wait to find out where my daughter and SIL will settle after Pittsburgh, I see a longer move ahead as long as it isn't snow country! We are waiting to buy another place until we see where that might be...could be anywhere in the country, how exciting!

Iso and I are off to make her favorite treat tonight, cupcakes!

Ahhhh, I love being grandma, yippy skippy!!!
deb
Attached Images

Old 2014-04-17, 6:55pm
I'm meeeeelting

Awwwww. He looks like a sweetie.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2014-04-18, 12:59am

***SIGH*** He is SO cute! Good on ya Gramma!

Old 2014-04-18, 7:32am
Sucks at being nice

Congratulations on the new grandbaby Deb. What a little cutie.

I am seriously contemplating trying to scrape together the time and funds to join you all this year. Of course the arm twisting from Leslie Bitgood is finally wearing on me too. After a soul crushing feedback comment from my ISGB scholarship submission I feel the need for a little nurturing. I figure David in a dress would be the perfect surrogate mother.

Old 2014-04-18, 8:17am
I'm meeeeelting

David in a dress is hardly a comforting sight, but join us anyhow.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2014-04-18, 9:01am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks so much all of you, he is a precious little one!

We are great at nurturing, if David in a dress is all it might take than we got you more than covered! Leslie is right, you need to come and feel welcome, feel a part of the event!

We also award scholarships, one full one and 2 half tuition, you can go to the site (glassstock.com) to see how to enter for one. A different staff member picks them every year, some years we get a bunch, some years not so many, please try it!

Thanks again, extra hugs your way! deb

Old 2014-04-18, 6:10pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinwelch View Post
I figure David in a dress would be the perfect surrogate mother.
WHA?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
David in a dress is hardly a comforting sight, but join us anyhow.
Hey that was a nightie, not a dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post
We are great at nurturing, if David in a dress is all it might take than we got you more than covered!
Be careful what you wish for! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 2014-04-20, 4:31pm
Finally doing what I love

Congrats Deb! He is a real cutie! I remember when my son was that size... Was he a premie or just small? My kiddo was both! They grow up so fast Enjoy it while you can.

Christina

Do what you Love and Love what you do!
Old 2014-04-20, 8:25pm
Angel's Mom

What a darling baby!

Life is short. Melt glass!
Old 2014-04-21, 2:06pm

Awwww... what a sweet looking baby. I bet you miss him already.

Old 2014-04-22, 3:05pm
Sucks at being nice

I did it, I just hit send! Cross your fingers for me for one of the scholarships. Do you know how difficult it was for me to plead my case in 200 words or less?

Old 2014-04-22, 7:07pm
honorary bead lady

Old 2014-04-22, 9:23pm

Old 2014-04-24, 12:16pm
Sucks at being nice

The class schedule is up! Why are 3 of the classes I really, really, really want to take all at the same time?

Old 2014-04-24, 1:43pm
I'm meeeeelting

That always happens. The good news is that whatever you pick instead will be awesome! I've never had a bad class at Glass Stock.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2014-04-26, 8:24pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
That always happens. The good news is that whatever you pick instead will be awesome! I've never had a bad class at Glass Stock.
There is always this year I'm doing one and a demo
Old 2014-04-26, 9:22pm

David for shame!!! Your stuff rocks! Now me on the other hand.......

Old 2014-04-27, 8:53am
Wooohooo,GS!

Christina, he was full term but he was only 6lbs 2 oz, my daughter is only a size 1 and 95 lbs(teeeeeeny, like a female Doogie Howser doctor)! yes they grow up fast!

Kris and Dawn, thanks so much! I DO miss him already!

Jody, sorry to limit number of words but have had pages long apps in the past. Fingers crossed for you! So sorry 3 of the classes are same time..the schedule is the hardest thing after choosing classes!

Thanks Felicia and David, there really aren't any bad classes!

Nita, "I am gonna pull your hair, push you down and make you cry harder" if you keep talking like that! Your classes will rock because YOU are awesome and we love you!

Thanks for the baby kudos, he is really a sweet little guy, I just miss my little Zuzu a LOT!
Much love and glassy goodness,
deb

Old 2014-04-27, 7:03pm
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
There is always this year I'm doing one and a demo
Quote:
David for shame!!! Your stuff rocks! Now me on the other hand.......
I'm going to knock both of you upside the head. You're going to rock it.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2014-04-27, 7:45pm
Sucks at being nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post
Jody, sorry to limit number of words but have had pages long apps in the past. Fingers crossed for you! So sorry 3 of the classes are same time..the schedule is the hardest thing after choosing classes!
It's all good Deb! No apologies necessary. I tend to be a little wordy so it was probably a good thing there was a limit. As far as the class schedule, I want to learn everything and I know it's not possible. It doesn't matter what you schedule it would conflict with something else. There is never enough time. Thanks for the crossed fingers!

Old 2014-04-27, 8:32pm
honorary bead lady

Felicia so does that mean you are gonna sign up for one of ours?

Jody be ready for a whirlwind, seriously there are not enough hours in the day when GSW rolls around
Old 2014-04-27, 9:46pm

Jody! You can learn just as much during breaks outside, hanging with everyone, as you can in an actual class!
To me, the most amazing thing about Glass Stock is all the sharing.
Nothing is off limits. If you have a question, just ask! Every single instructor (well my first 2 years anyway ) will chat with you not only during class, but between also! I learned just as much out at the smoking table, I'm not kidding! There are some excellent brains to be picked!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you too!!!

ETA. I dunno David, I think we is liked

Old 2014-04-28, 1:01pm
Sucks at being nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitadee View Post
ETA. I dunno David, I think we is liked
Silly, you guys aren't liked, you are loved!

Old 2014-04-28, 4:27pm
Finally doing what I love

Hey Deb,

Are we not doing the silent auction this year? I was just reading the Glass Stock Letter in more detail and it didn't say anything about auction stuff.

Also... Are you still ok with US money orders from your Canadian glass stockers?
If not... What would you prefer?

Thanks,

Christina

Do what you Love and Love what you do!
Old 2014-05-04, 5:36pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Hey David and Nita, if I didn't think you'd do great I would have pushed a little harder next year, LOL! Great lookin' out Felicia!

Jody, I think the scholarships are being notified tonight, will post on here as soon as notifications are done, good luck and woohooo!

Christina, MO in US dollars from international attendees are perfect as usual!

Yes, we will be having the silent auction, I just don't try and push it on anyone, it is optional to bring something! More on that in June newsletter, also the Art Faire!
BIG giant hugs, full week back at torch and it feels GREAT!
deb

Old 2014-05-04, 6:34pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Ok, the scholarships have been awarded and the recipients have been notified! Check your emails! I wish we could have given everyone who applied one but we are giving out 3 full ones this year! If you did not get one, either try and come this year or submit again next year. A person can only get one and sometimes it takes another year or so to get one. So please don't let it discourage you, folks on this forum have tried 2-3 years in a row before they got one!

BIG hugs to all of you who applied and glassy goodness too!
deb

Old 2014-05-04, 6:56pm
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
Felicia so does that mean you are gonna sign up for one of ours?
Sigh. No. I suck. I'm just not into doing sculptural stuff. I know you guys are both going to kick ass, though, and I'm glad you're teaching.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2014-05-04, 7:31pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Ok sweetie...and I suck at making BEADS (I REALLY just make fish with holes, lol!).
YOU make amazing beads Felicia!
xo deb