No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2007-07-19, 3:52pm
Somethings grow wild

Location: Soulsbyville in California, just down the hill from Yosemite

Hi All
So here is my latest butterfly implosion. You can't see the antennas in the pic, but there pretty good.

Kare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-11-13, 9:32am
Gimme that silver glass!

Wow, great one!!!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-11-14, 7:49pm
Molten Glass Addict

wow, I'm trying to to keep my jaw shut, but it just keeps popping open again.

Wow.....*drop*

< me in my younger days

< me now days

< me after a pomegranate rum slushie

Old 2007-11-15, 5:06am
Molten Glass Addict

Good morning everyone. I was looking through the threads for a floral marble tut, and found one, but the link listed no longer works. I've been searching, but with no luck, I was wondering if anyone knew of a link or maybe an old tutorial on them. I've never made one before and would love to try.

Would marble beads also be considered "off mandrel"?

< me in my younger days

< me now days

Old 2007-11-15, 7:22am
Dead man walking

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsmpIWiXlVo

Tut:
http://www.theflowmagazine.com/tut1.htm
Old 2007-11-15, 7:32am
Molten Glass Addict

awesome, you rock JJ.

I think your kitty's a little cranky today. He needs some milk!! Hey, check out this website: www.icanhascheezburger.com if you heart kitties!!

< me in my younger days

< me now days

Old 2007-11-15, 9:01am
Dead man walking

No problems Jamie. He's not cranky, he's on a glass jihad
Old 2007-11-15, 6:08pm
Molten Glass Addict

I feel like that at work some days, haha!!

< me in my younger days

< me now days

Old 2007-11-18, 9:34am

check these out... http://glassbysabina.com/portfolio/marbles.html

Sabina is a friend of mine and I remember when she started doing these at an event at Momka's.. I believe she won 1st place at a flame-off last year in Oregon... I watched her make these... And Chris, yours, too, are real pieces of art..

Old 2007-11-19, 9:54pm

Default I gave it a try

I had to give this a try even though my implosions have been iffy and I have no clue how to get the maria off the mandrel (my cold punties don't stay cold). I used an EDP encased in black for the wings and an yellow dotted with orange for the tail. I put the whole thing on a 10mm clear moretti because my hothead has a tendancy to melt the punty faster than the implosion. It worked better than my other attempts but I think I fried the clear a bit waiting for the 10mm to melt enough. My butterfly was elongating so I stuck some clear underneath it and pushed it up. It looks to me that if I had enough patience I could have kept heating and marving until I got the butterly pushed into the middle of the bead.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2032/...b5396b72_o.jpg
Old 2007-11-20, 9:39am
Molten Glass Addict

It looks almost like the black spread, because it appears to be almost the same color as the purple, only transparent.

But what a great job!! I'm too afraid to try....

< me in my younger days

< me now days

Old 2007-11-20, 11:30am

never seen such a thing- they are beautiful!!!
lost in admiration
(and thanks for sharing)
Old 2007-11-24, 12:55pm
tweetysweetie

I've tried a couple of these and the wings are just waay too thick, I want them thin and delicate....any suggestions? I've tried 1mm stringers too, and they still come out thick, maybe I'm mashing them flat before the implode?

Old 2008-02-16, 3:07pm
Professional glob maker!

whats the trick to get the butterfly more 3d looking? I did a couple and I don't think I have that concept down completely!
Old 2008-02-17, 5:08pm
Somethings grow wild

Location: Soulsbyville in California, just down the hill from Yosemite

Practice! Don't push the rod down to hard on the marver...a little more than just resting it might help.

Here is one I did in around November as you can see the more you do the better it gets

Kare

Old 2008-02-17, 8:23pm
fire is goooooood

Oh wow.. now this is something really amazing. I love them!!!

Payton Jett
Old 2008-02-22, 12:47pm
Molten Glass Addict

I can't wait to try these. Very pretty! Thanks Kare!

< me in my younger days

< me now days

Old 2008-02-22, 9:07pm
Professional glob maker!

Do you have a tip to make it more 3-d??
Old 2008-03-07, 4:06pm

I'm new to this forum, so not sure if I'm responding correctly.
Chris your butterfly implosion is so beautiful. You said you were going to try same thing in soft glass. did you? Are there any pics? I haven't worked with boro yet and hae been trying to do implosions in soft glass--nut much sucess though....do you know of a good tutorial or video clip of an implosiono bead???
Old 2008-03-09, 5:34pm

youtube.com has implosion flower but i dont remember who did that tut very impressive.
Old 2008-04-10, 10:07am
glass-a-delic

Wow! I just found this tut. Very beautiful work! I was wondering how did you made the third marble, the one with the butterfly on top of the flower. Very nice!