Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2005-07-04, 8:47am

Default Does anyone know Photoshop Elements 3.0?

Hello,

I would love some help on layering a few of my bead photos with some text to create one image to upload to ebay. I have used this program to clean up my pics and it does great, but the layering seems very confusing. The "help topic" doesn't seem to give me much help. Maybe I just don't get it, but I would love it if someone could just steer me in the right direction. I need step by step, nothing taken for granted directions.

Thanks,
Bridgett
Old 2005-07-04, 9:30am
Moving On

I'm sure someone else can explain better than this, but hopefully I can get you going.

Open the photo to which you want to add the text
Make sure the size of the photo is what you want (Image menu/resize/image size, then change pixels until the size is what you want...make sure to click the box below that says "constrain proportions".

Click on the text tool in the left menu bar (The letter "T"), change text and size to what you want in box above photo.

Click on the photo in the place where you want the text, and type.
If you drag on what you've typed to highlight it, you can change text color, font, etc. If you switch back to the "move" tool (little arrow at top of left menu bar, and click on your type, you can move it where ever you want on the photo.

If you want to do something interesting with the text, you can go to the Styles and Effects menu and play with things like drop shadows on the text you've pointed to.

When you are done, go to the "File" pulldown menu and click "Save AS", then make sure you save to a name and JPG format. That will effectively make the layers one piece. If you just save as a photoshop document, the layers stay separate.

You'll also have to click on something about the JPEG Options. I usually just select standard quality

There you have it!!! Hopefully this helps a bit!!--Gail

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-07-04, 5:18pm

Thanks Gail. I really appreciate your help. I think I'm doing a little better. I'm having one of those days where everything you touch there seems to be a road block. I'll get it, though.

Thanks,
Bridgett
Old 2005-07-04, 6:35pm
tweetysweetie

Bridgett, I too am PSE3 challenged....I've been hoping to find "online" classes that would teach from beginning & all the tricks.....anyone know of such a thing??

Old 2005-07-04, 7:27pm

If I hear of anything, I'll let you know.