Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Old 2005-07-03, 4:09pm
Wacky but Wonderful

Default Help - Mid Range Plus

Hi guys..

I am hoping someone who has this torch will speak up..

I bought one a few months ago and it has been hiding on the floor in a corner because I've been afraid to hook it up.

Just when I thought I would see if I could return it, I found a big honkin bead that I wanted to try to make more of.. and it's hard to do in that narrow little pirahna flame.. so I need some input..

I am in a very small second floor bedroom. The ceiling is about 7.5 feet high and my torch is a few feet from the wall (2-3). Is anybody else using a similar setup with a honkin torch? And have you ever ignited a wall or a ceiling or the neighbor's cat?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-07-05, 5:47am
ManBearPig

I have that exact same torch, and it's set up on a metal table about 3' wide. The other side of the table is against a wall. I have a piece of fireproof sheetrock on the wall just in case, but it doesn't show any kind of burn marks or anything. After working for several hours on the torch, the wall is just slightly warm.

I don't run it wide open that often. But when I do, I often pull the table out a little, but I don't think I really need to. If you are using soft glass, you probably won't need to run it that hard. You probably just need a wider flame, not a hotter one.

Old 2005-07-07, 11:25am
In search of her path....

Im looking for a used maybe midrange plus lol if fyou end up not liking it let me know I was trying to wait till the gathering bazaar....

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2005-07-07, 11:43am
ManBearPig

I may be getting rid of mine to go to a Red Max soon. I'll post it here in the Garage Sale if I do...