Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-10-02, 9:14am

Default So Cal FLame Surfers BOC Flame Date

Come to our third BOC Flame Date next Saturday Oct 9th. We will be making beads for BOC fm 9:00 am until 1:00 pm. We have a great time and as always there will be fun, prizes,and food.Come out and support this wonderful organization. All you need is your safety glasses and any favorite tools.

Our thanks to John at Pacific Art Glass for his support !!

Pacific Art Glass
125 West 157th St.
Gardena Ca 9248

Saturday Oct. 9th
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Old 2010-10-02, 10:56am
Uh Oh....

I'm planning on being there!! Thanks to John for being so generous!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-10-04, 5:05pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I'll definitely try and make it!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-10-04, 5:28pm

If I can finish kicking this flu I intend to round up my glasses, etc., and GO TRY to make something. Hope you all have a lot of patience!
Old 2010-10-04, 5:32pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Will there be any boro glass?

Old 2010-10-04, 8:22pm
A Splash o' Glass

The glass that is in the BOC stash is 104, but feel free to bring whatever glass you want to work with. Just keep your hard gl(ass) away from my soft gl(ass)!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-10-05, 8:27am

Karen,
We want to welcome boro people too. You know the torch set up at PAG so if that works for you guys, I have some funds and can purchase some boro. It is you and your giving to BOC's kids that is important. It is a really nice way to spend a few hours and we need help reaching our goal number of beads.
Wendy
Old 2010-10-05, 10:57am
The Crazy One

Karen, If you'll commit to go, I'll bring a bunch of boro color (shorts) and some clear. I'm thinking about going and that would force me to go
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I would however bring my own torch, I wouldn't have a clue how to use a minor!
Old 2010-10-05, 11:16am

Loco come on im gonna be there. we can get into trouble and discuss a colab also....
Old 2010-10-05, 11:45am
The Crazy One

Quote:
Loco come on im gonna be there. we can get into trouble and discuss a colab also....
I like trouble! Where were you this weekend? I was there Sat & Sun, we did a goblet colab and made a general nuisance of ourselves...
Old 2010-10-05, 3:02pm

I have been so busy with my production line I think I planted roots in my shop. Wen night I worked till I litterally fell asleep in the shop.
Old 2010-10-05, 6:24pm
OY and Psyche Junkie

I'll be there Wendy! John does a great job of setting us up and letting us take over for this worthy cause!

Cheers
Kathy

Minor with one concentrator

Old 2010-10-06, 12:19pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Hmmmm....maybe a boro against soft glass challenge to see
who can make the most beads??? I have some presses I might
bring.

Old 2010-10-06, 12:48pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Oh, I'd play on the boro team!

-------------------------------------------

ETA: I'll have to do it from home, something else has come up and I can't make it this time.

But I will go in to the shop and make some beads for a couple of hours and dedicate the time and donate the beads in honor of this challenge.

Last edited by zen-mom; 2010-10-07 at 11:10am. Reason: add info
Old 2010-10-07, 9:41am

Default Yeepee

I will be there....

Old 2010-10-07, 11:12am
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Damn, I really wanted to meet you!

Old 2010-10-08, 1:42am

Quote:
Damn, I really wanted to meet you!
Then come out and meet me! I don't get out to social functions often. We can have boro wars! Loco you better bring your bum also!

I is excited!
Old 2010-10-08, 11:02am
The Crazy One

My fat ass will be there with my torch and tanks too. Ohhhh and lucky you, you get to take the O2 tank outta my car!
Old 2010-10-08, 4:40pm

Quote:
My fat ass will be there with my torch and tanks too. Ohhhh and lucky you, you get to take the O2 tank outta my car!
No worries I can do that! I just unloaded 4 T tanks out of the truck heman style!
Old 2010-10-08, 4:47pm
Bead Obsessed

Do we need to bring anything edible? Snackies, drinks, anything???

Old 2010-10-08, 4:54pm

I'm so bummed! I really wanted to be there but I have plans that I cannot change. RATS!

Old 2010-10-08, 11:25pm
I speak Murrini!

I'm gonna try and make it!
I'm glad this will go 'til 1 this time round...last time I was so late, and got caught up in chit-chat and murrini play I didn't get to hit the fire! This time, I'm gonna do my best to make it by 11:00, and I might leave the murrini at home to not be a distraction!

Oh, and Karen (Karen Hardy)...are you for sure gonna be there? I'll bring my nippers and show 'ya how I cut my murrini, ok?

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-10-09, 7:39am

It's going to be fun day. Can't wait to see y'all there! I'm bringing home made pumpkin bread...along with glass goodies of corse!

eBay: nada!
Old 2010-10-09, 2:40pm

I decided that what I had to share (the flu) was something everyone could do without. Hope you all had a wonderful time.
Old 2010-10-09, 3:18pm
Bead Obsessed

Quote:
I decided that what I had to share (the flu) was something everyone could do without. Hope you all had a wonderful time.
We had fun! Sorry to miss you. Hopefully we'll see you at the next meeting.

Old 2010-10-09, 6:28pm

Default Yeepee

We had a great time. Lots of people to share with and we also had a great time making beads for the kids. I took pictures. Of everyone torching. Lots of gifts to hand out and so much fun. Had lots of help. Thanks everyone..
Stacy, and Wendy...

Old 2010-10-10, 11:32am
I speak Murrini!

Thanks to Pacific Art Glass, Judy (jujeebeads - who's pumpkin bread was awesome by the way!!!) and everyone who made this happen and who attended and worked hard to create beautiful beads during this event!

Wish I had been there earlier, but was glad for the time I had and the chance to show those who were interested my murrini application technique first-hand and to show my encasing method while making special beadies for the kids!

Special to my torch lighters, runners and everyone who encouraged, helped out, and brought goodies!

Hugs all...

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-10-10, 1:58pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Next time ...maybe...

I'm glad some beadie goodness was made for the kids

Old 2010-10-10, 4:14pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

That was lots of fun!!!

DeAnne brought TONS of Murrini with her - and she showed
us how she makes an aquarium bead. Just wow.

Old 2010-10-12, 8:27pm
Bead Obsessed

I had good intentions, took the camera, made sure the batteries were fresh, checked the memory card. But when I got there I only took a couple of pictures. But at least there are these two to prove that we really did make beads, didn't just eat and visit!
Attached Images