Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Old 2006-05-05, 3:04pm
More ideas than talent

3rd seahorse I made (second one thought it was a bird)
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-05-06, 4:43am

hi kim,

thank you for this great tut!!

i had to try it, and thats the result.....

have a sunny week end
love
jacqueline
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-05-06, 6:44am
Kim Hart Designs

OH you did good Jacqueline, I love the body of the first one.

Kim

Old 2006-05-06, 7:43am

thanks so mutch kim, for you compliment.

it was very funny to work and i think i have to do somme more

hugs
jacqueline

Old 2006-05-07, 7:00pm
I love fish!

Oh, wow! I absolutley have to try this. I haven't had much time for lampworking lately but I get done with finals this week and will then have time and this is going to be one of the first beads I try! I'll post picks if it turns out.
That is an awesome tutorial, great pics!
Old 2006-05-08, 5:56am
Kim Hart Designs

Thank you...can't wait to see what you come up with.

Old 2006-05-26, 8:40am
Smile, it's contagious!

Kim, sorry I forgot to post my seahorsies over here too!!

My first seahorse

And, my second (it's on ebay now!)

Thanks so much for posting this tut Kim!! It is really fun to make these lil buggers!!

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2006-05-26, 1:41pm
Kim Hart Designs

You did GREAT Gelly. Those are so cute.And your right, they are a lot of fun.
I hope you have better luck than I did selling them. I didn't get one bid on the mine. I can never get anything sold on ebay. I think everybody just doesn't like me,lol. JK

Kim

Old 2006-05-28, 2:55am

Cool

my first Seahorse. Both are broken

Old 2006-05-28, 6:51am
Kim Hart Designs

Kristina, nice. You did really good. I like the color combo of the yellow and green one.
I've had quite a few crack along the mane by the mandrel. You just have to make sure to give him a real good heat bath on all the fagile spots (nose, mane, tail, neck, pretty much the whole body,lol) right before you put in the kiln.

Kim

Old 2006-05-28, 11:45am

It is nice to hear that you had the same problems. If the first will be still allive I tell you!!!

Old 2007-02-17, 10:32pm

Wow thanks for the tut!!!! These are great!

~
~
Old 2007-02-18, 1:29pm
Kim Hart Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly View Post
Actually, they do have pectoral fins (side fins) - they are located at the back of the cheek (more or less). The fins are very small and transparent and not easy to see. They also have a ventral fin that is located at the bottom of the belly - again, transparent, small and difficult to see. They have all of the fins that "regular" fish do, just smaller. They really don't have a fin that runs the length of the body, but I put one on mine, too.
Yes I know,lol. At the time I wrote this I had just made my very first seahorse. I put fins on the side where fish would have their fins. Ever since then I put little tiny fins at the back of the check or jaw. I also have thought long about not puting a long fin down the back but it just doesn't look right to me with out it. Like I said I make my seahorses how they look in "MY" little world,lol. They are better that way. IMO

Old 2007-02-18, 2:01pm

Here are two of mine. I'm having trouble with the tails also. Go figure. It will just take a little time.

Rose Leslie

Last edited by Rose Leslie; 2008-05-27 at 12:35pm.
Old 2007-02-25, 9:19am

Thanks for the great tut Kim!!!! You did a great job on it!
Here's my first four tries in order from right to left. I just love making these!
Name:  sea horses.jpg
Views: 1252
Size:  30.6 KB
Thanks Again! Have a happy day!!
Old 2007-02-25, 11:11am
Kim Hart Designs

WONDERFUL job everybody!!! I LOVE the looks on their faces.
SO CUTE.

It's so fun to see everybody elses. MORE MORE

Old 2007-04-09, 9:16pm

Beautiful seahorses you all ...

I just made a sea serpent and read this first - it really helped with the head!

Old 2007-04-10, 4:14am
Kim Hart Designs

I'm glad it helped. Can we see your creation......pretty please?

Old 2007-04-10, 3:02pm

these are awesome. i have been doing lampwork for about four months. may have to give these a try and hope i can keep them from cracking. i am using a fireworks torch head and mapp gas. i will give any thing a try once. again thanks for the tut, these are great

mike
Old 2007-04-16, 12:05am

Hello!

Thank you very, very much, for this great tutorial!
Yesterday evening i tried it first and here is the result:

It is made of alabaster türkis...

Greetings from austria

Jasmin
Old 2007-04-18, 6:27am
Kim Hart Designs

Sadiesbeads we would love to see your sea serpent.

Thank you Mike. I have never heard of a fireworks torch. I can't wait to see what you do with your torch. Make sure you come back and let us see.

Jasmin, he is ADORABLE! Great job! I love that color blue.

Old 2007-05-21, 6:52pm

Here's mine, Kim. Hope you like him. Love, Helen

Before His throne is a sea of glass like crystal.

Old 2007-05-21, 7:30pm
Kim Hart Designs

OH Helen.....That is WONDERFUL. I LOVE him!!!

Old 2007-05-22, 7:53pm

Thanks, Kim. I gave you credit for this tute in my auction. And you gave me courage to try him, so thanks again! Love, Helen

Before His throne is a sea of glass like crystal.

Old 2007-05-22, 8:04pm
Kim Hart Designs

AAHHH Thank you so much, that's very sweet. I'm so glad you tried it!
And I hope it goes for a lot for you.

Old 2009-01-02, 10:03pm

I'm in complete awe! I'm still at the very beginning stage of learning how to play with fire and since my 'studio' is in the garage, I have to wait until it warms up as I work in soft glass. My favoriate of all the glass sculptures that I've seen are underwater items. I can't wait until I start to see my work improve.

Your tut is terrific. I'm saving it so when I get more experienced, I will try it. (I hope me copying it to my computer is ok. I'm just saving till I have better control of the glass.)

J
Old 2009-01-03, 12:43pm

WOW,The seahorses are just too sweet,the tutorial is a most generous treat

Karen
Volkano Exotik
Old 2009-01-03, 4:25pm

I have to say that Kim Hart is one of the most talented and generous women I have ever met. She is as genuine as the day is long...... She is top notch in my book! I am thrilled to say she is a friend of mine and I have had the pleasure of seeing her work in person. She is incredibly talented! Jill

Old 2009-01-03, 5:25pm
Kim Hart Designs

Jilll, THANK YOU sooo much. You make me blush. I hope I can live up to your kind words....REALLY!!! And I am Proud to say you are one of my good friends! too!!!!
Thank you very much about the seahorses.... They are a lot of fun to make ....and wear!!
You are most welcome to save the tut, make as many as you like, sell , give them away, what ever you would like to do with them. I just ask that ya'll post the pics here so we all can enjoy them!!

Have Fun!!!

Old 2009-01-03, 5:49pm
da General

Hi Kim,

Good to see you post! How have you been? My sister and I both LOVE the seahorses we got from you! I will have to try making one . . . some day! lol!

Happy New Year!!!

|
|
|
|