AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2011-01-04, 5:33pm

Default Winged heart

I have checked both tutorial areas and haven't seen what I'm looking for. Is there a Winged Heart tutorial out there?

Thanks

Duane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-01-04, 7:37pm

Duane,

I know Brent (Mr. Smiley) does winged hearts but I'm not sure if they're in his heart tutorial or not.

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2011-01-04, 8:32pm

Duane if you are talking about this style. I have a tutorial that is just about ready for release. It will not only include the wing style but also the scalloped style as well as a few other options for your hearts.
Attached Images

Old 2011-01-04, 9:02pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sislonski View Post
Duane if you are talking about this style. I have a tutorial that is just about ready for release. It will not only include the wing style but also the scalloped style as well as a few other options for your hearts.
These are so beautiful!

I have done winged... things... before, for a friend, but they were entirely different kinds of wings.

Old 2011-01-04, 10:45pm

Yes I've seen a variety of styles before too.
I have no idea if someone has done this style before or not. It's just something I ended up doing by mistake a few years back.

Old 2011-01-04, 11:12pm
I'm a lilac!

I haven't seen anyone else do anything like it... they're very distinctive. I treasure mine!

Old 2011-01-07, 12:27pm

There is a fun video here for making a winged heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M-Zu7VBFiQ

Sherry - yours is stunning!
Old 2011-01-07, 8:03pm

I wrote one that was in the first issue of a defunct magazine called step by step beads......if I can find a copy I will pm you! Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2011-01-07, 9:13pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Gorgeous, Shari!!!
I would love a copy of that, too, Jeri. I can't wait for your next book to come out. Your first one is one of my very favorites!

Can I put a little picture of one of my winged hearts in here?

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-01-07, 9:26pm
Hobby Junkie

Very cute Lori!

I'd like a copy too please Jeri!

Old 2011-01-07, 9:32pm
Never give up

I would love a copy also. Jeri if you dont mind.
Old 2011-01-07, 9:39pm
Forever P~P~P :0)

Me too please!!!

Sandy
No hurry ~ no worries ~ unless its hot & drippy..!

Hot Head & big BBQ tank of propane!

awesome banner by Knatty Dreadz!! WE MISS YOU!
Old 2011-01-08, 12:06am

You sure can Lori. It looks like you do your wings the same way I do them. Not a worry though it's a common thing.

Old 2011-01-08, 6:26am

If I find it I will share, in my head it is a pale early version of Shari and Lori's beautiful pieces, and probably Kalera's too! That is why it is so cool to post as many approaches as possible. I'm teaching all weekend, so I will try to poke around and look for it tonight.

Thanks for the kind words on the book. I'm very happy with the new one, I have just seen an advance copy. I'm re-doing my website so I can take orders in a month or so. You can already pre-order it on Amazon, it should ship in March. If all goes well I will have some at the Glass Craft Expo in Vegas.

You might remember that I had a call for entries and "project testers" for this book. You will see many LE names you know!
Jeri

Old 2011-01-08, 6:52am

Bad news - better news.
First, the tutorial was in the inaugural issue of Step by Step beads BUT it wasn't a winged heart, just a heart. I simplified it to make it as beginner-ish as possible, since that is what they wanted. In my mind's eye, it had wings!

I did find a decent (not great) photo of a winged heart photo in some old class pics, so you can see what I was thinking of. I will try to post the old tutorial on my website when it is up and running in the new format. As you can tell, the photos in this thread have come a long way from a simple heart.

Have a great day. Jeri

Old 2011-01-08, 7:54am

Great winged hearts you guys! Can I share one of mine too?

Old 2011-01-08, 1:12pm
Your Royal Fritness

Duane do a search on how to make fish fins. It is the same technique of laying down the glass as the wing hearts.

Old 2011-01-08, 5:11pm
Flamin' Redhead

The first winged heart I ever saw was in the book "The Complete Book of Glass Beadmaking" in 2005 by Kimberly Adams. I learned from the excellent tut in there. I believe Kate Fowle Meleney is credited as the contributing editor.

Dawn, you are so right...and I love doing this technique...it's just fun!

#T48
Old 2011-01-08, 5:18pm

mary...your winged heart is too cute!!

gail

Cricket w/ 5 lpm Oxycon
Old 2011-01-09, 8:52am

Thanks Gail!
Old 2011-01-09, 9:16am
Sheila Davis Designs

Fun! Here's one I just made:
Attached Images

Old 2011-01-09, 9:34am
Did you say summin' ??

Here's a winged heart that I will be demo-ing at our Indiana (ISLAGA) glass meeting in February. I like using filligrana for the wings ! Enjoy !

Old 2011-01-25, 3:54pm

Here's 2 I did back in 03. I went through a winged period back then. I've made a big one that I gave to a friend, I'll see if I can find the pic.
Attached Images

If you cannot stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 2011-01-25, 4:15pm

This one was a real pain to make. And it was done on a HH. It was given to a friend and I made myself a black one.
Attached Images

If you cannot stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.