Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-08-13, 4:04pm

Default Enamel Chunks

Does anyone know of a good application for enamel chunks?

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-08-13, 9:17pm

No one? Am I all alone

Old 2013-08-13, 9:26pm

crush them to make more enamel? Never heard of enamel chunks, but didn't want you to be all alone.

Old 2013-08-13, 9:37pm
T.J. made me do it

On glass or metal? The second video shows 6/20 on copper tubing:

http://paintingwithfireartwear.blogspot.com/

Old 2013-08-13, 10:42pm
It's all about the color.

Are you talking chunks or frit? You can have the look of frit without any reactions between colors - like orange on turquoise. You can also make some of the colors web. I have a chart done up with the Frits and I can't find them on my site. I'll take care of that this week.

You can also melt them and make stringer.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Last edited by Listenup; 2013-08-13 at 10:44pm.
Old 2013-08-13, 11:15pm

Lol thank you for caring Autumn.

Thanks Julie. For lamp working.

I guess I'm talking frit Kay. I have a sample pack. I'll look forward to seeing the chart. Thanks

Old 2013-08-14, 12:27am

No problem, I just have to find it. OK, found them. Give me just a few days to get them scanned, adjusted, sized, and up.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2013-08-15, 4:39pm

Cynthia, I got the charts up today. Don't know how I missed putting those up. These were all done on a HotHead so hotter torches may get stronger results, but they don't react with the base glass.

http://www.listen-up.org/kitty/beads/frit/te.htm

Old 2013-08-16, 8:00am
Slogan Challenged...

I really like how those all pop on black backgrounds, neat! Thanks for the chart, Kay. I can't imagine how long all of those took.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2013-08-16, 1:14pm
SCIENCE Teacher!

I've had some samples I never got around to playing with but have kept becaue they look like they should be so much fun.
Old 2013-08-16, 1:36pm
Naysayer

where do you get chunks? I need!
Old 2013-08-16, 2:01pm

I don't know about the chunks, but you can get the frit from Thompson Enamels.

Old 2013-08-16, 11:28pm
Naysayer

You know, that site gives me a migraine lol. But I'll look there thank you, I thought they only had powder..I'm excited
Old 2013-08-17, 7:32am

Thank you so much for doing that Kay. I should have titled this thread "enamel frit". It is actually frit.

Old 2013-08-17, 7:38am

It's the 6/20 size right? It's great for when you don't want a reaction with the base glass. Thanks for the charts Kay, those are awesome!

Tina

Old 2013-08-17, 6:11pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenesque View Post
You know, that site gives me a migraine lol.
I'm sorry. I've made some changes to the site. Let me know if it still bothers you.

Old 2013-08-17, 7:54pm

No apologies necessary, Kay. Your site is a wonderful reference! I've used it many times over the years.

Mimi
Old 2013-08-17, 8:25pm
Against the Grain

Kay, I thought Ravenesque was referring to Thompson Enamel's site, not yours.

Old 2013-08-17, 8:37pm

I've heard before that there are some who don't care for the dark background and the pastel type. It's all good.

Old 2013-08-17, 9:11pm

Kay, you went to all that trouble to make the beads and shoot the results - we are all thrilled and thankful!

Barbara
Old 2013-08-17, 11:17pm
Naysayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Moon Lampwork View Post
Kay, I thought Ravenesque was referring to Thompson Enamel's site, not yours.
Oh yes Kay, I love your site! I'm sorry! It's the thompson site. I've used your site for years and I'm going to take this moment to thank you for it!
Old 2013-08-18, 7:14am

You know, up until now I never saw this site. I think it's wonderful. So much time invested into it. I'm going to spend some time there for sure. Thanks again Kay!

Old 2013-08-18, 7:50am

Very cool.. Kay Thank you THANK YOU ...

Were is the best place to find these frits?
Kay... can we sent a donation to you? So much work put into all of your fab. charts..
Old 2013-08-18, 9:07am

I still don't get the reason the frit is used. In the copper bead you could use the powders as well right?

Kay~~ Thanks so much for all the time you put into that! Thompson s pics don't show the color after its been used and the pics aren't loading....

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2013-08-19, 3:49pm

Heidi,

You can use the powders, in fact you start with the clear powder when making a bead on copper tubing. But the 6/20 mesh allows you to build up the bead much faster and gives you more of an olive style bead rather than a barrel shaped bead if the makes sense. Making enamel beads on copper tubing is where I started about 20 years ago lol. I still have a container full of many of the beads I made!

Tina

Old 2013-08-19, 7:10pm

Yeah that makes sense! Thanks!
The shape was nice! It seemed like you could build up a smaller frit or powder faster but it did build out into a nice shape!

Heidi

~~
~~