Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-07-21, 11:39am
Type ZZZ personality

I just looked it up and it was supposed to have been mailed by Flamedancer (Krissa) on 6-4-06. Her address is listed in the ROAGK. I don't know if Carrie has her phone number. Either Carrie or Boroburner should try to contact her and see if there's a tracking number or what's the deal. And post here any results.

Carrie? Krissa? some info please?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2006-07-21, 12:22pm
lov'in life!!!

Carrie has all the info in the box. You'll have to ask her.

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

Old 2006-07-21, 12:26pm
needs to light the torch.

Well this is a freakin' bummer!

Stupid Customs can KMA!!!

Old 2006-07-21, 4:37pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio
I just looked it up and it was supposed to have been mailed by Flamedancer (Krissa) on 6-4-06. Her address is listed in the ROAGK. I don't know if Carrie has her phone number. Either Carrie or Boroburner should try to contact her and see if there's a tracking number or what's the deal. And post here any results.

Carrie? Krissa? some info please?
The last time she posted on here was June 28. I have talked to her via e-mail since then (about a completely different subject), but that has been a couple weeks ago.

It does seem strange that the last person to have the box won't post the tracking number, but I guess since I never got it, it's really none of my business.

So just ignore me.

Carry on...

Old 2006-07-22, 1:15am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Krissa, do you have the shippingnumber of the box? I don't know how they handle things at the postal office in the states but when I post a package here in the Netherlands I get a receipt with a trackingnumber on it.

Old 2006-07-22, 4:50am
lov'in life!!!

Like I said before, Carrie has ALL the information on when this box was mailed. She requsted hard copies of it so that she could make a claim. So, I sent it to her. After all, she IS the one with something to lose, not anyone else. She has asked me NOT to post the tracking on this...so I'm not.

Old 2006-07-22, 6:48am

and you havent bothered to call to see if its been lost because?............
B
Old 2006-07-22, 1:22pm
traumaqueen

Okay flamedancer, I didn't know that I did not mean to sound angry or greedy or something. I think all participants had something to loose, the joy of sharing and giving, the fun of going through that box, and the chance to try something totally different. It is Carrie's money off course, no discussion about that, I just feel a bit sad this took a turn for the worse for all of us.

Old 2006-07-23, 3:20am
Nah, not really...;)

Default Final Post

I thought it would be best to edit.................

Last edited by HardwoodTrailGlass; 2006-09-01 at 1:33am.
Old 2006-07-23, 4:55am
lov'in life!!!

No worries Suzanne

Old 2006-07-23, 12:21pm
traumaqueen

Carrie I am so sorry for all of this. I hope you do get back here cause I for sure did enjoy your postings . I hope you didn't feel my email regarding the box was about questioning your integrity, I was just curious about the game beeing over or not. I do respect your decision to move over , and I wish you all the best, and hope I will get to talk to you again.

Hugs, Suzanne

Old 2006-07-24, 5:26am
ManBearPig

Okay. Now that this is settled, perhaps we should start a new box?

I'll do it if nobody else wants to. Give me a few weeks to get stuff organized and I can do it.

Old 2006-07-24, 12:32pm
Serenity Now!

Oh Cosmo! I was having the same thought...after all...we were ALL playing, and geez don't ya just hate when someone takes your toys away...without even mentioning it??! LOL
But I digress...I wanted to be in on it from the get-go on the other one, so I really want to be involved in this one, preferably near the beginning, 'cause I don't know if I can stand any more drama.....please...I am begging...no more drama. Let's play nice, k?
Oh, and Cosmo - if you're the one who's going to start it, why not start a fresh thread...this one has really bad vibes, and no-one should have to read through the drivel, both written and unsaid...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2006-07-24, 3:46pm
Type ZZZ personality

Wow, Carrie, someone sure must have pissed in your Wheaties! Sorry that people were so nasty that you've gotten this mad. Personally, I was not accusing anyone of anything, just wanted to have some info on what was going on. I may not have money or property invested in this box, but I did invest my time and my energy and expectations of enjoying receiving the box and the exchange of boro goodies. My only real complaint was the lack of communication regarding what was being done to track down the box. So now I know and can move onto other things.

I hope that you can come back to LE sometime. Not everyone here is a butt-head.

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2006-07-24, 3:47pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerVal
Oh, and Cosmo - if you're the one who's going to start it, why not start a fresh thread...this one has really bad vibes, and no-one should have to read through the drivel, both written and unsaid...
I will. Look for it early next week...

Old 2006-07-24, 4:10pm
Serenity Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio
Wow, Carrie, someone sure must have pissed in your Wheaties! Personally, I was not accusing anyone of anything, just wanted to have some info on what was going on. I may not have money or property invested in this box, but I did invest my time and my energy and expectations of enjoying receiving the box and the exchange of boro goodies. My only real complaint was the lack of communication regarding what was being done to track down the box. So now I know and can move onto other things.
Very wll said on behalf of all of us who made the same investment. (And I LOVED the Wheaties comment! )

And thanks Chad - I can't wait! Let me know if I could lend a hand or something...

Old 2006-08-29, 11:04am
Mary Lockwood

OK, I was going to write this as another post, but I don't want to add anymore length to this thread or bump it up again so I'm adding it as an edit to this post.

I don't think that what I said was inherently wrong...but I do think that digging up this whole thread and making everybody relive it was wrong. My only defense is that I didn't realize this was old. I saw a post from Carrie somewhere else here on LE that was an apology. Then I came across this borobox thread and thought it was all still fresh and going on.

It was my mistake to not look at the dates, I posted prematurely.

I apologize sincerely for making people uncomfortable and I'm very sorry for bumping up this long dead issue.

Take care!
~~Mary

Last edited by Moth; 2006-08-30 at 4:08pm.
Old 2006-08-29, 8:16pm

Just let it go Mary.....

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2006-08-30, 4:41am
lov'in life!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth
Wow, when I started the first geoglass box over at wet canvas a couple of years ago it was never this freakin' complicated.

I've never seen so many people get pissed off about such trivial crap.

I can't seem to stop myself from posting to this thread even though I was not involved in any manner other than observer.

It's a shame that from very early in the game so many people were worried about somebody else screwing them over.

Kinda ugly guys.

Since when is cutting a rod of glass in half so that you can leave part of the selection for someone else a bad thing? Instead of seeing it as someone not wanting to hog a whole rod, you saw it as the next person getting screwed out of getting a whole rod.

And why was the tracking number a secret?

That is a very negative attitude to have. These boxes are supposed to be fun. I hope your next attempt goes a little better.

~~Mary
WHY you would want to bring up all these old negative feelings is beyond me Mary. I don't think there's very many people, that were involved in this thread that are very proud of it. I wish it would just could have remained dead and buried.

Old 2006-08-30, 5:18am
ManBearPig

I don't know what ever happened to the first box. It never made it to me so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't make much difference to me.

I don't know Carrie that well, but from what time I have spent with her she seems like a good person. But, sometimes bad things happen to good people and that makes everyone think bad of them.

But, anyways, it's all over with now. People are going to think what they will, and that's fine. Things happen. And, in the long run, how important is a few rods of glass? At the moment it may be very important, but in the long run, it means very little. Heck, I give away rods of glass all the time.

Old 2006-08-30, 5:34am
Serenity Now!

I agree with those who have said to let it rest...BUT - Chad, the point is not over a few rods of glass...please give people more credit than that! The point was the way in which things were/were not dealt with, a question of integrity, along with the "slap in the face" (a nice way of saying it) at the bitter end.
Onwards and forward with our new box, and here's hoping that everyone involved will have a fun time with it, and create lots of beautiful stuff!
I'd love this post to be the final thread killer...hope it's not just a dream!
Peace and love...

Old 2006-08-31, 8:08am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I'll be the thread killer here.

I had a GREAT time playing boro box with everyone.
I loved the things I got from all the people that contributed,
opening that box was like Christmas and Hanukkah and a little
bit of birthday party all put together. It just made my week!

I'm still working my way through all the wonderful things I got from
everybody - and I'm so grateful to Carrie for having put this together
in the first place, and I'm grateful to all the people that played along
to make this a wonderful experience for me and all those who came
before me. Thank you to all those who took the time, effort and energy
into making this a great experience for us.

So - I'm sending out love to everybody. THANK YOU!
I look forward to being in swaps, challenges, contests and part of funky
things like boro boxes, in the future.
Here's the love ->

Carrie, I admire your generosity, and PLEASE - if it turns out that there
are problems in collecting the insurance (or even if the insurance comes
up "short") PLEASE PM me and I will be so very happy to suppliment
the shortcomings with contributions on my end. Thank you for your positive
spirit in starting this box, and I look forward to any other challenges or fun
stuff you come up with in the future.