Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-03-09, 6:16am
Mandrel Slayer

Talking March Boro

Thanks Ash. I love the implosions.

The heart is amazon Bronze with a little ruby frit.
Bonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashmo View Post
Great work so far everyone!
Cher i just love the colours you got out of those beads
Bonny what colour did you use for that heart? It's beautiful.
Here are a couple from me, The first one is just using silver fume
and clear . The second is a frit blend I bought awhile ago. I love
using frit for implosions and I find it's a great way to learn implosions
because you are not drawing every dot on but can just focus on
watching how the glass implodes(sp?).
Keep it coming guys!
Ash

Old 2007-03-09, 7:39am
Hummel factory reject

Thank you boro babes! My urchin is hollow. Worked on tubing. There are two holes on the sides so that it may be used as a focal. Lori

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-03-09, 10:51am
stacijane on Etsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko View Post
Lot's of luscious, lickable, fruity, implosive and sparkley boro lovelies here! Good to see some new people posting too! Off to ANOTHER show this weekend so here is one of my urchins that I photographed today. Each one of these little puffy guys has thier own personality. This one is about 2". Keep it coming! Lori
That's fantastic! I love your sea urchins. Are you talking about the show in Syracuse this weekend? If so I'll see you there!

Old 2007-03-09, 11:55am
San Diego Toni

Yeesh! You guys are amazing!! Carrie girl that mango is HOT!!!!
So many different colors and styles...all fabulous! I have been inspired to pull the blue moon back out - super nice!

I'm going to step outside my little safety bubble and share some of my recent stuff too...

These first ones are my initial attempts at Brad's matrix design that was in Glassline - Not too bad for first tries I think!
A flower marble and air trap pendant too. I'll have to post again to show my dichro mini-vase.
Thanks!

Toni
Attached Images

Old 2007-03-09, 12:02pm
San Diego Toni

This is a 3" miniature vase I did in class - it is dichro tubing encased in heavywall. I have a few ideas (yeah, just a few ) floating around in my head that involve chain, so I tried to make a few links. They all move freely - the shapes definitely need work though. It was a little tricky so any tips would be appreciated!
Have a great weekend!!

Toni

Oh - and that's Ozzy-dogs
Attached Images

Old 2007-03-09, 1:37pm
Madmanmarbles

Cool chain Toni...
I have been working on a chain too... here is one I played with...
Attached Images

[color="Red"] Chettah
Old 2007-03-09, 3:38pm
Nah, not really...;)

Good grief Toni, you should be posting more girl!

I like the bottom right pendant w/ the black backing! It ROCKS!

Both of y'all have my admiration for doing chains...WOW!

Old 2007-03-09, 8:35pm
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Joe, you gonna show me how you did the chain when we finally get to meet?

Jerri
Old 2007-03-09, 10:28pm

Beads, Vessels, hearts, marbles, chains...man you guys are putting together some sweet stuff.

Here is a 2" Galaxy marble I made yesterday. I used the Golden Sunset Dichro from Trevs Glass. You should see it in person. I am really happy with it!
Attached Images

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-03-09, 10:59pm

Here is the front and back of another galaxy marble.
Attached Images

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-03-10, 4:18am
Nah, not really...;)

I really like the back of the marble Eric, very sensual.

Old 2007-03-10, 9:10am
The Venerable Bead

I'm digging the chains
here is another "living stone" gonna keep developing this.
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-03-10, 12:32pm

This is a 1.25" implosion pendant that I did last night. It was supposed to be a marble, but then I noticed I was almost out of oxy so I had to finish it off quickly.
Attached Images

Old 2007-03-10, 1:15pm
stacijane on Etsy

Paula - I like that concept - you are on to something there
Eric - great color on that pendant!

Old 2007-03-10, 2:49pm
San Diego Toni

Hey Joe - nice job! When I was working on it I found that if you add the links to the end piece with the punty on it, the other links head downwards and away from where you will add the next link. I figured that out after I had a few stick together! LOL!

Thanks Carrie I need the encouragement!

Eric I got my samples but haven't had a chance to play yet - they look great! The blue on that pendant really pops, and the pearly sparkle is a nice touch.

Love the living stones - very unique!!
Let's see more!!

tone

Old 2007-03-10, 3:02pm
Boldly going

These are some experimental marbles. I'm working on a couple new techs and these are the results so far. I know the Vortex thing has been done to death but I'm trying to put a my own spin on it.

The depth in these marbles is remarkable and photographs can't begin to capture the effect. I'm planning to do a series of these and then make them available for purchase.

This one shines like satin. It's very reflective. I just purchased a couple opals and I'm planning to do a couple like this with a nice opal in the middle. About 1-1/2" in diameter.

This one was a double wammy test. I was testing a new color as well as a combination of a couple techs. To me, in person, with good lighting, the background looks like clouds with rays of sunshine peeking through. Very cool. About 2" in diameter.

This one is a lot of gold and there are multiple layers within the vortex that can't even be seen in the photos. This one's not very symmetrical but the "unevenness" of the swirling vortex gives nice dimension and depth to it. About 2" in diameter.

This one was made with another new color. The air trap implosion part is an odd color but has lots of fuzzy crystal growth which is interesting. About 2" in diameter.

More to come.

Brad

Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison

|
|
|
Old 2007-03-10, 3:42pm
boro color bender

Damn Brad... holy crap man! Those are super sick... I like that tech in a marble! Schawing!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-03-10, 4:18pm
lov'in life!!!

Excuse me Brad, while I pick myself back up off the floor! Holy schnikies! Those are just, just frigg'in awesome. WOW.

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

Old 2007-03-10, 4:23pm

holyFRICKENwow
Old 2007-03-10, 6:08pm
Hummel factory reject

Yikes! Brad will you send my cat back when he hits the bottom of vortex
one. He was sitting quietly on my lap while I was surfing.... and my socks...

Beautiful work and photography Sir! Thank you. Lori

Old 2007-03-10, 6:32pm
critter creator

Awesome mibs! And nice work in general, everyone

Here's what I've been making lately. NOT very exciting by themselves, but I'm making hundreds of these for an interior designer who will be hanging them from the ceiling of a new ice cream shop going up in a town nearby to me. Should look pretty cool when everything is done.

But MAN, am I getting tired of making stars Oh yeah, these range in width from 1.5 - 3".

Old 2007-03-11, 9:16am

love the stars ! good luck!
ro
Old 2007-03-11, 12:39pm
boro color bender

It's been a while since I've shown... I finally got some new pics taken.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-03-11, 3:41pm
Renee Weaver

Well I keep plugging away, here is my next batch of beads after about 3 weeks of experimenting. Boro is really hard to take pictures of. Do you take pictures in the sun? In a light box? Under overcast skies?

Old 2007-03-11, 3:46pm
boro color bender

I take my pics in a light box. Two 100 watt reveal light bulbs. Nutting fancy.

Old 2007-03-11, 4:54pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
I take my pics in a light box. Two 100 watt reveal light bulbs. Nutting fancy.
Smiley's pics are very accurate. The piece I bought from him looked just like the photo on ebay.

Old 2007-03-11, 5:23pm

Brad...those marbles are positively otherworldly...just wonderful! And Smiley...the colors!!! How do you do that??

Sandy
Old 2007-03-11, 6:44pm

Brad, those marbles are incredible!

And Brent, you are the King of color!

I haven't posted in awhile, here's what I've been up to.

some ancient looking boro

a tree sprite and his string of beads

and some more pinks

Old 2007-03-12, 2:08am
Nah, not really...;)

Smiley...you...you...show off! Ummm, are we making those in class? JK.

Great job Renee! Keep posting!

Anyhoo, some simple cubes/discs from moi. Not in the same league as Smiley, but...
BerrySorbet

Old 2007-03-12, 3:08am

Beautiful color Carrie!