LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2013-05-07, 5:10am

Default Wanted: Tutorial on making leaves with stringer

I've seen many tutes on making flowers but I'd love to know how to do the leaves people put on their beads. A video would be best. I'm more than happy to pay! I just can't see in my mind how it's done.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-05-10, 9:25am
Redheaded Thread Killer

Hmm. I'm sure there are tons out there, and probably free ones as well as paid.

I did a fast google and found this one on etsy:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/77784887...eafvine-twisty

This thread has a ton of various twisty recipes, you can peruse it to see if you find one that appeals to you for leaves:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...=vine+tutorial

To me it's more about making the right type of twisty and then application of said twisty by swipe method or by using a tool to add crease/pull tips, etc.

Hope this helps some?

Edited to add: You could also try this feather tutorial from Sislonski and use leafy colors:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=241868

Currently... torch is cold. Not sure when I'll be making glass again. Hothead and Lynx user.
Nothing on

Last edited by MistyCherie; 2013-05-10 at 9:28am.
Old 2013-06-01, 3:17pm
Bead maker and bead buyer

Gemsinbloom also asked something similar. Here was the thread:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=150363
Old 2013-06-01, 5:03pm

Thanks!

Old 2013-06-15, 7:08am

I can't show you but I can try to explain it. Take your leaf stringer and melt the very end to form a tiny ball. When you lay the ball down onto the bead, it has to be hot enough to move. Lay the ball down and drag through the ball in a downward motion so it brings the ball to a point but also leaves a ditch in the middle. When you do this, you are working out of the flame. As soon as you drag, go back into the flame to burn off the stringer.

This is like a dance. You just have to practice and you will get a rhythm going and you will be able to do it with your eyes closed and both hands tied behind your back

For the finish, you might have a ball of glass where the stringer was burned off. Heat your stringer again and the ball on the leaf and remove the excess glass to clean it up.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

Old 2013-07-01, 11:45pm

Hi this is nice comment posting i like it, thanks
Old 2013-08-06, 10:30pm
Avada Kedavra

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassactcc View Post
I can't show you but I can try to explain it. Take your leaf stringer and melt the very end to form a tiny ball. When you lay the ball down onto the bead, it has to be hot enough to move. Lay the ball down and drag through the ball in a downward motion so it brings the ball to a point but also leaves a ditch in the middle. When you do this, you are working out of the flame. As soon as you drag, go back into the flame to burn off the stringer.

This is like a dance. You just have to practice and you will get a rhythm going and you will be able to do it with your eyes closed and both hands tied behind your back

For the finish, you might have a ball of glass where the stringer was burned off. Heat your stringer again and the ball on the leaf and remove the excess glass to clean it up.

Hope that clears it up a bit.
Thank you. That explanation was so helpful, I "got it" from what you're saying.

Old 2013-08-06, 10:54pm

Yeah, so glad it helped you